The Right Time : 06

Hey guys! Please before reading, listen to Jj Heller's 'I get to be the one'. It's gonna be Maine's song to her baby. Hope you guys love it! Thank you 😁

Tweet me your thoughts @hdrmd24 😁

-------------------

ALDEN's POV

I woke up to the sound of leaves fluttering, moving with the wind.

I reached out to the other side of the bed and felt nothing. My wife is missing from my touch. I rub my eyes and reached out for my watch. It's 5:30 am.

The room is still dark because the sun still wasn't up. I scanned the room, hoping to set gaze at my wife, and I saw her near the glass door. Her silhouette was the only thing I could see through the dimness.

She was looking outside, hands on her pregnant belly, caressing it. I stood up and made my way to her and embraced her from behind.

"Good morning, my love. Up early?"

"Yes, love. I woke up to our baby's movement. He kept fussing all night. Cheeky boy, not letting his mom sleep."

She reached out her hand and put it on my nape while I rested my head on her shoulders.

"Ano iniisip mo, Maine? You look so deep in thought."

"Hmm. A lot of things. But most of all our baby."

"What about him?"

"Napaisip lang ako Tisoy. 3 months na lang lalabas na si baby. Handa na ba tayo?"

"Oo naman. Everything's good. Maayos na yung nursery, kumpleto na yung gamit niya. Pangalan na lang kulang."

"That's not what I meant, love."

She broke off our embrace and turned towards me.

"What if I'm not ready to be a mother? What if hindi pa ko handang magalaga ng bata? Magpadede, maagpalit ng diaper, magpatahan. What if hindi niya ako magustuhan? Baka pag kinarga ko siya umiyak lang siya, or worse, baka malaglag ko siya? Parang ayoko pa siyang lumabas, kelangan ko pa ng oras para maghanda. Parang-"

"Sshh, Meng. Wag mong sabihin yan. Ayan nanaman yung pessimistic side mo eh. Throughout this pregnancy, kasabay ng pagdevelop ng baby natin inside you, I've also seen you grow. Gone are the days where you would sleep late because you want to watch movies all night. I've seen you discipline yourself by doing your best in sleeping early for the baby. Also, you've sacrificed all the junk food and sweets you've always eaten before at tinitiis mo yung bitterness ng fresh fruit and vegetable juices na pinapainom ko sayo para makuha ng baby yung nutrients. I've also witnessed how you religiously take your prenatal vitamins, no matter how many and big they were. Nakikita kong nasusuka ka na because of them pero tinitiis mong inumin. You've sacrificed so much for this baby. Isn't that evidence enough that you'll be a great mother?"

"But love, I just don't want to disappoint him. And I don't want to disappoint you."

"You can never disappoint me Maine. Everything you do is out of love, and that satisfies me the most."

"Oh, Rj.."

"I know, I know. Basta love, stop your worrying. Pag lumabas na yung baby natin, every doubt and fear you have, will fade away. Mahal na mahal ka namin ng baby natin, di ba baby boy?"

I reached out for her belly. And like on cue, we both felt him move.

"See, love? He agrees with me. So please don't frown. Hindi bagay sayo."