A Memory Lane And A Phone Call

Max

''I don't want to leave.'' Ally mumbles against my chest, her heart beating with mine as we cuddle in her bed.

''But Senna misses you, think of the child.'' I chuckle, and she just sighs. It's only been three days, but Ally has already fallen in love with Holland.

''I thought maybe we could go to Hasselt today, so you can see where I grew up?'' I ask her, and she gets really excited.

''Yeah sure, where is Hasselt?'' She asks, sitting up.

''Belgium.''

''Oh great, another traveling adventure, how dashing of you.'' She says in her best royal British accent, and we both end up laughing.

''When do you want to leave?'' She asks, her blue eyes gazing at me.

''Well if we get off our asses, we can go?'' I grin.

She gets up out of bed, walking over to the mirror on the dresser. She's wearing that old Red Bull shirt, knowing I love how it looks on her.

''Okay let's do it.'' She winks at me, and that's my que.

''Okay, I'll catch you in the lounge, I'm just going to tell my mom we won't be here for lunch.'' I say, heading out the door.

''Cash me ousside, howbow dah!'' She mocks, and we both laugh.

''You're weird.'' I say, smiling at her.

''And you love me.'' She answers, blowing me a kiss. I close the door, walking to my room.

I still have my gray sweatpants on, and I decide to change into beige shorts with a black t-shirt and black Vans sneakers. I walk to the kitchen, finding my mum baking cookies. I try to steal one, but she slaps my hand away.

''Owww.'' I pout, and she chuckles.

''Stay out of the jar, it's for Ally. She mentioned she liked shortbread.'' My mom says matter-of-factly, and I scoff.

''You're not the baking type, mom.'' I say, and she glares at me.

''But I could be...'' She trails off, aiming at me with the rolling pin. I back away, leaning against the kitchen island.

''Oh speaking of food, Ally and I are driving out to Hasselt for the day, we'll be back by tonight.'' I inform her before turning back to the lounge.

''That's fine, Maxie, drive safely okay?'' She doesn't look up from her baking.

''Yes mama, see you later.'' I say, before walking into the lounge where Victoria is playing GTA V on the Xbox. I sit down beside her, waiting for Ally.

''You going to visit old times again?'' Victoria asks without taking her eyes off the screen. I shrug audibly.

''Just don't walk into one of your many, many exes. Ally is a fragile girl, handling confrontation is not one of her strenghts.'' Victoria starts in her lecture-voice, and I cut her off.

''I won't put her in a situation like that, and come on Vic, I think I know my own girlfriend.'' I give Vic a smirk.

''Aww, you only think you know me?'' I hear Ally's voice behind me,and I turn my head to face her. She's wearing a black summer dress with white daisies printed on the material. She has her white converse on, and my old gray sweater folded in her arm.

''No, I know that I know you.'' I try to save it, but Victoria's sceptical look gives it away. Ally just smiles, pulling me to my feet.

''Well let's go, the day isn't getting any younger.'' She grins, and we head out to the car. She jumps in the passenger side, immediately grabbing the aux cable.