#A4Day4 : Distance

"How long has it been?"

"Almost 2 months."

"I miss you, Maine."

"I miss you too, Rj."

Both touched their respective cellphone screens as they bid goodbye through face time. The two have been apart for two months now, him being in the US visiting family and her at home in the Philippines. The time difference added to the prolonged agony of being apart, him sleeping when she's awake and vice versa. It has been a struggle but soon it will be over and Rj will be home in a week.

The next day, while Maine was on her way home from work that evening, her cellphone rang. It was Rj.

"Hello? Rj?"

"Maine? How are you?"

"Good. Pauwi na ko."

"Nag-dinner ka na?"

"Yes tapos nag-take out lang ako ng something to drink. Paakyat na ko sa unit ko. Nasa elevator na."

"That's good to hear. So, what are you having tonight? Coffee, tea--"

The elevator chimed as Maine reached her floor. She fumbled for her keys in her purse as she was holding her cellphone in one hand to her ear and her drink in the other. Finally, she managed to open her door. "Actually, I'm having--"

Before she could finish her words, she was pleasantly surprised by the sight before her; Rj, standing dashing and handsome on the other side of her door.

"Or me?"