Mind Games : 01

This was inspired by the way Alden was looking at Maine while she was dancing last Saturday during their 6th monthsary. Enjoy!

ALDEN's POV

"Wag ako, Maine. Wag ako."

I told her.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Stop playing mind games with me. You won't like me like this, Maine."

//

1WEEK AGO

I miss my wife. It's been 2 weeks since I've seen her. We've both been so busy with prior commitments and it feels like we haven't talked in ages. She has a new Teleserye she's working on, with her now, love team Jake Ejercito. I persuaded her not to do it, well, she knows my reasons. But I trust her. And besides, the ring on my finger says she's mine, forever.

I've also been busy with our investments. I decided to take a break from showbiz to properly focus on our chain of restaurants named "MaiChard". So far, we have 5 branches all over the Philippines, and 3, abroad. This was a sort of partnership with my Father. So, for the past few weeks, I've been travelling all over the country to monitor the progress of the business. I've hopped from place to place, and it's exhausting, but for our future, I know it's gonna be worth it.

Me and Maine talked through sms or call and even face time a few times, but not long. Not that we don't want to but because our schedules really can't permit it.

I'm currently at Cebu, visiting one of our branches. I had the sudden urge to text her even though  we talked this morning.

To Maine:
I'll be home in a week, love. Wait for me. I love you, Maine.

I don't expect her to reply. I know she has taping today. I just really miss her. I miss her cooking, her long hugs, sweet kisses, little lambing-s, and yes I miss making love to her. Forgive me, it's been two weeks!

And it's so hard to be apart from my woman. She's amazing, as my wife, if you catch my drift.

//

Days passed and I've noticed how Maine rarely responds to my texts, calls and e-mails. She's always telling me she's busy or she has work or she was with family, and the like. And it kind of worries me. We've only been 5 years through this marriage, and I think this is our first stumbling block. I guess we just have to sort things out tomorrow when I get back. We're gonna see each other again, finally, after 3 long, exhausting weeks.

The next morning.

"I'm home!"

"Hi!"

Maine greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a brief hug.

"What, no kiss on the lips?" I pleaded

"Later na lang Rj. We have to get ready. We're going to Valeen and Je's wedding, remember?"

"Today na ba yun?"

"Yes babe, so hop in the shower na."

"Join me?" I teased

"I already showered, Rj. And besides, malapit na sila Ms. Liz and yung glam team. So, hurry up!"

Now I'm really getting worried. Is there something going on that I don't know?

I got dressed in a custom Francis Libiran tuxedo, had a haircut, and got cleaned up. I looked in the mirror, and I see a worried expression on my face. I still can't shake off the feeling that there's something going on.