A Practice And A Temptation

Max

"I'm so tired, I don't want another photo, Victoria!" I groan as my sister points her phone at me and my mother. My head is resting on her lap, and I'm checking my instagram feed for any pictures of Ally.

"Your fans will love this one!" She smirks as she snaps the picture.

"Let me see, I think my eyes were closed." My mom comments, causing me to chuckle. The picture turned out pretty cool, and I let Victoria post it. My phone buzzes, and I see a text from Ally.

Ally: How was practice

Ally: Ur mom looks nice, tell her I say hi.

I quickly reply her.

Max: hi baby, practice was good

Max: mom says u should be here. :)

Ally: I wish, but the muse got to me, this painting is going to be something great.

Max: can I see it????

Max: pretty please??

Ally: nooo that's bad juju

Max: ur no fun ;)

Ally: that's not what you said the other night... ;)

Max: neither one of us know what we said the other night lol

Ally: you're crazy Dutchman

Max: crazy about you xxx

Max: I'm off to the hotel

Max: talk soon babe x

Ally: i looove you

Victoria and I head back to the hotel, and she vlogs almost the entire ride to the hotel. Once or twice I end up in the shot, and I just laugh while Victoria does her thing.

"Max, you should lighten up a little." My sister says as she puts away her phone. I sigh, resting my head against the seat, the exhaustion taking over.

"I just miss Ally. I swear next time I'm bringing her too." I mutter.

"You should, it's no fun being the only girl here." Victoria laughs, and I roll my eyes.

"You know you love it, sis. All these guys checking you out." I mock her, and she's punches my arm.

"Yeah and most of them are old or married. And I'll have you know I'm in a happy  relationship." She grins, leaving me with a smile.

When we stop at the hotel, we both head right up to our rooms, even though we usually just hang out in one of them. As we walk through the lobby, I see a familiar face. Mila is at the desk, probably getting a room key. She spots us, and comes over to greet us.

"Hi Max, what a surprise! I'm here for the practices, but I didn't know you stayed here." She smiled sweetly at me, dismissing the fact that Victoria was also standing there.

"It's good to see you, Mila. This is my sister, Victoria. Victoria, this is Mila Forque. She and Ally are quite close." I say looking at Vic. She gives a tight smile, signalling me that this is getting awkward. Mila caught on, and continued speaking.

"I was just going to put my things in my room, and go to the pool. Would you guys like to join me? The weather is amazing today." She smiles at both of us this time. Victoria turns to me, and I quickly nod my head.

"Yeah sure we'd love to. See you there in 20 minutes?" I ask politely, and she agrees. With a smile we part, heading to our separate rooms. Just as we're out of earshot, Victoria turns to me.

"What was that all about?" She asked in a hushed whisper. I shrug and continue to the elevator.

"She's really closed to Ally, I don't want to be mean. Plus she's into racing." I smirk, and my sister rolls her eyes.

"She's really nice Vic, give her a chance please?" I ask, as the elevator doors close behind us. We move up to our floor, and Victoria stays silent. Just as the doors slide open, she looks up at me.

"Fine, I'll tolerate her, for Ally's sake. Besides, the pool will look great in my vlog." She smiles, and we walk to our rooms.

We both dress in swimwear and meet each other back in the hall. The pool is on the roof with the club and bar, so we take the elevator up two more storeys. When the doors open, we are greeted by sun, blue water and lots of people. Vic spots Mila on a lounger by the poolside, and we head over to join her. Vic and I sit on the loungers either side of Mila, and stare at the view or the pool, and the city beyond it.

"I'm getting myself something to drink, you guys want anything?" Vic suddenly says, getting up.

"Please bring me a water? And remember you're under aged!" I mock and she walks away with a simple "Yes Sir". Just as she's gone, Mila gets up and takes off her sundress, revealing the smallest bikini I have ever seen. It barely covers her, and I look away.

"What, you think this is too much?" She asks in a playful tone.

"It's way too little. Is there someone you're trying to impress?" I ask, oblivious to her alterior motive. She shifts in the lounger, turning on her side and facing me.

"Why, yes. Is it working?" She smirks with a sly smile. My eyes widen as I realize what this is about.

"Mila, look I don't know what you are trying to do, but you're Ally's friend. And she's my girlfriend, and I don't want anyone else." I say without looking at her once. She snickers, getting up from her chair, leaning over me. She puts her hand on my cheek, smiling down at me.

"Oh Max, that's what you think now. But your eyes will open, and then you'll realize what you're missing." She whispers seductively. She then straightens up, and walks away with her hips swinging.

I exhale loudly, feeling a blush creeping onto my skin.

"What was that about?" Victoria asks, putting our drinks on the table between the loungers. I contemplate for a second before answering her.

"Oh, Mila said she felt tired after the traveling so she's going to rest." I say nonchalantly, and Vic nods her head.

"That one gives me a bad vibe." She remarks as she lays back on the lounger. I shrug.

"Tell me about it."