A Fall And A Problem

Ally

My eyes open lazily, being hindered by the bright light filtering through the curtains. My head is pounding, and it takes a few seconds for my blurry vision to focus. Max's arm is thrown over my body, keeping me close to him. I sigh, trying to roll on my side facing him.

Oh my god. I'm naked.

I gasp, trying to cover myself up with the sheets distancing myself from Max, but in the process I startle him, and he flies over the edge of the bed, landing on the floor with a loud thump.

"Oh my god, you're naked too!" I clasp my hands in front of my eyes, blushing furiously.

"What happened last night?" Max's groggy voice comes from the floor. I hear him shuffling with clothing on the floor, and after a while he sits back down on the bed.

"You don't know what happened?!" I ask incredulously, looking back at him. His hair is messy, and his chest is bare.

"I can't remember. But I do remember us taking off our clothes." He grins and I hit him with a pillow.

Suddenly, last night's episodes come rushing black to me, giving me quite the headspin. I gasp, looking back at him with wide eyes.

"We slept together?!" I yell, trying to cover myself up even more.

"I promise you there was very little sleeping." Max laughed and I buried my face in my hands.

"You used a condom, right?" I glare at him, holding my breath. He picks up a shiny piece of wrapper from his bedside the table, and I exhale audibly.

"I'm sorry, I'm over reacting. This wasn't how I wanted it to be." I give him a small smile, and he pulls me into a hug.

"We could always do-over." He jokes, kissing the top of my head.

"Ha-ha very funny, Dutchman." I giggle, resting my head on his chest. "Was it okay?" I ask softly, closing my eyes.

"I never thought I would feel fireworks, but you proved me wrong." He murmurs, and my heart melts. I feel tears forming in my eyes, and I quickly wipe them away.

"That is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me." I smile up at him, and he kisses my nose. We sit like that for a while, until Senna decides to crash the party.

"He is not probably just as hungry as I am. Let's make breakfast?" Max asks, and I immediately agree. I pull on my red bull shirt, and follow him tomorrow the kitchen. He switches on his home sound system, and we listen a French radio channel whilst making French toast and chocolate chip Pancakes.

Max tries to flip a pancake it the pan, but it misses the pan, landing on the floor right in front of Senna's nose. The pup didn't think twice before gobbling it up.

We sat down at the counter, eating, laughing and enjoying our time together.

"What will you be doing while I'm away at Pre Season Practice?" Max asks whilst holding my hand, and eating a piece of toast. I smile at him.

"I decided to start working in the gallery. I have an idea for a painting, I think you're going to love it." I wink, and he grins at me broadly.

"I love it when you get so excited about the things you love." He says, tucking a stray curl behind my ear.

"It's the same with you, you know. The way your face lights up when you hear a engine revving, or when you talk about racing. It really makes me happy." I lean in, kissing his cheek.

"Well I'm going to take a shower, you had better start packing before Jake gets here, he's going to keep you busy until noon." I say, before disappearing into our room.

I jump into the shower, letting the warm water soak into my bones. I thought about what happened between Max and I, add what this meant for the future. I smile like an idiot when I think about what he said, it was like fireworks.

After washing my hair, I step out of the shower into our room. I get dressed in a high waisted jean with an off-shoulder lace top. My hair was already forming mad waves, so I just let it air dry and see what happens. As I pick up my converse from underneath the bed, I notice something laying beside it. I bend down for further inspection and my heart stops.

Next to my shoe, was a rolled up condom. There one Max thinks he used. This can not be good on any level. I pick it up racing towards the lounge.

"Max, we have a little..." I stop mid-sentence, hiding the condom behind my back, because Jake was already there with Max. Both the guys look at me, eyebrows raised.

"I... Uh... We have... We have a little dog, who needs a walk!" I exclaim sounding absolutely mental.

Max looks at Jake, and then back at me.

"So go walk it of Picasso needs a walk..." He trails off, chuckling. I nod, and speed off back to our room. I grab Senna and Picasso's leashes, and clip them on their collars. With a wave I walk right past Max and Jake, straight to the beach where I can clear my head.

It was one time, I think to myself. If I don't think about it, nothing will happen.

At that moment, I wanted to pat myself on the back. My plan was not to tell him, or talk about it, because that will jinx me. In this case, I was hoping ignorance could be bliss.