The Right Time : 01

This will be a 5-part chapter (maybe more?), so please bear with me, hihi ❤️

Tweet me your thoughts and suggestions @hdrmd24 😁
---------------------

MAINE's POV

I made my way to the bathroom after drinking 3 tall glasses of water, holding 3 boxes of pregnancy tests. My husband is fast asleep in the bedroom and I made sure not to wake him.

I sat down the toilet, waiting for the urge to urinate whilst opening the boxes. I peed on all three, careful in following the instructions stated on the box. I patiently waited.

The first one had one clear line and one faint one. The second one the same.

Jusko sana yung pangatlo positibo.

I held my breath as I opened my eyes to look at the third one. And it was clear as day. Two dark lines. I'm pregnant. Buntis ako.

For the past few days, without my husband's knowledge, I've been taking pregnancy tests because I've noticed that there was a sudden delay in my period. I didn't want Rj to know because I didn't want him to expect anything. I've been praying and hoping because this child is 6 years overdue. Since we got married, everybody has been pressuring us, especially our parents to have a baby. But because of the busyness of our schedules, we can't seem to do so. Yes, we do the deed but I guess the timing is not correspondent to my ovulation.

But now, I guess this was the right time. Today is July 16, the day we met in KS. Funny isn't it? That the day that fate brought us together now brings us the gift of life.

I'm so ecstatic, clutching on to the pregnancy test like an idiot. And I was holding back my tears of joy and screams of happiness. I was too giddy and I wanted to surprise my husband.

So, I carefully wrapped the pregnancy test like a present. I'm planning to give this to him later after breakfast. Yee I'm so excited!

I hid the box under my clothes in the closet. And then I sneakily went back to bed beside Rj. But I couldn't sleep.

My mind was flooded with thoughts of my unborn child; of what the gender would be, what we should name him/her, how we would decorate the nursery, who the godparents would be and the like. Ugh, I couldn't hide my grin. I kept fussing about cause of all the excitement.

As the sun started to peak through the clouds, I felt my husband move beside me.

"Good morning, love. Gising ka na pala.."

"Good morning. How was your sleep, Rj?"

"It was good. Ikaw?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"Why? Is something bothering you?"

"Wala naman. Thoughts lang."

"Kasama ba ko sa thoughts na yan?"

"Always."

He then greeted me with a kiss on the forehead.

"Mmmm.. Ang bango naman, ano kaya niluluto ni Manang?"

"Oo nga. I asked her to cook bacon, eggs and fried rice for us. Gutom ka na?"

"Di pa naman. Let's stay in muna. I feel perfectly comfortable here."

Ano ba naman yan Rj. Excited na kong sabihin sayo eh. Tayo na kasi.

"Okay. 15 minutes."