Mine | Two

"Richard Faulkerson, Jr. What the hell was that stunt you pulled kanina?!"

She said, as they got back to the car after the press con. She always calls out his full name whenever she's upset with him.

"What?"

Obviously guilty, yet playing innocent.

She slammed the door shut before answering.

"Anong what. Yung ginawa mo kanina, under the table, in public pa of all places. What if someone saw?"

"Sorry love. I just, I couldn't help myself."

"What if someone saw what you were doing, huh? What the hell would you do then?!"

She rolled her eyes at him, then shaking her head.

"Tapos ginamit mo pa kong human shield jan sa ano, sa arousal mo.."

She said motioning to his sex.

"I'm sorry, love. It's been a long year na rin kasi. And I miss us you know, being intimate."

"Rj, all I ask is for you to give me time to recover."

"Love, no offense, pero di ba dapat around 2 months fully recovered ka na? Umiiwas ka lang ba talaga sa akin?"

She couldn't answer him. If only he knew how badly she wanted to make love to him but the thought of the pain of having another child somehow scares her.

"No, it's not that. It's just, ayoko muna masundan si Thirdy. Ang sakit kaya."

"Then why didn't you tell me? Kesa naman kung ano ano iniisip ko."

"Ano ba kasi yang iniisip mo?"

"Na baka hindi na ko magaling sa kama."

"Hoy, yung totoo Rj. Ang babaw mo ha."

"Eh kasi naman, isang taon yun Meng. 365 days. Shit lang."

"Okay fine."

"Huh? Anong okay fine?"

"Just drive."

When they got to their house, Maine asked Rj to bring his phone out.

"Love, call dad."

"Why?"

"Tell him Thirdy can sleep over there tonight, dahil may pag-uusapan tayo."

She then ran upstairs before he even could answer her. It took RJ awhile to figure out what Maine wanted to happen. Blame the 365 days of abstinence for his dimwittedness. By the time he managed to move, his wife had already disappeared at the landing of their second floor. But he resisted the urge to follow her as he had to wait for his dad to pick up Thirdy.

"Oh anak, anong meron bakit bigla niyong pinapakuha si Thirdy? May lakad ba kayo?"

"Hindi po Dad. May uhh, may paguusapan lang kami ni Maine."

"Anak, may problema ba?"

"Wala Dad. Wala naman pong ganun. May mga bagay bagay lang kami talagang kailangan pagusapan."

"Sigurado ka ha."

"Opo Dad. Usapang mag-asawa lang. Don't worry."

"O sige. Oh ayan na pala si Thirdy."

"Hi Dad!"