And The Texting Ensues

Ally

It's been a whole day since I've heard from Max. He didn't text me to say that he arrived safely in Holland, so obviously I started stressing. But, being as lame as I am, I checked Schipol's flight arrivals, and his plane landed without as much as a hitch. So why isn't he texting me?

I hear a soft knock on my bedroom door, and my mum's head pops up behind the door.

"Goodmorning, daughter dearest. I made pancakes for breakfast. Care to join me?" She smiles at me, as if she's trying to lure me in.

I scoot out of my bed, with Senna short on my heels. I put my arm around my mother's waist, and we walk side by side down the stairs.

"So when are you going to tell me about the boy? You know, the one who actually called me to assure me you were safe." She shakes her head in disbelief.

"You don't see that anymore. It's a dying breed, Ally. Hold on to this one, okay?" My mother instructs, giving me a plate stacked with pancakes.

I sit down at the table, smiling grimly with a mouth full of pancake.

"I haven't heard from him again. He just fell off the radar. So, I'm still waiting for the so called chivalry in him that you see." I say, not lifting my eyes off the plate.

I can feel the pity-gaze my mum is giving me from across the table, and I hand Senna a smaller pancake with honey on it. He swallows it almost whole, and wags his tail. My mum clears the table, and puts the plates in the sink.

"By the way, Dr Grey and Ben are coming over for dinner. It's high time those two come visit, your father would have an attack if he sees how we live past each other." My mum giggles at the last part.

"That's good mum, I'll bake us some pie. Benno loves pie, he always takes the left overs home." I say and she laughs. Dr Grey and his son has been family friends for as long as I can remember. Dr Grey went to Oxford with my father, and they were very close. After he died, they stopped coming around as much, but we invite them every chance we get.

I skip to my room, and open the door right next to my closet. It looks like a smaller closet door, but it opens up to a smaller room filled with all my art equipment. In the corner, I filled a book case with all my favourite books, and set down a lot of pillows.

I grab my laptop off my bed, and walk through the door, to sit down on the pillows. I open the laptop on Instagram, and search Max's profile. He posted a selfie of him leaving on a jet to Holland, saying how excited he was about seeing the family.

I start scrolling his profile, and notice a picture with him and a blonde girl in it. I click on the photo to see the tags, and it said @VictoriaVerstappen. Max has a sister?! I load her profile and scroll through her photos, by the looks of it, she and Max are inseparable.

She is so beautiful, I start to blush. She looks like a model, and she looks really nice. Or at least I hope so. I switch back to Max's page, and I stare at the latest photo of him. I miss his smile and those ocean blue eyes so much, it almost hurts. He said he would text me.

"Ally, Ben and Dr Grey are here!" is hear my mum yell from the staircase. It quickly get up, and Senna scrambles on his feet, jogging with me down the stairs.

I see Ben first, add give him a big hug.

"Hey Benno, nice hairdo." I say whilst ruffling his hair. He catches my hand, and tugs on my two Dutch braids.

"Yeah nice hairdo, kiddo!" he mimics, and we laugh.

"Want to help me bake an apple pie? It's going to be delicious!" I say, dragging Ben to the kitchen with me.