A Grocery Trip And An Anniversary

Ally

Ally: love, I miss u...

Ally: feels like u've been gone forever!!!

Ally: please come home soon xx

Max: ally I literally just went to the store

Max: u asked me to get u chocolate

Max: it was like 10 minutes ago...

Ally: oh so I'm not allowed to miss you now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Max: that's not what I said...

Ally: I'm angry now.

Max: .....

Max: what can I do to make it up to you...  -_-

Ally: well... Since you're asking...

Ally: I'm really craving tomato juice...

Max: did u just fake fight with me for tomato juice!?

Ally: Perhaps.

Max: I'm getting married to a psycho...

Ally: I'm glad you know it :) 

Ally: see you home in 10?

Max: yea, got a few fans mobbing, but it probably won't take long. Love u.

I switch my phone off, and shuffle excitedly to the front door, making sure that it's locked. Senna and Picasso run alongside me, curious to what I am doing. Well, to be totally honest, any sane person would be wondering what I was up to if they had to see me.

I was six months pregnant, trying with all of my power to move the furniture in my living room to form a big open space on the floor. When the space was big enough, I threw my wool blanket on the floor, spacing it in the centre. I then grab the big wicker basket that I hid in the cleaning cabinet, simply because I knew Max literally never opens it. The basket was full of Max's favourite food, so if he found it, it would have been a dead giveaway.

I carefully put the basket down on the blanket, focusing on the next task: Lighting 24 candles and place them in the room before Max gets back. Luckily I asked him for Tomato juice, something I'm pretty sure they don't have in regular grocery shops in Monaco, so at least he will still be a while.

I start lighting the candles one by one, and soon my living room looks picture perfect. Outside it was starting to get dark, and the rainy weather made the whole scene just 10 times better, making me grin like an idiot.

I shuffle to our room, putting on an informal flowy dress Max bought for me when we were still only dating. Right now, it's the only dress that fit over my bump, and it was better that jeans and a t-shirt.

The dogs suddenly jumped up, running to the front door, barking their heads off.

That's my que.

I follow them quickly, stopping in the middle of the living room where the soft light of the candles made my skin glow. Just as I stop, the door opens, and Max makes his awaited appearance.

"Surprise!"

Max looks at me, then to all the candles, and back at me.

"Oh no... " he starts, but I quickly interrupt him.

"It's okay! Honestly, you were preoccupied with the race in Canada, and I didn't want to be the nagging girlfriend and remind you about it," I say reassuringly while stepping closer to him, grabbing his free hand. I pull him towards th picnic setup, and we both sit down across from each other.

"Happy two year anniversary my love!" I say as I lean in to kiss Max. His hands find their way to my back, pulling me closer to him.

"I just wanted to surprise you and show you how much I appreciate you..." I mumble shyly while Max plants soft kisses in my neck.

"Ally, it doesn't feel like two years... Does it?" He asks me with an affectionate smile.

I shake my head violently, causing him to chuckle.

"No love, but it has been an incredible ride with you. We had our ups and downs, our podiums and our DNF's, but through it all, we had each other. Everyday it was you and me. And honestly, I can't remember life before I met you..." I whisper, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Aw sweetheart, I love it how you always manage to talk some car when you're talking about our relationship," Max chuckles, kissing my cheek.

"See, I told you I could speak car!" I grin obnoxiously, giving Max a loud high five.

"Okay so I have all your favourites in here... Carpaccio, Belgian chocolate, steak with fries, and... Stroopwafels!" I announce, clearly proud of the picnic basket.

"Stroopwafels? Where did you...?" He asks suspiciously.

"I have my sources. Besides, Victoria didn't mind bringing me a pack... Or six. These really are amazing," I say with guilty expression.

"They're so sweet, just like you," Max winks while grabbing one of the treats. When we were visiting Sophie, he literally had a stash hidden in his room. You don't find them in Monaco, so I thought it would be perfect if he had his own stash right here.

"Oh Jake is going to kill me for making you fat," I laugh while Max grabs a second treat.

"You're right, I'm blaming this on you and only you!" He grins.

Oh, that grin.

The way his lips curved was utterly perfect. And kissable. His smile was rare, like the type you'd only see on renaissance statues. Just beautiful.

"What are you thinking about?" His words bring me back to earth.

"Oh wait, there is one more surprise! Close your eyes, and no peeking!" I instruct, a sly grin stuck on my face.

"Well aren't you just full of surprises today."

I quickly turn around, digging for the surprise in the wicker basket. I laid it down underneath all of the food so it wouldn't be the first thing Max sees.

"Okay, open up..." I say softly, waiting expectantly for his reaction.

He gasps.

"No way!"

"Yes way!" I giggle.

"All three of the Hangover movies?!" He chuckles, excitement glinting in his blue eyes.

"They're your favourite, so I decided we should have a movie marathon. Even though I don't like them as much..." I tease.

"Oh don't act as if you don't like staring at Bradley Cooper now!" Max jokes, causing me to laugh loudly.

"Oh, so you saw that?"

He scoffs.

"I always notice when my girl is checking out other guys, so I always make sure I'm the hottest one there," he grins cheekily, causing my heart to melt.

"Well that's not hard considering how hot you are," I whisper while slowly leaning in to kiss him.

"Damn right..." he whispers, pulling me onto his lap.

*****************************

Friends. Readers. Shippers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10k READS!

This makes me another level of happy, seriously. Please just keep on reading, because ultimately I'm writing this just for you! If you have any ideas for the story, please comment or dm me, I'm always listening :)

ShawnStory thanks for letting me know you love the story so much, yous awesome x

Have an amazing week xx