Lazy Sunday

It was quite an unusual Sunday in Faulkerson home because today, Rj and Maine were not bombarded with appointments, shoots and tapings. They were just quietly lounging in their secluded beach house. It was a quiet and lazy day indeed, for both of them just decided to stay in bed, watch movies, browse social media and anything else not involving any physical activity. And for them, it was one of the best days they've had together in years.

"So, what movie next?"

"Hmm, since puro tayo western romcoms, you wanna watch old tagalog films?"

"Sure! Which one would you like?"

"How about yung kay Rico Yan and Claudine?"

"Got to believe?"

"No, the other one. Yung, uhh, ano na nga yun? Yung 'Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita'. One of my favorites!"

"O sige, but before we watch, pwede bang kumain muna tayo ng dinner? Gutom na ko eh."

"Gutom ka pa niyan? Eh ikaw nga umubos ng popcorn at chips oh. Ebidensya!"

"Alam mo namang gutumin ako, Meng, di ba?"

"Oo na. Sige na. Gagawin ko na wife duties ko. Ano gusto mo?"

"Pwede magrequest?"

"Ng ano?"

"Yung favorite ko."

"Ah, yung bopis?"

"Hindi. IKAW."

Her eyes widened at his naughty remark.

"Say that again?"

"Hahaha biro lang, oo, yung bopis."

"You know I can't compete with your mom's recipe."

"But next to hers, yours is my favorite."

He winked at her and hugged her from behind.

"You're obligated to say that cause I'm your wife."

"Grabe siya. Hindi noh, sarap kaya ng luto ng misis ko."

"Chos. Sige na, go shower so I can prepare our dinner. Baho mo na oh."

"Sabayan mo ko?"

He teased.

"Umayos ka nga Rj! You want bopis or not?"

"I want. Sige na. I'll leave you alone."

Maine watched as her husband walked to the bathroom and then went down to the kitchen to gather the ingredients for his favorite food. She smiles as she thinks about all the dishes she had to learn over the years because of her husband. Never for once did she think that she would be handling pork livers, lungs and heart like this, but for Rj, she did. And she was happy, because she knows that preparing this would bring happiness to him.

As she started to cut, chop, sautee and boil, her husband joins her.

"Wow, mukhang masarap ah."

"Sana."

"Ilang beses mo na ba niluto yan para sa akin? Parang kala mo first time palagi haha."

"Eh kasi nga syempre, gusto ko perfect. Favorite mo to eh, saka signature dish ng Mom mo."

"Ano ka ba, kahit sunog na itlog lang ihain mo sa akin, basta ikaw nagluto, okay lang."

"Ang corny mo nanaman!"

"Seriously, Meng."

"Ugh, stop it. You're making me blush. Sige ka, baka pumalpak tong niluluto ko!"