A Free Practice And An Announcement

Max

Daniel and I drive back to the hotel with somber faces. Actually, Dan was doing a good job keeping his mood relatively light. Mine on the other hand...

"Max, stop stressing. We have good times, we can only improve," Daniel tries to reassure me, but I only sigh.

"I know. The cars are good, not great, but good. We can still do this," I try to keep a hint of hope in my voice causing Dan to nod his head eagerly.

"That's the spirit. Talking of hope, what has Ally been up to?" Dan asks curiously, checking his texts.

"She's been in the hotel room, but she's off bed rest tomorrow. She'll join my mom and Victoria in the garage," I tell him, and his eyes light up.

"That's great, I miss the old girl. Tell her I better see her tomorrow or else!" He threatens mockingly with a huge grin. The car stops at the hotel and we both make our way to our separate rooms.

When I open my room's door, I see Ally still sleeping on the huge bed. Sunlight is falling on her face, illuminating her dark curls. I quietly take off my shoes and slide in with her, taking her in my arms. Her eyes flutter open, and her mouth curves into a perfect smile.

"Good morning my love, how was the practices?" She asks quietly, closing her eyes again.

"They were good. Could have been better, but Dan said I should be satisfied. We are P5 and P6 right now," I inform her, kissing the top of her head. She nods her head with her eye still shut tight.

"You smell of car. How about you go shower and I get dressed, then maybe we can grab something to eat?" She suggests with a grin.

"Ask if Dan wants to join us," She adds while I walk towards the bathroom. I turn on the shower and take of my team clothes.

"Daniel said he's visiting his parents today, but we could invite Vic," I say, stepping into the hot shower. I let the water cascade over my tense muscles, warming my body up. I see Ally through the glass door, getting up and taking off her shirt, revealing the crimson scar on her belly.

I shudder when I think about what happened to her, how I almost lost her.

She comes into the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror to do her hair. I finish up, and step out or the shower.

"Vic said she'll be here in half an hour, where do you want to go?" Ally asks me, her eyes meeting mine in the mirror.

"There's a really nice place down the street, they serve amazing carpaccio," I say nonchalantly, but Ally cuts me off.

"It's almost race day, shouldn't you stick to your diet?" She asks, trying to hide a grin. I walk up beside her, taking my toothbrush.

"Don't tell Christian," I wink, causing her to giggle loudly.

We both head to the closet, Ally dressing in loose shorts and a gray knit sweater and I opt for jeans with a gray Red Bull team shirt. Just as Ally finishes with her make-up, we hear an impatient knock at the door.

"Victoria has arrived," Ally mocks, jogging today the door. I grab the car keys and join the girls in the hallway.

"Are you two doing the obnoxious matching couple thing?" My sister asks, raising her eyebrow at us. Ally and I stare at each other before bursting out in laughter.

"We didn't even notice, we both just really like gray," Ally blushes while my sister rolls her eyes. I slip my hand in Ally's and the three of us walk quietly to the rental car. A few fans are outside the hotel, and try to snap pictures of us when the realize who we are.

The drive to the restaurant was short, and luckily for us it wasn't a busy day. We took a table in the garden area, looking out over a pond.

"I'll have the pizza, but hold the pineapple please," Victoria smiles sweetly at our waiter.

"Can I please have the carpaccio, and a caesar salad," I order while looking up at Ally. She's looking through the menu, deep in thought.

"Can I please have some Alfredo, and can you maybe bring me some strawberry jam..." She trails off, and the waiter agrees kindly.

"I swear I'm not crazy, it's just pregnancy cravings," Ally tries to defend herself when she sees the look on Vic's face.

"Sure, blame it on the baby..." I mock, and she takes a jab at me with her fork. We hear a big commotion, and when we look around, the rest of the drivers walk into the restaurant. Carlos spots us and they all flock outside, filling the tables.

"Getting ready for the qualifying tomorrow?" Carlos laughs as our food gets set down on our table. He glances at Ally's dish, and gives me a confused look.

"Is that what I think it means?" He asks incredulously. I nod slowly.

"Verstappen, you lucky bastard. Congratulations!" Carlos exclaims, pulling me into a hug. The rest of the drivers notice the exchange and fall silent.

"If you guys haven't heard the rumours yet, Ally and I... We're expecting." I say to my fellow drivers, and a moment of silence ensues.

Followed by a major cheer. Everyone is congratulating us, giving hugs and shaking hands. Ally was caught in a permanent blush.

"Faster in bed then on the track, no?" Sebastian smirks as he shakes my hand.

"No need to be rude Sebastian," I say with a warning tone. He pulls up his shoulders, and rests a hand on Ally's shoulder.

"I'm glad. For the both of you, you'll be great parents," He says simply, before turning around and walking away.

When I look back down at Ally, she's still blushing, her hand resting on her stomach.

"Well that wasn't the least bit awkward, now was it?!" She whispers at me, stirring the jam into her pasta furiously.

"I'm sorry, I thought now was a good time," I say apologetically and Ally just sighs.

"It is, but it doesn't make it less awkward. This is still new, it's only week six now," She rambles before taking a bite of her food.

"Since it's official now, can I post it on instagram?" Victoria asks cautiously but Ally's death stare silences her.

"Let's atleast wait two more weeks guys. I don't want the media mess right now," Ally says simply, marking the end of the conversation.

"I'm going to be an aunt," Victoria says smugly before biting into her pizza.

*******************
A.N: Sorry I won't be updating so much in the next few weeks, as I am moving to Nederland from South Africa, that's roughly 13 000 km! Thank you for the reads and votes, can't write a story without the readers :) have a great week x