A Visit And A Misunderstanding

Ally

I groan as I hear Senna's paws scraping across the wooden floors, en route to my room. I have just enough time to cover my face with my duvet before Senna comes rushing through the door, jumping on my bed. He tries to link my face and nudge me off the bed.

''Yes good morning to you too, boy.'' I sigh, scratching his ears. I see the chequered collar Max gave him, and my heart instantly breaks. I miss Max so much! It's been a week since I've left Monaco, and we haven't really been able to talk much because of his busy schedule.

''That's the life of a racing driver, right boy?'' I ask Senna, and he just groans. Suddenly, my phone starts to vibrate from under Senna. He yelps and jumps up, looking for the cause of the disturbance. I fish under the covers, getting my phone. It's Ben!

''Yo-yo Benno!'' I answer the phone.

''Hey Ally-cat, what's up?'' His voice sounds clear and hopeful.

''Nothing much, I just woke up because of Senna, you?''

''Oh, I was actually hoping we could go grab a coffee and walk in the park? You still have to tell me about your weekend in Monaco!''

''Yeah sure, I'll meet you around 11?''

''Coolbags, see you later Ally-gator.''

''Cheerio Ben!'' I hang up.

Since our weekend in Monaco, being in public is weird to me. Photo's taken at the Red Bull party has come on the internet, and now people stare at me, or randomly stop me to ask if I'm Max's girlfriend. I say no, because he hasn't asked me yet, but no one really believes me. And Ben doesn't even know me and Max are more than friends, so I'll tell him today.

But right now, I have to get ready! I jump out of bed, with Senna short on my heels. As I close the bathroom door, I play some music from Spotify, and the first song to come on is Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camilla Cabello.

''I want you forever even when we're not together, scars on my body so I can take you where ever,'' I sing along while turning on the shower. This song makes me miss Max ten times more, it's unfair! I decide to text him.

Ally: Good morning Handsome!! I kinda miss you..

Ally: Facetime tonight??? xx

I lock my phone, and step into the shower. I quickly wash and comb my curly hair, because it takes forever! My thoughts wander back to Max. He is supposed to leave for Austria tomorrow, he'll probably be too busy for Facetime...

Just as I exit the shower, I hear my phone ring, and Max's face is lighting up the whole screen. As I grab my phone, my foot slips and I land on back. Oww.

''Dutchman.'' I answer simply.

''Hello my beautiful, how's it going?''

''I just fell trying to answer your call, but Senna is happy I'm finally on his level.''I giggle. He laughs sweetly on the other end.

''Look, Als. I'm actually calling to let you know I'll be busy all day, and even tonight... So no Facetime tonight, I'm sorry love.'' He sounds sad.

''It's fine Verstappen, I'm supportive of this hectic lifestyle of yours. I'll still be here when you're done, I just really miss you.'' I say quietly.

''Thank you Ally. This is why you're mine.'' He sounds relieved.

''Not yet I ain't!'' I giggle, trying out my best American accent. Max chuckles too.

''Technically, babe. Anyway, I have to go. Talk soon Als.'' And with that, he hangs up.

Ugh. No. Fair. I want him here with me, but that's not in the cards for us.