A Doctor And A Shock Pt 2

Max

Did she just say twins?!

A baby boy and a baby girl.

My heart is beating out of my chest as I try to make sense of the gray mass on the computer screen. Sure enough, two figures are prominent, two heart beats sounding through the entire room.

"This is more than I thought..." Ally trails off.

"You were thinking one boy?" Dr Elke asks, still monitoring the screen.

"One girl actually. My mom said her morning sickness was very heavy because she was expecting a girl, so I obviously thought..." Ally stammered, and the doctor nods.

"Very common mistake. Yes girls are harder to carry, but so are twins. Two times the baby means two times the strain on your body. You have a small frame, so this pregnancy will take its toll on your back, in particular," She pauses for a breath before continuing.

"I'll give you a booklet with the list of foods you may and may not eat. Alcohol is out, smoking is out, any type of drug is out. Twins means more doctors appointments, so we need to figure out how far along you are. Do you have any idea when you conceived?" Finally she pauses, looking at us questioningly. I'm still speechless, staring up at Ally.

"Third of March, doctor."

Ally squeezes my hand, trying to reassure me. As if I'm the one who needs to be calm when she's the one having the babies.

"Okay, so you are looking at a December baby. It could be earlier because twins usually arrive two weeks too soon, so please remember to pack your hospital bag for at least a month before you're actually due. You can never be too sure," Dr Elke smiles at us, clearly seeing that we are overwhelmed as hell.

"Uhm, doctor, can you please print out the picture of the sonar? We would like to show his parents..." Ally asks, with a sad tone in her voice.

The doctor raises her eyebrows, but decides it's best not to ask any questions about Ally's family. She nods and quickly prints out two copies of the sonar.

"Are you okay?" Ally asks me, concerned eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good, are you okay baby?" I ask, seeing her tired eyes.

"Yeah. I just want to go home, Skype with your parents to share the news, and sleep." She smiles.

"Oh my god, just think what my parents will say of this, my dad would be so happy we have a karting heir." I chuckle, causing her to smile slightly.

"That's it Mr and Mrs Verstappen, I'll see you in three weeks time for a checkup. Remember to eat right, and take vitamins!" Dr Elke instructs with a strict smile.

I help Ally off the table, we greet the doctor, and leave for the car as quick as possible. The whole way back, Ally sits with a smile on her face, stroking her growing baby bump.
When we get home, I immediately FaceTime Victoria with Ally, so she could be first to know.

When she answers, my mom, dad, and Kelly jump into frame.

"Sorry. We were all waiting for the news," Kelly explains with a small smile.

I look at Ally, and she nods nods me, as if to say it's okay.

"Congratulations, you are officially going to be grandparents to a little boy... And A little girl."

A stunned silence follows.

"That's right Verstappens," I smile, "Ally and I are expecting twins."

**********************

Ally is laying fast asleep next to me, smiling ever so slightly. It's dark in our room, except the glow of the harbor lights filtering through the room. I check my watch, and sigh when I see its 03:24.

My mind is running in a hundred different ways tonight, causing insane insomnia.

Twins?

Two lives that we are responsible for, that we have to raise and take care of. Strictly speaking Ally is going to be alone with them most of the time because of my career, so it's two lives she has to manage.

I rest my head against my propped up pillows, trying to figure out how to handle this situation. I'm 19, Ally is 20. We are supposed to go to Martin's shows and go out to clubs and enjoy ourselves, thinking about the future later. But now that future is here, and there is no getting around it.

I look down at my girl- sleeping peacefully, blissfully unaware of my messed up thoughts. She looks as beautiful as ever, a natural radiance about her. Imagine a miniature version of her, giggling at something mommy said.

Or a smaller me, learning how to drive his first kart, becoming a champion just like daddy. Imagine having two beautiful children with this gorgeous woman of mine. Honestly, I can't imagine something better, or scary for that matter.

"Why are you staring?" Her sleepy voice sounds, snapping me back to reality.

"Was I staring?"

"Well you weren't blinking."

I chuckle, leaning down and taking her in my arms.

"So what's on your mind?" She asks in a muffled tone. I sigh.

"Just about our future, love. About you, me, and two beautiful babies to keep us happy. And I was thinking about how scared I was about it... But together, I think we can get through it," I finish while trying to sound as confident as possible.

Ally simply nods, probably already back to sleep.

"I love you baby, forever." I whisper, pulling her closer to me.

Before I leave for Sochi tomorrow, I have to Skype with Vic again.

My mind is made up, it's time.

**********

A.N: TIME FOR WHAT?!

Max is doing good so far, looks like a promising race! Have a great weekend loves x