The Right Time : 05

Dahil di natuloy yung exam namin this morning and I had spare time, here's another chapter for you guys. Short and sweet 😭😁

Tweet me your thoughts @hdrmd24

---------------------

ALDEN's POV

To my dearest wife, Maine,

I just want to let you know, I see everything.

The moment you told me you were pregnant, I saw the overjoyed look in your eyes. You were glowing. It wasn't just in the way to smile or laugh. It's in you every move. I saw you grow more careful with yourself. You admittedly said you were clumsy, and was so nervous because you didn't want to lose the baby. But since then, I saw you become more graceful, moving with the growing baby inside your belly.

The first few weeks and months, I saw you struggle so much already. The nausea, vomiting, back pains, frequent urination, and other symptoms, I saw you endure them all. When I would ask you if you were okay, you just shrugged it all off, smiled and said yes. I want you to know, I saw how much you were trying to hold back your struggle. And if only, I could take them away my love, I will.

You had so many weird cravings; from apples with bagoong, singkamas ang ketchup to chico and ice cream. You said they were foul to you before but now, you love them so much you ask me to peel and prepare some for you at 3am. I just want you to know, I see everything. I see how giddy you get whenever I'm successful in getting your cravings for you. And I would gladly do everything just to always see that look in your eyes.

I also saw how happy you made your family and mine. I know this baby was 6 years overdue and the moment we let them know a baby was coming, they were so excited.

Now, your belly is getting bigger, our baby is growing more and more inside of you. We went for an ultrasound today, and the doctor revealed the gender together with the Fetal Anatomy Survey. Since yesterday, you've been so anxious and nervous. Not just because of the gender reveal but because you were afraid that the baby might have defects. I hate that pessimistic side of you, but I've learned to adapt to it over the years. You squeezed my hand all throughout the car ride. You were so silent. And I saw your reflection on the passenger window as you were looking outside. Your eyebrows were furrowed, lips pressed in a straight line and eyes squinted. Again, I see everything. If only I can assure you, everything was gonna be okay.

You were also silent during the test and the ultrasound. The doctor was trying to engage in small talk but I saw how anxious you are to know the results.

And everything was okay. The moment the Doctor uttered the words, "your baby is normal. It's a boy!" , I know you wanted to jump for joy then and there. I want to let you know, I saw the tears forming on the sides of your eyes; the tears you were so keen to hide. And I saw how quickly the expression changed from sad to giddy happy. I feel you, love. I'm so happy too. Soon, little Richard Faulkerson III will be in our arms.

It's not ever yet, love. We still have 3 more months of waiting, and I know, physically you still have to endure 3 months of pregnancy symptoms. I just want to let you know, I'm here. I will always be here. I will never leave your side. I promise. We're gonna go through this, your hand in mine, together.

And love, stop worrying you'd get less and less beautiful in my eyes. I know that going on in this pregnancy, the doctor said you'd lose some of your hair and gain more weight. And to be honest, I really don't care. You will always look beautiful in my eyes, no matter what state you are in.

Take care of yourself, and I will also take care of you. As we are waiting for the little one to come out soon, He is also waiting to see his mother's face. The face of the woman who carried him for 9 months and endured everything just to bring him into this world. Keep than in mind, love.

I love you.

Excited as you are,
Your husband, Rj.