The Vow : 03

A/N: Guys, I know Rj and Maine said they wanted a church wedding but, I also took into consideration how much they value their privacy, hence the beach wedding. Thank you and enjoy reading!

PS: some of you noticed that the vows resembled Toni Gonzaga and Paul Soriano's wedding vows. That's cause I got my inspiration from there. Favorite ko yun eh, sobrang natouch ako hahaha 😭

Tweet me your thoughts @hdrmd24 ✌🏻️

THE WEDDING

He was biting his nails, nervous as heck as he fidgeted and kept looking at his watch. Where is she? He thought. He was so anxious to see his bride making her way to him, swearing to forever. He reaches for his handkerchief to wipe the beads of sweat forming around his nape, hoping it won't touch his ivory suit. He says a prayer, thanking the Lord for today and hoping everything pans out as it is set to be. It was 5:30pm and the breeze now turned a little bit cooler in Amanpulo beach. It was starting to get dim, and the beauty of the place slowly began to show. The fairy lights and lit candles showed their sparkle. His worry began to turn to utter joy when he heard the creak of the double doors.

As the sun began to set, the meeting of orange, pink and blue, silence enveloped the entire beach. The door opened and there she was, stunning as ever. With a bright white smile, blushing red cheeks and sparkling eyes, she started to walk down the aisle. She was wearing this Vera Wang ivory strapless mermaid style wedding gown, white sandals, with her wavy hair down, and a veil covering her face, she made her way to her groom. Parents at her side, both in happy tears as they walked and like on cue, the song "God have me you" serenaded everyone.

Slowly but surely he saw his life flash before his eyes. Tears began to well up but his vision was crystal clear, that woman right there is the woman of his dreams, his wife, the future mother of his children and his whole entire universe.

She walked in small steps as she never broke her gaze at him. She was crying, tears kept falling from her eyes, which were cheekily hidden by her veil. This was it, the moment she has been anticipating since their relationship began. She was about to give up her surname for his.

He kept mouthing Thank you God, for blessing me with her as she proceeded down the aisle. And there she was, only inches away from him. He quickly reached out and gave her parents a big hug, and whispered his utmost and sincerest, "thank you". She kissed her parents on the cheeks, and embraced them dearly. They were both in tears, as they were giving their daughter away.

She took his hand as they gazed at each other, slowly making their way together at the altar. The priest began the ceremony and everyone sat down and quietly listened. But it was like their world has stopped. They didn't hear anything except the beat of their hearts, thudding for each other.

The two were like in their own little world, unmindful that the people around them were already crying. It wasn't long until the Priest asked them to read their vows that the silence broke.

"Maine, your vows please."

She turned toward Rj, crumpled paper in hand.

"Hi."

"Hi."

He smiled.

"Richard Faulkerson, Jr. Wow, what a mouthful. But a name I enjoy saying the most, especially the last name, as it will become mine very soon. Ha. Firstly, I want to sing a song to you. I know, I know, I'm not one for singing, but let me just do my best. Here it is;