V : Tired

It's one of those Friday nights that he's aching to go home and plop down his bed. He just finished his concert in Antipolo, and to say he's exhausted is an understatement. But he didn't really mind it cause he did have fun. To see all those fans and supporters taking time out of their day to see him perform gives him chills. Never in all his 5 years in showbiz did he ever think that he will come that far, but he's grateful nonetheless, to be blessed with all that he has now, most especially with his girlfriend - Maine.

It hasn't been easy. They've just passed their 8th month mark in showbiz and they've seen how much they've gone through, not just as an on screen love team but off screen as well. Also, due to their busy schedules, they rarely see each other and spend quality time together, alone. Everything is seen by the camera and to be honest, they're starting to get suffocated. Once in a while, they'd like to escape the lime light and just be Rj and Maine. So, he decided to purchase a condo, mainly because he wanted it to be their place. A place where they could be themselves, and they're free to do anything they want. She was hesitant at first, given the fact that people might know. There are a lot of keen people in their fandom because even in the most hidden disguise, she was recognized when she secretly went to her boyfriend's concert earlier that evening, to which Rj doesn't have any idea about.

He was dead tired. So, he decided to just go to his condo and rest. He wanted to see her but he understands that she's tired too, given all the happenings earlier that day, so he held himself back in asking her to go by his condo and just decided to be alone for the night. But of course, he was yearning for her, like a deer panting for water.

It was in the wee hours of the morning that he arrived in his condo. He hurriedly but exhaustingly gathered his things and proceeded to the elevator. But since he wanted to bid his girlfriend goodnight, with the knowledge that she's still awake, he dialed her number.

"Babe?"

"Hello? Hello Babe?"

"Babe? Saan ka na? Mama Ten told me kakatapos lang ng concert mo. Pauwi ka na?"

"Nakauwi na ko babe, sa condo, sa elevator na ko. Too tired to go home to Laguna."

"Really? Sa new condo mo?"

"Yes babe.. I miss you.."

"Awww babe, I miss you too. When will I see you?"

"I wanted to ask you to come by pero alam ko pagod ka rin..."

"I'm never too tired for you, Rj. You know that."

"Pero ayoko na kitang abalahin, baby.."

"Weh? Baka ayaw mo lang ako makita..."

"Uy, hindi ha! Miss na miss na kaya kita. At gustong gusto na kitang makita.."

"Yun naman pala eh. Sige, halika na dito.."

"Saan?"

He said, arriving at his door and fishing for his keys. To his surprise, the door knob twisted and was opened by his girlfriend, grinning, holding her phone to her ear.

"Dito sa condo mo.."

He entered his condo, dropped his bags, closed the door and gave his girlfriend a big hug.

"Ginulat mo naman ako, babe! Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"I wanted to surprise you. I know how tired you are, kaya ako na lang pumunta sayo. And besides, we have to celebrate your concert. Parang after party."