A New Friend And A Awkward Meeting

Max

Daniel and I walk up to the apartment door, just as Ally opens it up. She jumps into my arms, locking her legs around my waist. She kisses me with force, and I can feel my pulse quicken.

"Hi baby..." I whisper to her in between kisses.

"Hiii, I missed you." She giggles as I put her back on the ground. We walk back to the apartment hand in hand.

"That makes two of us." I grin at her, while picking up my youngest puppy.

"Hello Picasso boy. Missed me?" I ask the small puppy wriggling in my arms.

"Oh guys, by the way, we're having a get together tonight." Ally informs us, and Daniel looks up at me, grinning.

"Ally, you can't call the three of us a get together, we are more like an old ago home." He laughs, and Ally mocks his laugh, pulling a funny face.

"No you idiot. I'm inviting a friend of mine over, she's dying to meet you guys. She insisted that you also be here, Dan." Ally laughs, and Dan looks intrigued.

"Is she cute?" He asks her just as the doorbell rings.

"Well let's find out, shall we." Ally winks as she heads for the front door. When she opens it, we see a pretty dark haired girl with definite French features. Ally greets her, and she stares starry-eyed at Dan and I.

"Max, Daniel, this is Mila Forque." Ally introduces us, and the taller girl wastes no time in embracing Daniel.

"It's so nice meeting you." She says as she pulls away, heading my way with another hug.

"Max, you are like my idol. I think your lap and sector times at the Spanish Grand Prix was phenomenal." The French girl quips, and I see an impressed smile forming on Dan's face.

"Hey I'm ordering pizza, any suggestions?" Ally asks us, and before any one could answer, Mila replied.

"Anything you choose Ally." She doesn't take her eyes off me. "Tell me about the new technical changes on the RB13. What's the projection for the new lap times?" She rambles, clearly excited.

"I have all the technical stuff on my laptop, if you want to see?" I offer with a smile, and she nods her head like crazy.

Dan and I sit down on the sofa, and Mila squeezes in between us. I take the laptop out, starting the whole speech about the new and improved Red Bull car. Mila's eyes twinkled with interest. When I made a joke about the new Mercedes car, she laughed, resting her hand on my arm. I looked up to Dan, only to notice he was not sitting with us anymore. He and Ally were sitting on the other couch with the dogs.

"You think you'll be the next champion?" Mila asks me, bringing me back to focus on her. She leans closer to me, as if to take in my presence.

"If I keep pushing, anything is possible." I smile tightly. The doorbell rings, and I jump up towards it. I pay the delivery guy, and open the two boxes on the kitchen counter. Ally already took out plates, and I put two slices on two plates for Ally and I.

"Here you go babe." I hand her the plate, sitting down next to her. She and Daniel are half way through another episode of American Horror Story. Daniel brought a plate back for Mila, and sat down with her on the other couch. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Dan flirting with her, but she kept turning him down.

Her eyes settled on me.

I glance over at Ally, who is oblivious to the weird atmosphere in the lounge. The four of us sit like that for two more episodes before Daniel gives up.

"This is me going off to bed. See you two in the morning, and it was nice meeting you Mila." He flashes her a smile before heading down the hall.

Ally gets up from the couch, and starts clearing away the left over pizza and plates. When she was out of earshot, Mila started talking.

"This was so much fun. Thanks for the info on the RB13. We should hang out again." She smiles at me, before walking over to Ally.

"I should also go Ally. Thanks for having me, and don't forget our date tomorrow." She says while embracing Ally, and heading for the door. Ally walks with her, and waves her off. When she returns, she falls into my arms on the couch.

"Do you like her?" Ally asks, closing her tired eyes.

"Yeah, she's okay, but thought she is into Dan?" I ask, and Ally opens one eye to stare up at me.

"She is, didn't you see the way the were talking on the couch?"

"Did you miss the way she was staring at us the whole time?" I scoff, and Ally dismisses the thought.

"You're her idol, excuse her for staring." She laughs, and I see her gorgeous smile I love so much. I lean down, kissing her softly on her forehead. She sighs contently, staring up at me.

"I have no friends. Please let me have this one, even if she is a fan." Ally pleads softly, and my heart turns soft.

"Ofcourse you two can be friends. It's nice having a girl around who knows the difference between Toro Rosso and Red Bull." I snicker and Ally hits me right on my shoulder.

"I'm learning, don't be mean! You don't know who Mondriaan was, I'm no judging you." She comments, faking a hurt look.

"Seriously Ally, Mondriaan was a famous dutch artist. I'm from the Netherlands." I say laughing loudly, and Ally looks miffed.

"Fine, Mr I-Know-Everything! I'm going to bed, are you and your vast knowledge of everything joining me?" She asks sarcastically before swiftly getting off the couch. She doesn't wait for an answer, stomping down the hall. I run up behind her, scooping her up in my arms and carrying her to our room. She protests profusely, and I throw her down on our bed.

"I will have you know, I'm not a potato sack that you can carry around at your leisure..." She starts angrily, but I stop her mid sentence by kissing her deeply. She kisses me back with force, biting my lower lip ever so softly. I roll over so Ally is laying of top of me, her small body framing mine. My hands travel down her sides, resting on her hips while she kisses my neck and my jawline. I close my eyes, getting lost in the moment. That is until I hear a bark from the side of the bed.

Both Ally and I look over to where our dogs are sitting, looking at us intently.

"Not in front of the kids, Max." Ally mocks as she rolled off next to me. The dogs took the bait, Senna jumping right on the bed, leaving small Picasso behind. Ally picks Picasso up, completing the whole family.

I turn my head to Ally, only to see her already staring at me.

"I love you, Ally." I kiss her nose.

"I love you, Dutchman."