A New Beginning And A New Portrait

(A.N: Switched up chapters once more. Please read A Funeral And A Life Choice before the next two chapters xx)

Ally

"It's good to be home..." I trail off, giving Max a kiss. His eyes are still closed, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Good morning, my beautiful girl. Sleep well?" His sleepy voice is cute as hell. He opens his one eye, and I nod.

"That's good. I see Senna slept well too." He chuckles, looking over at the dog snuggled between our legs. I smile too, stroking Senna's fur.

"So what are we up to today?" I ask sitting up, tying my hair up. Max rubs his eyes, staring up at me.

"I have a training session with Jake, and Daniel is coming over for the weekend, so we are going to have some fun." Max winks at me, and I bury my face in my hands.

"I need friends. I'm going to die alone." I laugh, and Max just shakes his head.

"Senna and I feel very much offended." He pouts, and I lean down to kiss his perfect lips. He kisses me right back, pulling me in deeper. I land on his bare chest, feeling his warmth through my shirt. His hands slide up from my thigh, pausing on my butt, before continuing up to my back, with my hands playing with his hair. I smile through the kiss, when suddenly Max sits up, leaving me sitting across his lap, facing him. He pulls away from the kiss, staring intently at me. I smile at him, and he starts chuckling.

"You are just the most perfect thing." He smiles absently, tucking a stray curl behind my ear. "Everything I have ever wanted packed in just 5'3"."

"Being tall was never in the cards for me, you got my share." I say, giving him a soft kiss on his nose. He smiles up at me, and at that moment, all the sadness of the past two months just faded away. I was truly happy with Max. It was cliché, but he was my happy place.

I climb from his lap, walking to his dresser, now littered with my things. I look in the mirror, trying to fix my hair.

"How's the house-selling going?" I hear Max ask from his bathroom. The door is left open, but I can hear the shower running.

Should I... No. Too soon.

"Mr McDonall said he got an offer for the house from a lovely couple, and if I'm willing, we could finalize the sale before next week." I shout to Max, whilst making our... his king sized bed.

"Oh that's great babe. How much are they offering?" He asks, and I take a really deep breath.

"2 million." I say nonchalantly, fluffing the pillows. I hear the shower turn off, and Max appears in the open doorway, mouth agape.

"That's quite a lot." He grins.

"With my inheritance, it's 2.75. So I have 2.75 million reasons not to feel sad." I sigh, laying back on the bed with my eyes closed as Max walks to his wardrobe.

"Any ideas for using it yet?" He asks, while dressing in his gym clothes.

"Nope. I'm going to let it be until I know what to do." I feel his hand in mine, and he pulls me towards him. I open my eyes, only to see him lean in towards me.

"Jake's almost here, get some pants on." He whispers in my ear, and we both start laughing.

"What ever you say, boss." I wink at him before he disappears to the kitchen. Senna joins me in my room, and I slip on an old pair of striped shorts. The pair of us join Max in the kitchen, just to see Jake arrive through the front door.

"Good morning, Jake!" I yell at the trainer whilst switching on the coffee machine. He waves at me, throwing his gym bag down on the living room floor.

"Coffee?" I ask the well-built man standing with Max.

"That would be lovely, dear." Max quips, and Jake laughs.

"No coffee for him, but I'd love some, thanks Ally." Jake smiles warmly, and I stick my tongue out to Max. He does the same at me, chuckling.

I hand Jake his mug, looking at the intense work out programme in front of him.

"I'll be in my studio if you need me. Have fun guys." I wink at the guys before heading to my favourite space in this apartment.

My space.

As I open the door, my eye catches the wall covered with hanging photo frames. All the photos from my mom's house, each with their own space on the wall. My memory wall. Senna lies down on his pillow in the corner, and I close the door. I focus on my current project; a portrait of my mum. She's sitting at her desk, looking up at the camera, blue eyes sparkling.

I tried my best to capture the moment, keeping the mischief in her eyes. I was almost done with it, just the finishing details were keeping me from finishing. I struggled to paint her, mainly because my eyes were puffy from crying, but also because I missed seeing her. I was afraid that I'd forget how she looked when she smiled sheepishly, or the crease she got on her forehead when she was concentrating.

This portrait captured her essence. And I could finally hang her next to daddy. They have always belonged together.

I start mixing colors, when my phone suddenly vibrates, breaking my concentration. It's Daniel's number.

"Hi Daniel, what's up?" I ask, setting down my pallette.

"Hi there Alls! I'm good, I can't wait to see you and Max later on. Speaking of which, where is the little bugger. He's not answering his phone." Daniel rumbles, and I giggle.

"Hold on, I'll go get him. He's with Jake right now." I answer, running through the hallway. I enter the balcony, handing the phone to Max, who is in mid squat.

"Your boyfriend is calling." I smile playfully.

"I CAN HEAR YOUUUU!" Daniel yells, and Max rolls his eyes.

"Hey Dan, you got the package? You do?" Max continues the conversation, and I get curious.

"Okay, so you'll be here by 2 o clock? Sounds good. See you mate." Max hangs up, eyes twinkling with mystery. I take my phone, leaning against the table.

"Man, I don't even wanna know." I state, and Jake laughs loudly.

"He's staying in your room, so now is a perfect time to actually move into my room." Max winks, continuing his work out.

"Any excuse is a good excuse, Dutchman." I sigh, heading back to my studio.