A Sickness And A Name

Ally

As soon as my eyes are open, I need to run to the bathroom. Within two seconds I'm crouching over the toilet, being horribly sick.

I told Max not to let me get drunk, I think to myself when I flush the toilet. My stomach feels all quivery when I try to get up too fast, and my head is a pounding mess. I slowly brush my teeth, trying my best not to move fast. When I'm done, I climb back into bed, only to discover Max is already up.

"Assessment at the gym today. I'll bring back breakfast. <3 you" is scribbled on a post-it note which he stuck on his pillow. I lay back, still feeling terrible.

Yesterday turned out to be quite fun. We all had a really good time, and at one stage we even played drinking games. Needless to say, the party went into the nightly hours, and everyone had a blast.

I hear a soft knock at our door, followed by Vic's head popping around it.

"Can I come in?" She asks with a groggy voice. I lift the bedsheets, inviting her in. She snuggles up against me, exhaling loudly.

"I feel horrible." She says, and I chuckle, feeling my head ache.

"I know exactly what you mean." I answer her. We lay in silence, Victoria falling back to sleep, and I'm left to pet my Senna. He's gotten so big since Max and I first met a year ago in London, but he'll always be my baby.

I smile as I look down at the dog and RB13 on the bracelet Max gave me. I never take it off, and when he's away it keeps him close to me in a way. I smile when I think about my new Range Rover he got me. It was an amazing gift, so of course I repaid him last night... With a condom this time!

My stomach starts churning, and I run to the bathroom again, just in time for the new wave of sickness. When I emptied my stomach, I felt a lot better. I brushed my teeth, and threw on an old knit sweater, and headed to the lounge to watch some TV.

When the TV switched on I saw our faces on the screen, and I do a double take. It's the local newscast, doing a story on my birthday party of yesterday.

"Inside information tells us Verstappen bought his newest flame a Range Rover for her birthday." Again I start to smile.

"But a close friend of the couple speculates Verstappen will go back to his old tricks, trading her for a new girl at the next pit stop. This is Jacques Claude for Channel 6 News." My smile fades away after I hear the last part. A close friend? Maybe Daniel or Martin? They know how Max was with girls, they'd know how he feels about me.

Suddenly I feel his hand on my shoulder.

"You can't seriously believe them, Ally?" Max asks with a worried look in his eyes. I don't want to hurt him... So I bite my tongue and tell him what he wants to hear.

"Of course not my love. Their just looking for a story, and we happen to be it. I know you love me." I say, kissing the hand still on my shoulder. The worry in his eyes fade, and he sits down next to me.

"Where's Vic?" He asks quietly as I switch channels to something less upsetting.

"She's still sleeping, but in our bed." I say, and I see Max is confused.

"I got sick, and she came in to check up on me, and ended up falling asleep again." I smile.

"Are you okay?! Should we take you to the doctor?" He asks, looking nervous, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm fine, my love. Just a bit hung over." I smile, and he relaxes. I rest my head on his shoulder, breathing in his spicy cologne. We sit like that for a few minutes, watching an old black and white movie on mute.

"I'm taking the darlings for a walk, and I'm going to stay at the gallery for a little while, Marselle said their installing the name board today, and I just want to make sure it's right." I inform him, and he stares at me intently.

"Why are you staring..." I ask him, feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Have I told you how absolutely perfect you are?" He asks, still not taking his eyes off me.
"Not this morning, no." I smile, and he chuckles. He leans over, locking his lips on mine. I slide my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, still kissing his perfect lips. His hands slide down my back, and I'll can feel his heart beat with mine. I softly bite has lower lip,  knowing that it drives him crazy.

"I could do this all day..." He whispers into my neck, and I giggle, feeling his hot breath on my skin.

"But I seriously do not want to see it all day." Victoria comments from the hall, causing Max and I to separate, smiling like to school kids who got caught.

"I'm just going to change, then I'm off to the gallery!" I say, jumping up from the couch and heading straight for our room. Once inside, I slip on a pair of skinny jeans with a black tank and one of Max's old sweaters. I fix my hair into a high ponytail, and grab the dogs' leashes. Both of them are eager to go, dragging me all the way to the front door.

I have just enough time to kiss Max goodbye and grab my car keys before the dogs start barking.

"Stop being so impatient! You're being just like Max." I say to them, and I can hear Max scoff.

We walk down to the beach front, only a few people recognizing who I am because it's quite early on a Saturday for people to be outside. I had crazy perfect timing, because when we got to the gallery, Marselle also stopped there with her men.

"Good to see you Ally. This will only take 30 minutes or so, it's only screws add nails." Marselle smiles, and I nod, letting the dogs stay inside the gallery. The men carry out the letters from the van, along with a ladder. They set up, and start applying the letters to the front of my gallery, and within 30 minutes, they have finished.

"What do you think?" Marselle asks, and I look up at it, smiling.

"It's perfect." I say feeling a tear rolling down my cheek.