#A4Day2 : Balentayms

She was busy in her kitchen preparing dinner when she felt two warm and large hands wrap around her waist.

"Hi." A deep, husky voice whispered in her ear.

"Hi." She whispered back, smiling.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Menggay." He planted a kiss on her cheek.

She turned around and placed her arms on his shoulders, her hands wrapped around his nape. "Happy Valentine's Day, Rj."

"May gift ako sa'yo." He pulled out a medium sized box from his back.

"You didn't have to, but thank you, love."

"Open it!"

And so she did, carefully tearing off the wrapping paper opening the box, discovering a stack of old photographs.

"Ano 'to Rj? Oh my. Yung mga old photos natin!"

"Yes. Nagustuhan mo ba?"

"Oo, sobra! Matagal ko na tong hinahanap. Akala ko nawala na since we moved here to Italy."

"I have my ways. Look at them." He giddily said.

As she browsed through them, she came across one photo that made her giggle when she recalled when it was taken. It was their first Valentine's together, ten years ago. It was also the first time Rj had asked Maine out for a date after a year of secretly having a crush on her.

"Hahahaha! Remember this Rj?"

"Oo. How could I forget? Sobrang laughtrip niyan. Jusko!"

"Naaalala ko na pulang pula yung ilong mo nung binigay mo sa akin yung bouquet tapos sneeze ka ng sneeze! Allergic ka pala dun sa bulaklak."

"Oo tapos nabahingan pa kita. Hiyang hiya ako nun. Susmaryosep." He looked up, embarrassed.

"Tapos sa restaurant na kinainan natin hindi pala masarap. Nung natikman natin yung food, nagkatinginan na lang tayo with a grossed out look on our faces. That was the funniest Valentine's Day of my life!" She beamed.

"Yeah, yeah." He giggled.

"And that was when I knew you were the one." She smiled and looked deep into his eyes as he pulled her close.

"I know. Ang tagal na natin, Menggay. Ilang taon na din tayo nagcecelebrate ng Valentine's together. Hindi ka ba nagsasawa?"

"Hindi noh. Papakasalan ba kita kung nagsasawa na ko sa'yo?" She flashed her wedding ring.

"I love you Mrs. Faulkerson."

"I love you to Mr. Faulkerson."

"Oh, tama na ang cheesiness. Kiss mo na ko." He teased.

"Ikaw talaga! Oh eto na kiss na." She closed her eyes and pursed her lips, tilting her head as she drew near, closing the gap between their lips, when suddenly, a pair of tiny feet came running towards them.

"Mimi! Dada!"

"Thirdy! Come give Mimi a hug!" Thirdy, their one year old son gave Maine a big bear hug. "Oh, kiss Dada naman."

"Sarap naman ng kiss ng baby. Thirdy, di ba Dada taught you something last night? Say it na to Mimi."

The toddler smiled from ear to ear, dimples appearing from both his cheeks.

"Hapee Balentayms, Mimi! Kith Dada!"

Maine shook her head and playfully glared at her smirking husband.

"Oh, kiss mo daw si Dada sabi ni Thirdy,"

"Ikaw, paraparaan ka pa din."

"Kiss din kita para even."

"Oo na, eto na." She gave him a peck on the lips. "Happy Valentine's."

"Happy Valentine's indeed."

--

A/N: entry for AMACon4 day 2. Hope you like it!