#A4Day6 : Cafe Latte

I went to my favorite cafe today to get my caffeine fix. I've been coming here since I was in highschool and nothing seems to ever change. Everything's just the way it used to be.

I sat down at the corner spot as I waited for the waiter to deliver my order. A breeze blew my hair gently as the door to the cafe opened and two familiar faces stepped inside.

It was him, Jacob with his wife, Claire. His very pregnant wife.

I watched as they happily went to the counter, giddily chuckling to each other as they held hands.

I fondly remember when we used to be like that.

--

"Favorite mo pa din talaga 'tong cappucino noh? Even after all these years?" He said, wiping the whipped cream left on the corner of my mouth.

"Oo noh. Ito kasi yung drink na nilibre mo sa akin nung first date natin dito, remember?" I chuckled.

"Ofcourse I do, babe. And I can't believe it's been 3 years since you officially said yes to being my girlfriend. And I couldn't be more happier." He said, holding my hand from across the table.

"Cheesy mo!" I replied, as I felt heat radiating to my cheeks.

"Aminin mo, kinilig ka dun!"

"Oo na." I rolled my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too."

--

I was snapped out of my trance as the waiter delivered my drink.

"One cafe latte for Miss Maine." He said as he laid my new favorite hot beverage on my table.

"Thank you."

I then felt a tap on my shoulder and a kiss on my cheek as my husband, Richard came from the washroom.

"Mahal, did you get your drink na?" He asked.

"Yes, mahal. You sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm good, Maine. So pano, let's go? I bet the kids are waiting for us to get home."

"Oo nga. Sige, tara." I stood up, reached out for his hand and held it as we walked towards the exit.

I took one final glance at Jacob and Claire and smiled. I guess, not everything you lose is a loss. Sometimes, better things come when you least expect it.

AFIREOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara