A Date And The Godparents

Max

"What do you mean wedding?" My sister sneers, a confused look spreading on her face.

Ally and I just look at each other with small smiles. Victoria sees this, causing her to sit up straight on my sofa.

"Guys, I hate to break it to you but this is July first, not April 1st..." She mumbles seriously.

"We are serious Victoria. The date is set for 1st of October , after the Malaysian GP... And more importantly, after the twins are born... " Ally says with a serious tone, trying to sound as calm as possible.

In the next few seconds my sister's expression turns from shocked to happy to mortified.

"OH MY GOD! That leaves us with three months to plan a wedding?!" She exclaims, eyes wide with excitement and challenge.

"Why do you think we are telling you ahead of the others? I'm not good at planning and your brother will be to busy to worry over colorschemes and cutlery," Ally points out and both girls giggle.

"Hey I know my way around color thank you very much," I scoff loudly.

"Max please, you spent an hour the other day trying to convince me that red and maroon is the same color," Ally jokes, wrapping her slender arms around my torso. I chuckle softly, embracing my beautiful fiancé.

"Okay but in all seriousness, gefeliciteerd!" Victoria exclaims, smiling broadly at the both of us. Ally sits up, squinting at me and my sister.

"What did that mean? Don't think just because I'm marrying you, you can start speaking Dutch whenever you want!" Ally sighs with a frustrated frown.

"Firstly, it just means congratulations. Second of all, it's time you learn some dutch atleast. But I can't teach you because I'll laugh my ass off, but my sister here will be more than willing," I suggest to Victoria's obvious horror.

"And you think I'm not going to laugh? No offence Ally, I love you, but dutch is hard."

Victoria and I laugh out loud, causing Ally to plainly roll her eyes.

"Alright dutchies, two can play this game. I'm calling Daniel up here now so I have another English and rational person with me," Ally exclaims, jumping up from the couch to grab her phone to dial Dan. When she stands up, I admire her growing baby bump. For seven months pregnant, her bump isn't that big, considering she's having twins.

She quickly punches in Daniel's number, and sure enough, he answers before the second ring.

"Hey Allycat, what's up?"

"Daniel I need English reinforcement! The Dutch are turning on me," Ally exclaims over dramatically, causing us all to chuckle softly.

"I'm Australian, but it's almost the same. I'll be there in 5 mins, with my beer."

He hangs up, and Ally disappears through the front door to meet him in the elevator. When the door slams shut, Victoria throws me a cautious glance.

"Are you sure about this?" She questions, her azure eyes avoiding mine. I know where this is going...

"Ally and I are different than mom and dad, I won't make the same mistakes he did," I grit my teeth while saying the last part. My dad's anger issues are well-known.

So well-known that he almost got kicked out of F1.

"That's not what I'm worried about, you didn't get those genes..." She gently implies, keeping her eyes on the floor. It took me a few seconds to realise what she is trying to say.

"You think I'll get tired of her like dad with mom and Kelly? You think I'll also be a womanizer?" I ask directly, causing her to shift in her seat.

"That's not what I said..."

"But that's what you meant, right?" I ask, hearing her sighing deeply.

"I'm sorry, that was wrong to say. It's just... it's not just Ally in the picture, it's the other lives that will be affected when you decide to leave," Victoria mutters with sadness in her voice.

"Is this about your feelings or my kids...?" I ask softly, watching her expression struggle to stay neutral.

"Oh please, Mr Therapist," She giggles. "I've gotten over my issues, but I don't want more kids having the same pain as us.

"And by us, you mean Blue Jaye as well?" My eyes rests on hers.

A thundering silence fills the room. Glinting tears forming in Victoria's eyes.

"She's hurting so bad, she doesn't understand why dad isn't at home anymore. She's only three and no child should have to deal with all this," She states matter of factly, quickly wiping the tears away with the back of her hand.

"I will never do that to me children. Besides, I don't want any other girl than Ally. Never ever."

"I will break your arms if you ever do," Victoria threatens with a small smile.

Just then, the door bursts open with a laughing Daniel and Ally. It suddenly dries up when they see our serious faces.

"Who died?" Daniel jokes while juggling three bottles of beer in his one hand.

"My career," I joke, causing Daniel to laugh insanely loud. We all grin, because let's face it, when Dan grins, we all do.

The dogs storm his legs, jumping up and wagging their tails.

"Uncle Daniel is back AND I've brought treats!" Daniel teases the dogs, taking out two large bones for them. The greedily grab it, running to the balcony with it.

"Looks like they still love me more than you guys," Daniel snickers.

"Oh shut it you aussie. Sit down, we have news!" Ally exclaims excitedly.

"I'm all ears."

He sits down across from me, and we all look up at Ally expectantly.

"Okay since Max isn't saying anything... We have a wedding date. We are getting married the 1st of October," She says excitedly.

"Aww finally! I was thinking you'll never tie the knot!" he jokes.

"Yes yes, but that's not the actual news. Max, come here and help me announce..." Ally pleads.

"Wait, are we announcing the thing?" I ask quietly.

"The thing we discussed yesterday?"

"Yes."

She nods her head. "Yes we are announcing that thing."

"Oh my god just announce the thing already!" Victoria exclaims, sighing impatiently.

"Hey, good things come to those who wait!" I try to sound strict.

"Anyway, so Max and I have been thinking. Since we are soon to be parents to two wonderful babies, we need to get formalities out of the way..."

"You know, formalities such as who the godparents will be..." I add nonchalantly.

Vic and Dan both gasp, understanding what this was about.

"So surprise, and congratulations on being the chosen godparents of our kids!" Ally yells out with her arms in the air.

Victoria leaps up with tears in her eyes, embracing Ally immediately. Daniel still looks shocked, but gets up to give me a big Bear hug.

"Woah man, my godchild count is 3 now. But believe me now when I say I'm going to spoil your kids rotten," he grins widely, sincerely.

"You're going to be the cool uncle aren't you?" I chuckle.

"What else mate?"