An Attack And A Surgery

Max

Daniel and I finished our assessments earlier than expected, and I felt really bad about not helping Ally, so I headed straight for the gallery. Dan tagged along, and we planned on a night in with Ally and some pizza. Daniel doesn't know about the baby, and Ally and I thought it perfect to tell him tonight, and asking him to be the godfather.

"Mate, you should really tell Ally to close the gallery's doors when she's alone in there." Daniel comments, giving me a worried look. My heart nearly stops. Ally would leave the door unlocked, but never open...

Suddenly we could hear a voice screaming from inside, with another voice laughing loudly.

"ALLY?!" Both Dan and I shout, running blindly to the stairs as fast as our legs could carry us. We literally jumped up the stairs, skipping three or four steps at a time, reaching the top in seconds.

The picture I saw chilled me to the core.

Mila was standing over Ally, a knife in her left hand. The knife had blood on it, and my eyes raced back to Ally. She was leaning against her desk with both her hands against her stomach, blood seeping through her fingers.

I had no time to react, I just ran. I ran towards Mila, tackling her to the ground, sending the knife flying.

"Daniel call an ambulance!" I scream as I pin Mila to the floor. She is still laughing like an absolute maniac.

"Don't you see, I did this for you... Now we can be together." Mila smiled with delusion clouding her eyes.

"I swear to god if you hurt my child, I will kill you." I exclaim through gritted teeth, only causing Mila to smile even wider.

"Max, an ambulance is on its way, the cops too." Dan shouts before turning his attention back to Ally.

"Ally-cat, Ally wake up. Come on, don't do this, stay with me." He tries to talk to her, placing his hand on her cheek. Her eyes are devoid of emotion, still staring down at the bleeding wound in her side.

"Ally hang in there sweetie, help is on the way." Daniel continues, placing his hand over both of hers, trying to stop her from bleeding out. She winces, but continues staring at the wound.

We hear the sirens, and within seconds two police officers and a medical team ascend from the stairs. The officers cuff Mila, and I rush over to Ally.

"Sir we need you to move back, we have to get her at the hospital stat." The medic gently pushes me back while the other two lay Ally down on a stretcher.

"PGH- we got a Code Red2, prep an OR. Arrival in 5minutes." The medic barks into his radio, signalling for the rest of the team to carry Ally to the ambulance.

"I'm going with. Dan, bring the Mercedes." I throw him the keys, and follow the medical team to the ambulance. The usher Ally inside, and I jump in right before the close the doors.

We speed away with the sirens blaring, en route to the Princess Grace Hospital.

"Ally, baby, can you hear me?" I ask, squeezing her hand in mine. Her eyes stay focused on the ceiling of the ambulance, tears streaming out of the corners of her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Ally, I'm so sorry." I whisper, feeling my voice break.

"Sir, we are almost at the hospital, I need you to sit aside so we can get her into the OR as quickly as we can. This is life of death." The medic explains, squeezing my shoulder. I nod, and sit back just as the ambulance comes to a stop. The doors fly open, and outside I can see a team of doctors waiting for her arrival. They lift her onto a gurney, and wheel her into the hospital.

It jump out, following the crowd into the operating wing, until someone stops me.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't go in there. You'll have to wait here until the operation is over." The nurse informs me, closing the doors behind her. The last thing I could see is Ally's bloodstained hand hanging off of the gurney.

My whole world started crashing in. This can't be happening. This was supposed to be our adventure, and now it seems like it's over before it really started.

"Max!" I hear a thick australian accent behind me. Daniel rushes up to me, out of breath from obvious running.

"What's going on?" He asks, eyes wide with concern.

I sink down in the nearest chair, resting my head in my hands.

"They said life or death. I could lose my girlfriend and our baby." I sigh, feeling my heart break when I say those words. Daniel's jaw drops, his eyes wide with fear.

"We wanted to tell you. Ally is expecting my child."

*********************

"Are you here for Allison Carling?" I hear a deep voice referring to me and Daniel. I jump up, causing Dan to wake up from his nap.

"I'm her boyfriend. How is she?" I ask, but the doctor looks around me.

"No family?" He asks, raising his eyebrow.

"No doctor, we are all she has." I say, growing impatient.

"Very well then. Surgery has been tough, at first we had to decide if we wanted to save the baby or the girl..." The doctor trails off, and I feel Daniel's hand on my shoulder.

"But, by some miracle we got to save both. Luckily, the baby was in breech-position, but the knife ruptured the placenta, so it was touch and go." The doctor smiled tiredly, and I sighed of relief.

"Recovery will be about a week of bed rest, but after that she should be as fit as a fiddle."

"Thank you doctor,thank you." I say. The doctor nods before turning and leaving me and Dan alone again.

"I can't remember the last time I prayed so hard." Dan remarks, giving me a bear hug.

"Oh my god, I'm going to be an uncle." He says, giving me his trademark wide grin.

I give an exhausted smile, sitting back down on the chair. Ally was safe, as well as the baby. To say I'm lucky is a true understatement of the word.