A Missing Person And A Huge Fight

Ally

The number you have dialed is not available at present. Please try again later.

"Okay, this is really weird, Max never switches his phone off," I say to Daniel who has a frown plastered on his face.

"Maybe the meeting with Christian was a bit much, and he needed to blow off some steam?" Daniel suggests, but I just shake my head. I know Max, he doesn't do things like this.

My phone buzzes, and to my disappointment, it's only Victoria.

Vic: is everything OK???

Ally: no.. Max is gone

Vic: no, he said he's going away for space

Vic: he called dad to let him know

Vic: why didn't he tell u??

Ally: idk, do you think it was the meeting with Christian?

Vic: actually... He said it was about you..

I switch off my phone screen, staring at Daniel's worried expression.

"I don't understand, Vic says he left because of me... Why would he do that now?" I ask just as the nurse comes into the room to check my drip.

"Ahh, I thought you got off shift?" Daniel asks the young nurse.

"No, she is 24/7, she doesn't really get off shift. Why do you ask?" I ask him, grinning at his confused look.

"Only because I heard footsteps outside the door, moving towards the living room and then out the front door," Daniel says with a confused expression.

My heart goes cold.

"Dan, when was that?" I ask, a nervous ring stuck in my voice.

"Uhhh, when we were talking about how it would be to be together," he says, not understanding why I'm asking.

"Daniel, that wasn't the nurse that got off her shift. It was Max that was leaving."

Daniel's face was pure shock.

"I need to find him, and calm him down before he breaks something," I say, wheezing as I slowly get up from my bed.

"Miss Ally, you can't go anywhere, you're on a IV drip..." The nurse gently reminds me. I look her straight in the eyes, and yank the plastic chord from my arm, continuing to the door.

"Woah, that would the most bad ass thing I've seen for a while," Daniel chuckles alongside me, helping me to the garage. I only grab my purse and my phone, slipping on my old Converse on my feet.

"I think I know where he might be, but I have to go alone, you need to stay here in case he comes back," I say to Daniel who nods in response. I get into my Range Rover, adjusting the seat so I can sit comfortably in my seat.

"I'm getting to pregnant for this I swear," I whisper out of breath already, small stings of pain building up in my leg.

"Are you sure you can do this on your own?" Daniel asks with a concern scowl. He is not comfortable with this at all.

"Yes, it's not that far from here... But it's the arguing I'm not looking forward to. If I'm not back in two hours, just call my cell to see if i'm still breathing. See you later Dan..."

I squeeze his hand, and pull out of the garage, wheels almost screaming on the tar. I could see Daniel in my side mirror, looking horribly sad about what was happening. He looked like how I feel.

It took me about ten minutes to drive to the beach, and another five years actually find the right spot. Partially because I'm pregnant, and also because last time I was here, Max had me blindfolded.

When I got to the top of the last dune, I saw him sitting in the sand, staring out across the open ocean, looking lonely and betrayed. I walk up next to him.

"Is this spot taken?" I ask softly, waiting for his reply. His eyes look up at me, and then back to the ocean.

"You're not supposed to be out of bed."

"And you're not supposed to storm off without telling me," I chide him, sitting down tightly against him. In a flash he gets up, and paces away from me.

"Why are you here? I thought you and Daniel were having a lovely night in!" He yells at me, causing me to flinch slightly.

"Don't yell at me," I say softly, looking up at his angered face.

"I will yell to who I want, when I want Allison!" He smirks, stepping closer to me.

"Why do you love me?" Max asks, kneeling right in front of me, a cold expression set in his face.

"You're scaring me..." I say, trying to move back a little.

"Answer my question. Why do you love me? Is it because of my money? My influence? Is it because of my lust for action and adventure?" He snarled, his warm breath fanning around my face.

"Max, you know why I love you. You were the only person that stood by me when my whole life fell apart. Nothing else matters but your feelings towards me," I say genuinely, trying to reach out and take his hand, but he snatches it away from mine.

"And how about Daniel. Why do you love him? Because it's obvious you're inlove with him too," Max smirks, still looking down at me.

"You don't know what you're saying, I only love you. Only you Max!" I shriek, trying my best to touch him, but he still won't let me.

"Then why were the two of you planning your lovely futures together?! Planning on leaving anytime soon? Say, before th Belgian Grand Prix?"

That takes my breath right out of my lungs.

I slap him.

I slap him across his face, causing him to actually stay silent, holding his hand against his cheek.

"How dare you?" I whisper, my heart breaking to pieces.

"How dare you accuse me of things before I get to tell you the truth? I love Daniel, but I will never love him the way I love you. We weren't planning on running away, we were talking about how it would have been if I hadn't known you. He knows about the wedding, he was happy for me. He doesn't want me, and I don't want him. I only want you, but now you're accusing me of all kinds of things," I say, my voice quivering with emotion.

"Ally, please I didn't..." He tries, but I cut him off.

"No. You handled this whole situation wrong, and you were unnecessarily brutal towards me. Is this how it's going to be every time you lose a race, Max? Because if it is, then I'm out." I finish, slowly getting up, limping away from him.

"Wait, Ally, where are you going?" He asks jogging up to me, grabbing my arm. I pull it away.

"Not to the apartment. Goodnight Max."

I turn around swiftly, trying to limp away faster.

I reach my car, and as soon as I'm safely inside, I dial Daniel's number.

"Jeez, I was so worried, where are you?!!" He practically screams through the phone.

"I'm fine, I'm down at the South Beach, but I don't feel well at all, my head is spinning, and my heart is beating like crazy. Could you please come get me?" I plead, starting to cry.

"Oh Ally hold on, I'll be there in five minutes!"

"Also, could you please ask the nurse to move all the medical thingies to your guest bedroom? I'm sleeping in your apartment tonight, until Max cools off," I say quietly, letting the warm tears stain my cheeks.