Coffee Dates And Bagel Plates

Ally

Max: Goodmorning sunshine

Max: rise and shiiiine

Ally: wth Max, it's like 5:30, it's the asscrack of dawn, go to bed

Max: I'll have you know, i train this time every morning

Ally: that explains why you run into people

Max: ouch, you ran into me

Ally: unless you want me to look like an alien later on, I'm goings to sleep now

Max: an alien with crazy curly hair, could be fun

Max: wait Ally, come back!!

Max: sooo is Ally short for Alien

Max: I'm kidding, I'll see you and Senna later :)

When I wake up later, I read the last messages from Max. What is with this goofy guy, I literally cannot deal with the corny-ness.

I get out of my fluffy queen size bed, and walk over to my wardrobe. Across from my wardrobe hangs a portrait painting of my dad which I painted when I was 16. He was sitting at the table with tea and his daily newspaper, and he looked content and happy. I wanted to remember him that way, and I stopped painting after he passed.

I once heard artists can't paint if they're depressed, and I experiences that first hand with my paintings. So I hung up the apron, and I started to jog. Exercise works for a broken heart.

I open my wardrobe and scan the contents. What do you wear to a coffee date? Something that says "you almost killed my dog, but he likes bagels so it's fine".  I decided on a light blue skinny jean, with a gray knit sweater and my gray yeezy's. My curly hair is a mess, but with a half up top knot, it looks presentable.

It's 8:40 am, and I need to get going. Being late is the only gene I got from my mum. I grab Senna's leash, and attach it to his collar.

"Mum, I'm going out for a walk, be back in a bit!" I yell to my mum in her study.

I slip out the door and walk briskly toward the Starbucks, which is luckily situated three blocks from my house. Senna is excited and sniffs everything in his path. As we near the coffeeshop, I see Max in the corner by the big window. On the table I see two coffees and a huge plate of bagels.

"I'm sorry Football guy, am I late?" I say whilst I tie Senna's leash to my chair. He already smells the bagels.

"Oh no, being 7 minutes early is being on time," he says with a smile.

"I got you a pumpkin spice latté, but I can get you something else if you want." Max bends down and gives a bagel to Senna.

"Thanks, this is fine, I like pumpkin spice, it tastes of Halloween." I say, sipping my coffee.

"You are the most British person I know, seriously!" He laughs and shakes his head

"How come your pup it named Senna? Is it like the Ayrton Senna?" Max asks, intrigued.

"Oh yeah," I nodded. "My dad was a big racing fan, and he gave me the pup and called him Senna. The best driver to ever race, my dad used to say."

"Wow, your dad is a man of taste, Senna is my role model. Yes you are boy, yeah you are!" he scratches Senna behind the ears and gives him another bagel.  Max looks at me and smiles. But it's a mischievous smile, a cute smile.

"What is it, why are you smiling?" I ask Max nervously.

"I got you and Senna something. Here you go," he says and hands me a small, flat box. I open it, and see a dog collar and leash. It was decorated with a chequered flag pattern, and had "Senna" and "Verstappen33" on it.

"Whaaaat, Verstappen you sly fox, this is so cute, thank you!" I stood up and gave him an awkward hug. I had a goofy smile plastered to my face, and he looked pleased with himself.

"I thought you might like it, you're welcome. It's just so you can remember me when you go jog in the park. It's so beautiful there, I can't believe I have to leave already." he says with a sad smile.

"Wait what, where are you going?" I ask confused.

"I live in Monaco, but I'm from Holland, but because of the racing, I'm always touring. So I leave for Holland tomorrow to visit my family before the racing season starts." He says very as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Riiiight. Hmm, well when ever you find yourself in London, feel free to run into me again. I know Senna won't mind the extra bagels." I say and smile at him.

"I'm still in town tonight, want to do something? Like a movie or a club? I know a friend who has a private concert at Main Frame's penthouse club. Want to come with me?" Max sounds hopeful.

"Do I look like the club type, Verstappen?" I ask, laughing nervously.

"I'll come with you, but you have to promise to stick with me, because who knows what kind of weirdos are prowling in a club," I say, and wink at him.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 9pm? Just send me your adress, okay Miss Ally?" He takes Senna's leash and we walk outside the shop. We stop in front of his car, and he hands me the leash. After a quick hug, I start toward the house, and Max drives away.

Now I have to get an club outfit before tonight, and I have no idea where to begin. Main Frame is where the cream of the crop party, and don't get me wrong, I'm just not a people's person. But Max promised he'd keep me company, so how bad could it be.

Right?