A Portrait And A Big Question

Max

Ally opens the smaller door next to her wardrobe. I let out a huge gasp.

''WHAT?! How cool is this?!'' I ask, rushing through the door to look at everything inside. It's like a secret library, BUT, also an art gallery. The one wall is lined with books, with pillows scattered on the ground next to it. The other side of the room has a table, fitted with tray upon tray of paints and brushes. I spot the a sketch of Senna, and I grin at Ally.

''You sketched that?'' I ask, and I see her blushing.

''Yes, Senna just likes the attention.'' She giggles.

I walk over to the pillows, and plop down on them, staring up to the ceiling. Ally sat down next to me, and I take her hand in mine . all of a sudden, a crazy idea pops into my head, and I just smile at Ally.

''What's going on in that head of yours, Dutchman?'' Ally asked with her eyebrows raised.

''Sketch me.'' I say, and her eyes widen.

''But, I haven't sketched in like forever...'' She trails off.

''Well then this is a good time to start again,'' I say, pulling her up and walking towards her art table. I sit down on a chair, giving her 'the puppy dog eyes''.

Ally has a cute smile plastered on her face.

''Fine, but just this one time. Let's draw that ugly face of yours.'' She says, leaning over to kiss me on my cheek. She grabs her sketchbook and pencil, and starts drawing with a grin on her face. Quick lines were left all over the page, and within minutes she was done. She turns the page to me, but the only thing I see is a monkey.

''Wow, that resemblance though.'' I say, bursting out in laughter. She laughs too, shaking her head.

''Alright, take two. This time we'll be serious about it.'' She says, turning to a new page.

She docks her iPod, and I hear the soothing songs from the new Lumineers album. She cups my chin, turning my head to the side.

''That's your good side. Now sit still and smile.'' She says, giving me a dazzling smile.

''Oh please, we all know you're my good side.'' I comment, causing her to blush.

She picks up her pencil, moving it carefully across the blank page. Every few seconds, she'll look up to me, capturing every detail on the white page. She traces her pencil along my jawline, trying to get the angle just right, according to her. She trails my nose bridge, and even the crooks of my smile. Every thing she does, she does delicately, working ever so carefully with her art.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her doing an absent minded smile, beautiful as ever. Her lips are pursed just a slightest bit when she concentrates, with her hair framing her sweet face. Minutes go by like this, Ally intently looking up at me, and me stealing looks at her every time I can.

''Finishing touches...'' Ally anounces, breaking the silence. With a few more pencil strokes, she put down the sketchbook and pencil, and moves over to me. She sits down on my lap, throwing her arms around my neck. She rests her head in the crook of my neck, clearly tired.

''Oh man, I still have to tell my mom that you'll be staying tonight!'' Ally sighs, shaking her head.

''Oh no, she already knows.'' I comment, and Ally jumps up, narrowing her eyes at me.

''What do you mean, Verstappen.'' She asks confused.

''Oh, I phoned her, asking if I could stay the night. She said yes before I finished the question.'' I laugh , and Ally giggles.