A Season Start And A Bunch Of Kisses

Max

Today was hard. Not necessarily for me, but for the team and Daniel. Problems with his new gearbox forced him to retire early, not finishing his home race.

He looked so disappointed and beaten down, but luckily Ally was in the garage to talk to him. The two of them have an understanding, and if anyone can calm him down, it's her. When my dad and I return to the team rooms, I see Ally and Daniel sitting outside with a pizza between them. I slide into a chair across from them and Ally flashes me a brilliant smile.

"The food wasn't that good so we ordered a pizza," She explains with a guilty expression on her face, causing me to shake my head. I grab a slice, looking over at Dan.

He's not saying much, just staring down at his phone, occasionally typing a message.

"I'm heading to my merch stand. I'll probably see you guys in Monaco. Have a safe flight," he mumbles while getting up from the table, stalking into the direction of the grandstands.

"Does he hate me?" I ask, finishing my slice of pizza.

"He hates his luck, that's all..." Ally sighs, looking in the direction Dan went. "We should probably go back to the hotel and pack. Are your interviews done?" She asks with a sweet voice, causing me to smile.

"We are all packed, bags already at the airport. It thought you'd maybe like to go home as soon as we can..." I smile as she leans into to kiss me.

"Well what are we waiting for, I miss my babies!" She exclaims, jumping up from the table. We head into the team room to say goodbye to my dad and Victoria, and change out of my race gear. When we get into the car, it's the first time I can truly relax.

"Is every weekend so tense?" Ally asks quietly, her thumb trailing my jawline while I focus on the road to the airport.

"Most weekends yeah, why?" I ask raising my eyebrow. She retracts her hand, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"It's like there is this invisible line that no one is allowed to cross. Everyone is so tense and hyped, it's just weird I guess," She shrugs it off, making me smile.

"You didn't like it?"

"I did like it, a lot. But all these emotions are just too much. Next time I'm going to sit in a corner and read a book, staying out of everyone's way," She jokes, and I shake my head, smiling.

"It calmed me to know that you're there. I wanted to show you this part of my life, show you what I can do... And I wanted you to be proud of me," I try to explain my feelings without loosing focus from the road.

"I'm extremely proud- no wait. Extremely doesn't cut it. But I am really proud of you, because you're doing what you love and you do it well. That's all I can ask, isn't it?" She grins, resting her hand on my thigh. I smile at her, wondering how I got so lucky to have her.

The rest of the way to the airport is a comfortable silence, with Ally listening to Lorde's new album. She loves Lorde because of the singer's wild curly hair, even though I've tried to tell her that her curls looks much better.

When we got to the airport, we walked hand in hand directly to the jet's hangar, avoiding as much paparazzi as possible. My hand automatically shielded Ally's tummy, but she swatted my hand away when the photographers started taking photos. The reporters started throwing questions at us, asking about the baby news and the race weekend.

We didn't comment, and our flight attendant quickly ushered us inside the jet.

"Those people are barking mad," Ally scoffs, a scowl prominent on her face. I chuckle at her, making her slap my arm.

"What's so funny, dutchie?"

"You are!" I exclaim before I attack her face with tons of kisses. I kiss her all over, causing her to giggle and try to wrestle me off of her.

"Stoppp, you're killing meeee!" She squeals, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Not until you tell me you love me..." I tease, continuing two kiss her face.

"Never!"

"Then I guess I'll just have to kiss you until the end of time," I sigh, planting a kiss on her nose.

"Okay okay okay, I love you! I love you soo much, words can't describe it!" She yells, a defeated smile creeping on her face.

"That's better." I wink at her, leaning down to kiss her soft lips. Her lips move with mine, pulling me deeper onto the kiss. My hands cup her face, and I feel her smile against my lips. She softly bites my lower lip, resting her forehead against mine, slightly out of breath.

"After all this time, you still leave me breathless..." She smiles shyly, making my heart beat even faster.

"Excuse me sir, we are ready for take off. Please fasten your seat belts," the flight attendant informs us. We both nod, and she disappears back to the direction of the cockpit.

It notice Ally's trembling hands, and her slightly white pallor, and I grin to myself.

"Are you still scared of take off?" I'm mock as I snap my seat belt into place. She gives me a death stare, snapping hers in place as well.

"It's just the take off and landing. The rest isn't a problem," She mumbles, shutting her eyes tightly. My hand finds hers, and she immediately grips my hand tightly. I chuckle softly, tucking a stray curl behind her ear.

"Just think of home. We'll be there in no time," I reassure her, making her smile.

Home is the one thought keeping us both calm.