A Sorry And A Postponement

Max

"Eyewitnesses report seeing Carling and Ricciardo enter the gynecologist's office together. Was it Verstappen's baby after all? Find out after the break."

I mute the TV, while trying to call Ally for the millionth time. It's been three days since our fight, and we have to leave for Canada tomorrow, so it gives us little time for making up.

"Please pick up..." I whisper to myself, desperately hoping she would.

Just then, the front door slams open. The faces of a stern Daniel and a worried Ally could be seen. I stood up as quick as I could, staring into her eyes.

"Ally..." I begin, but she cuts me off.

"Dan, I can handle it from here I promise. You go pack for Canada, and we will see you tomorrow," Ally says to Daniel, dismissing him with a small hug. He glances over to me once, gives a small smile, and disappears through the front door.

"Okay, let me do the talking first," Ally says, cautiously sitting down on the sofa opposite of me. I sit back down, still staring at her.

"You know I was so angry at you. I was so terribly angry, I felt like I was about to murder you..." Ally mumbles, fidgeting with her hands in her lap.

"But that does not excuse my poor behaviour towards you. I'm so sorry that I just stayed away for so long, in that moment it felt like the right thing to do, but it wasn't... I missed you every second, and I don't want to be away from you..." She whispers, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

I get on my knees in front of her, taking her face in my hands.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry about everything. I know that I sometimes have a temper when it comes to racing, and it was also wrong of me to take it out on you... But I don't want to lose you, or be apart from you like this again. Every night I wanted to barge into Daniel's apartment, and carry you back to our bed so I can just hold you and tell you how much I love you..." I say to her, my blue eyes fixed on her gray ones.

"Max Verstappen, I love you so much."

I give a small smile.

"Trust me baby, I love you way more," I mumble just before I kiss her. It was the type of kiss you will always remember, burning and full of love.

I pull away and softly kiss her forehead before sitting down next to her.

"We really need to get packing for Canada... We fly early tomorrow," I inform her while softly squeezing her hand.

"I've never been to America before," Ally says deep in thought, causing me to laugh.

"Canada is it's own country, it's not America..." I say, watching her expression turn into confusion.

"So it's like America lite?" She asks, and we both burst out in laughter.

"Yeah, you could probably say that."

**********************************

It was safe to say the flight was horrible. It was a 12 hour haul, and Ally was constantly sick, making it a very long 12 hours. We decided that this will be the last long flight for her, atleast until after the twins are born, which is only four months away.

And not only was the flight horrible, the paparazzi was even worse. Ally faced them with pride because she felt responsible for the rumours about her and Dan, but we stuck together, happy as ever.

"Max, we need to tell people."

I turn my head towards where Ally was laying on the hotel bed.

"Tell people what?" I ask in a suspicious voice.

"That we are planning a wedding. Well, we atleast have to tell your mom or Victoria, because I can't organize a wedding..." She mumbles, her blue eyes full of worry.

"Sweetheart, are you worried about the wedding?" I ask softly, sitting down next to her. She pulls her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms tightly around them.

"Because if that's what's bothering you, we can always postpone it... There is no need to rush..." I say reassuringly, watching her closely.

"Well... To be totally honest... Maybe we want to wait until after the twins are born... I mean, I want to look pretty on my wedding day," She says hesitantly while biting her lower lip.

"Oh Ally, you'll look beautiful in a plastic bag. But if you want to wait, that's what we will do," I say, my eyes still on hers. Her shoulders drop slightly, and her face relaxes.

"Okay, but just until after the twins, you can't run away from marrying me!" She jokes while wrapping her arms around my torso.

"Are you kidding me? Run away from it? I'm running full-speed towards having you as my wife. The woman I'm spending the rest of my life with!" I chuckle while she rests her head on my chest.

We lay still for a few minutes, and I check my watch from time to time.

"Sweetheart, I have to get ready to head down to the track for the race. Will you be there later?" I ask, slowly picking her up and putting her down on the bed.

"Yes, but I'm picking up Victoria and your mom before hand, after that we'll be there. I'm always there for you, I'm your cheerleader!" She smiles shyly, making a hashtag hand sign, followed by a number one.

"You're my almost wife! And I'm late, so I'll see you later!" I say while grabbing my backpack and team jacket from the chair near the bed. I give her a kiss and quickly jog for the door, closing it softly as I enter the hallway. Just as I close my door, Daniel appears from his door.

"You late too?" I ask, and he just grins.

"Are you and Ally okay now?" He asks, ignoring my question completely.

"Yeah Dan, and thank you for taking care of her while I was to stupid to. You mean so much to her," I say softly, trying to hide my pained expression.

He nods understandingly.

"It's good mate, as long as you fixed things. She doesn't deserve unhappiness," he says while looking seriously at me. I nod solemnly.

"Off of this sad topic, let's go kick some Mercedes and Ferrari butt!" Daniel exclaims, punching me on the shoulder. We both laugh, and I shake my head.

"Keep dreaming Dan, maybe next year."