Meeting Of A Lifetime

Max

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there," I say to the girl laying on the ground beside me.
Her long curly hair was in a ponytail, but still all over the place, and her puppy was wailing, licking at his paw where I stepped on him.

"Let me help you up," I say as I take her hand, and lightly pull her up. Her hand was warm and soft, and her gray eyes were locked on mine.

"You're that famous football guy, right?" she asks me.

"Nope. Tennis player actually," I say, and chuckle. I saw the doubt and confusion in her eyes, and I felt bad for the joke.

"I'm kidding, I'm a Formula One Racing Driver. Certified and all." I winked at her, and I swear she started blushing.

"Max Verstappen, nice to meet you. You are?" She was still staring.

"Oh.. Yeah uhm I'm Ally Carling. Certified and all." She smiled at me, but her attention quickly turned to her injured puppy.

"Oh my sweet puppy, are you okay?" she asks her puppy, and suddenly looks at me.

"What did you do to Senna?!" she asks, glaring at me.

Oh boy.

I kneel down to the puppy, and let him lick my hand. I scratch his neck, whilst looking at his paw. It doesn't look broken, or too badly injured, but Ally would have to go to the vet.

"I'm sorry Ms Ally, I didn't mean to hurt Senna. But you should take him to the vet, just to check it out." I say as I play with the puppy's collar.

"Oh gosh, it's 4pm, the vet closes at five I have to go!" She picked up her puppy, and started in the other direction. She glanced over her shoulder, and give me a smile whilst waving at me.

And with that, she was gone. And I almost felt sad. She looked special, spontaneous, and she wasn't the typical girl who is after my company for the fame.

She is definitely different.

Ally

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I just met the guy from the website. Max. My tiny tumblr brain cannot fathom what just happened. My only focus was rushing Senna to Dr Grey, our vet. I can't believe he stepped on my dog, he has those beautiful blue eyes, he could at least use them, damnit.

I carry Senna out of the car, into the warm and familiar waiting room of the vet. I see Ben Grey behind the desk and rush up to him.

"Hullo Benno," I greet my childhood friend. "Is your dad available? Senna and I had an accident at the park, he hurt his paw, and I don't want to take chances."

Ben laughs and shakes his head.

"Oh dear, Ally-Cat, you are such a klutz. Dad has no appointments now, let me walk you in." He takes Senna out of my arms, and carries him to the consult room. Dr Grey's eyes lit up when he saw me walking through the door.

"Allison, what a surprise! What can I do you for?" He asks, whilst looking at Senna.

"The poor pup met Ally, dad, they had an accident at the park. Senna hurt his paw." Ben said whilst laughing.

Dr Grey chuckled and felt at Senna's paw. Senna whimpered, but Dr Grey scratched his back. He reached for a bottle of pills, and handed it to me.

"It's nothing serious Allison, give him two pills each day. One in the morning and one in the evening. He will be his old self within a week." Dr Grey smiled at me and my pup.

"Thanks Doctor, what would I do without you?" I pick Senna up and walk to the door.

"By the way, my mum sends her regards. She says you should come over for tea sometime. The both of you," I say, and I wink at Ben.

"Aww yeah dad, Mrs Carling's crumpets are life. Thanks Ally-Cat! The pills are on the house, just get your pup better!" Ben says and leads me to my car.

"Thanks Benno, I'll see you soon, alright?" I say as I get in my car.

"Bye Ally, see you!" Ben waved me off.

He was my best friend, he was there for me when my dad passed, so he meant the world to me.

After I stopped at the pizza place, I headed home with my food and my Senna, wondering about that blue eyed guy. The idiot hurt my dog, I shouldn't be thinking about him. Stupid blue eyes.

I got the pizza out, and put four slices on two plates, and gave the one plate to Senna.

"You deserve it, my boy." I say, whilst I sit down on the couch with my laptop.

My phone pinged, and I checked the new message.

Unknown Number: Hey Ms Ally, is your puppy OK? What did the vet say??

Ms Ally? Only one person called me that. Max? Where did he get my number?

Ally: Where did you get my number, you weirdo. Senna is fine, doc says a week and he'll be good as new.

Max: good!! Sorry again :( can i make it up to you?? We could play football or tennis lol

Ally: don't do that, I feel bad about that! Tell me where you got my number?!?

Max: Senna's collar, I couldn't help myself, don't hate me :P

Ally: damnit, I should get Senna a new collar, to stop stalkers like you :/ i'm kidding, thanks for caring

Max: no problem Ms Ally. i'm in london for a few more days, can we get coffee sometime? Too make up for Senna's paw :)

Ally: only if I can bring Senna. He loves bagels.

Max: is Senna even a real dog lol, sure bring him, I'll buy him 4 bagels :) the Starbucks on 7th? Tomorrow morning at 9?

Ally: rushing it I see. Fine, tennis player, see you then :)

Max: Great. Goodnight Ms Ally ;)

I put my phone down and look at Senna.

"What legitimately just happened, Senna?" I yell whilst falling back and covering my face with my hands. I open my laptop up, and browse the racing websites until I find an in depth article about Max.

I must read up on him, I'll kill myself if I call him a tennis player again. But strangely enough, I'm excited about tomorrow. There's something about his eyes. It's like I just want to get to knows him and talk too him for seemingly forever.

Oh gosh, I'm getting weird again.