An Invitation And A Dress

Ally

"This can't be good..." I mumble, covering my eyes with my hands like Vic ordered.

"Oh hush. It's just a surprise, I'm not going to throw bugs at you," She scoffs while lifting something that sounds like a briefcase maybe? The rustle of paper could be heard, being placed on the coffee table before me.

"Okay Ally, open up. I hope you like it!" She squeals, signalling to me that I can open my eyes.

My hands drop from my face, allowing my eyes to fall on a stack of square cards before me.

I trail my index finger along the pretty watercolor flowers, admiring the fine details of the card

"You designed and got it printed in only two days?" I question with astonishment written on my face. She nods proudly, grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"I just have to take a picture and show this to Max, he's going to love this!" I giggle, reaching for my phone. Quickly snapping a picture, I forward it to him.

Ally: LOOK AT DIS

Ally: ur sister is a genius.

Max: genius runs in our family

Ally: could have fooled me! u like it?

Max: i think the colors are pretty

Max: pretty like my future bride :)

Ally: pffft

Ally: how was your flight?

Max: did u see Dan's video?

Ally: yes...... U cute when ur asleep

Max: u and Dan will make the best stalkers.

Max: we are going to start prepping for the ice hockey game now

Max: FaceTime afterwards?

Ally: don't hurt urself. Ily xx

"Max thinks you're a genius, I told you he'd love them!" I grin, a feeling of excitement settling over me.

"Well he won't admit it, but we all know I'm the gifted sibling," She teases while sitting down next to me.

"But let's focus on the main things right now. Firstly, roughly how many guests are we inviting?"

I look down at my feet, and she senses her question upset me.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ally... I forgot that..." She starts apologizing before I cut her off.

"No it's okay! It's not you, I just haven't thought of it like that... I only have like two people to invite. But Max and I already agreed to a small and private-ish ceremony, so not more than a hundred guests."

She nods and writes some numbers down on a notepad she just pulled out from her pocket.

"Okay, and then obviously, what theme do you want for the whole ceremony? If you say bohemian, Max owes me €50," She giggles, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You guys made a bet about the theme I'd choose?" I ask incredulously. She simply nods.

"Tell Max he owes you! I've always wanted a bohemian wedding, and I will have it. You think we can pull it off without becoming to mainstream?" I ask Victoria while she is still writing in her notebook.

"Well, there is only one way of finding out now isn't there?" She chuckles while still writing.

After a few moments of scribbling, she puts her notebook away and neatly places the wedding invitations back in the leather briefcase.

"Oh I've been meaning to ask, which room are you converting to the nursery?" She asks curiously while getting up and walking to the coffee machine.

"My old studio room, next to our room. When Max comes home from Austria next week, we tackle that," I sigh thinking about all that hard work. Max and I couldn't agree on even one color to paint the room, and our ideas of suitable nurseries are so different. We decide the best is to do everything together, from buying the furniture to actually painting the room.

"Are you guys getting someone to do it?" Victoria asks as if she read my thoughts.

"No, we are doing it by ourselves. It makes it more special, right?" I joke, shaking my head. She just laughs, sitting back down next to me.

"Actually Vic... I need to tell you something," I start out, biting my lip. Her eyes widen.

"Okay?"

I take a deep breath.

"I think I found my wedding dress. No, I don't think, I know."

Her eyes explode with excitement.

"Well don't just sit there, show me!" She exclaims gleefully, a big smile plastered on her face. I take out my phone, and show her the dress I'm inlove with.

"Does Max know yet?" She asks while gawking at the photo of my dress

"No, and I want to keep it that way... He's only allowed to see it when I walk down the aisle. So that's why I'm asking for your opinion, do you think it's pretty?" I question hopefully.

"Oh Ally, it's beautiful! But even if I didn't like it, it shouldn't matter, as long as you love it! If you're happy, we're happy," Vic reassures me with a smile. She throws her arms around my neck and hugs me close to her.

"Man, I wish I had a sister when I was growing up!" I mumble causing her to laugh.

"How ironic, Max wished he didn't have one, and now he has two!" She says and we both end up laughing really loudly. When the laughter dies down, a bit of silence follows.

"Thanks for helping out with the wedding things Vic... I know things at home aren't that great right now..." I start, but she shakes her head.

"No don't worry about it. Things at home are fine, but I'm just upset with the whole Blue Jaye situation... She doesn't deserve this... Neither of us did..." She sighs, staring out the window into the harbor.

I give her hand a small squeeze.

"I know what you mean. I know exactly what you, mean..."