The Right Time : 02

MAINE's POV

"I'm so happy, Maine! This is the best day of my life! So, how will we tell our parents?"

"Agad agad? Hahaha we still need to go to my OB-GYNE to confirm the pregnancy. I actually already made an appointment with Dra. Dela Rosa later. Come with me?"

"Of course! I will clear my schedule."

I felt rumbling inside my stomach, it's as if the contents want to come back up. I gestured for Rj to wait and I ran to the bathroom and to no surprise, vomited in the sink. Morning sickness. I quickly cleaned myself up and Rj emerged.

"Okay ka lang Maine!"

"Yup, morning sickness lang to."

"Can I get you anything."

"Water, please. Thank you."

I came out of the bathroom to our bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed, and held my hand against my stomach. It really hasn't really sunk in that I have life growing inside of me. I caress my tummy as if I'm touching my growing baby.

"Hold on Baby ha. Hang in there. It's just 9 months. We'll meet you soon."

I whispered.

I looked up and saw my husband staring at me, all teary-eyed.

"You okay Love?"

"Yeah. Here's your water."

He said, gesturing me to take a sip. I complied.

"Thank you. Sorry to say this, but you have to bear with me for 9 months. For sure mahihirapan ka. I hope you'll be patient with me."

"Of course love. That little one growing inside of you is definitely going to be worth of it all. Kahit humingi ka pa sa akin ng mangga at 3am okay lang. Susuyurin ko buong bansa para maikuha ka lang ng gusto mo. Walang halong bola."

"Nako nga, wag ka mangako. Baka mag-expect ako,"

"Expect me to be by your side, love. Magkaramay tayo, remember? In sickness and in health. For better or for worse-"

"Til death do us part. I love you, husband."

"I love you too, wife."

He then touched my tummy.

"And we love you, little one."

//

"Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Faulkerson, you're 5 weeks pregnant! See this, this is your growing baby. I'll print out copies of the ultrasound for you."

"Thanks Doc. Pwede pong 3? We'd like to give them to our parents."

"Sure! No problem. So, by 8 weeks, come in for a check-up for us to see if the baby has a heart beat already. For now, Maine, take care of yourself ha. Wag masyado magpagod. Ikaw naman Alden, do all the heavy lifting for your wife ha. And please, bawal muna ang sexy time. Kasi the uterus might contract which can cause spontaneous abortion of the baby. We definitely don't want that. Okay? I' ll have my assistant give you the print outs."

"Salamat po Doc!"

"You heard that, love? Malapit na natin marinig ang heartbeat ng baby natin. Ano kayang gender niya?"

"Sana boy, para may Richard Faulkerson III."

"Haha gusto ko girl. I want to name her Celestine or Celeste."

"I like that name."

Then the assistant walked in.

"Mam, sir, eto na po yung print outs. Pakisettle na rin po yung bill. "