A Feeling And A Fight

Ally

My morning routines have changed drastically. I usually wake up halfway to the bathroom, running at full-speed to get to the toilet just in time. Morning sickness.

But today it was slightly different. I woke up with a tinge of excitement, because today was Thursday, my first exhibition. I looked over at Max, already staring down at me from his propped-up position.

"Do you know how beautiful you are when you sleep?"

"Do you know how creepy you sound when you say that?"

His lips jerk up to a grin, a low chuckle audible.

"I'm not creepy, I'm inlove. And being in love makes you do weird things. Like stare at your girlfriend while she sleep," he explained to me. I just shook my head and jumped out of bed.

"I'm inlove, but you don't see me staring at you when you're asleep!" I giggle, throwing on an oversized hoodie. Max sits up, a smirk forming on his gorgeous face.

"First of all, of course I won't see you looking at me when I'm asleep, because I'm asleep. And secondly, you stare at me all day! Like I'd just be playing PS4 and you would be looking at me with those eyes," he chuckles causing, me to blush.

"Those eyes?" I ask, feeling my blush spread to my cheeks.

"Those beautiful, sparkling, inlove, soft gray eyes of yours. It makes me want to kiss you!" he yells out, lunging at my cheek to kiss me.

"Well I'm glad I have that effect on you, but before we get carried away, I need to head out to the gallery before the caterers arrive. Tonight is the night!" I smile brightly just as Max's lips brush against my forehead. He kisses me, then steps back.

"You go, I have training with Jake. Afterwards I'll pick you up, we could finish together and then drive back like the classy people we are," Max laughs before heading back to bed. I tie my hair up in a huge messy bun, and pull on some sweatpants.

"Ugh I look like a hobo," I say, trying to un-see my reflection in the mirror.

"Darling, you look perfect tonight," Max half whispers.

"Did you... Did you just quote Ed Sheeran?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Did I?" He asks innocently, winking at me.

"He whispered underneath his breath, you kind of shouted... But I'll take the compliment," I lean down to kiss him. "I love you Verstappen, I'll see you later."

**************

"...ninety-five, ninety-six, ninety-seven, ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred!"  I shout triumphantly as I finish counting all the Tofu-sticks. Gabrielle, the caterer, shakes her head and chuckles softly while packing out thh small desserts.

"I told you there were a hundred, you didn't need to count," She mocks, and I blush.

"It makes it more fun when you count and pack out at the same time, don't judge." I laugh, looking for my checklist. We've done almost everything, and the rest Gabrielle can certainly handle.

"All that's left is the glasses, champagne and the other drinks. Max is going to pick me up in a minute, but I promise I'll be back to help when the other food arrives!" I promise, grabbing my satchel and stuffing my phone and keys into it.

I stand back and look at the gallery, all made up and ready for my first ever exhibition. Emma's Brush is officially an open art gallery. Just the thought of it makes me miss my mom, and of course, tears start pooling in my eye.

Don't cry, not tonight. Tonight is a happy night, I remind myself. I swallow the lump and quickly wipe the tears away just as Max stops in front of the gallery. I run outside and slip into the passenger seat, leaning over to kiss him.

"Aww, I can't go in and look?" He asks, sounding disappointed. I shake my head.

"No, you have to wait, just like everyone else!" I laugh, causing him to grin. He starts driving home, and I run over my checklist once more. A comfortable silence sets in, both of us busy with our own thoughts. We drive in silence, until we come to a stop at our building.

"When are you leaving for Russia?" I ask him while getting out of the car, taking my satchel.

"Uhh, I think next Wednesday we fly out there. Why?" He asks, seeing the disappointment in my eyes.

"Max, that's the date of our first appointment at the doctor!" I yell, disbelief thick in my voice. I see his smile fade, wheels spinning in his head as he tries to work out the dates.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot. Can't we move it? After Russia I have another week off, then I'm free..." he tries, but I cut him off by slamming his car door shut- something that he hates.

"You insisted I go to the best gynecologist, and guess what? The best gynecologists are always booked full. So no, I won't move the appointment, because I won't get another spot in the next month!" I yell, feeling my heart rate spike.

Suddenly my eyes are the leaking tears, and I run home, trying to get away from Max. I know he is busy, it's his lifestyle, but this is his baby too. And he said the date was fine, and that he would be there. Now I'm going to be alone.

I slam the front door shut, tearing off my clothes and throwing them on the floor on my way to the bathroom, leaving a trail of anger. I open the shower, stepping under the scalding water just to start sobbing. Everything was just too much.

I miss my mum, my dad. I miss Ben and my old house. I miss London, I miss Holland Park. The park where my future with Max began.

My legs wobble, and I slide down against the cold shower wall. I sit there for a while, feeling the warm water drizzle against my pale skin, tears mixing with the warm water. I see Max approaching, but I make no effort to move. He opens the shower door, and kneels next to me under the heat of the water. I feel his warm chest against mine as he takes me into his arms, lifting me up so my head rested in the crook of his neck. My arms rested over his shoulders, pressing him against me as I sob even harder.

"Baby, I'm so, so sorry. I've arranged to fly out Thursday so I can make the appointment." He says, kissing my hair softly.

"No..." I whisper softly.

"No? You don't want me there?" he asks.

"I mean, no,  I can't be such a bitch. You're busy and I know that. You can't help that your schedule is so hectic. I should just learn to do some things on my own..." I choke out, but Max stops me.

"No, I won't let you do anything alone. This is our baby, we are in this together. I will be at every appointment, every class, every shopping trip, I will be there. I will always be there... For you. And for the baby," he finishes, gripping me tightly.

"You are the love and the light of my life. I cannot lose you..." he finishes, his voice barely a whisper.

We sat in silence again, holding each other under the still warm water.

"You know I love you more than life itself, right?" I ask, breaking away from his hold to look him in the eyes.

"I do." he answers confidently.

"Good..." I say before standing up. "We should finish up, I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to be late to my own exhibition," I mumble just as Max kisses me. One of his warm, butterfly-inducing kisses.

The type of kiss that keeps my heart beating like crazy.

***********

A.N) Hey everyone! I hope you're still enjoying the story! Sorry for the slow updates, but I'm happy to say I'm safely in The Netherlands, already used to life here, so from now on updates will be faster! I hope easter treated you well? Loves and kisses x