A Gallery And A Clone

Ally

I lead Max across the show room's wooden floors, towards a spiral iron staircase. His eyes are shut tightly, and I have to lead him up carefully.

"No peeking." I giggle as he puts his arms around my waist when we get to the top. I walk into the room, looking out of the big window facing the ocean.

"Okay, open up." I smile, facing back to Max.

He flutters open his eyes, jaw dropping almost on the ground. He looks amazed, and I just giggle at him.

"This is my new studio, how do you like it?" I ask, and he spins around on the polished wooden floor. He looks at the whitewashed brick walls, and back at me.

"Oh this is so you. I love it, it's beautiful." He grins before pulling me in to a kiss. I kiss him back, but he's stronger. He shoves me against the wall, pinning me close to him, kissing my neck.

"Hmm, you really likes the place..." I mutter, feeling his sweet breath on my neck.

"I really like you." He answers, looking back at me. He kisses my nose, and pulls me away from the wall.

"Okay show me the showroom, since I wasn't allowed to peek." He grins excitedly, heading for the staircase. We walk hand in hand down the steps, to the slightly bigger room. The room had the same white washed walls with the same wooden flooring. A big copper light fixture was hanging from the middle of the room, giving it an industrial feel.

"Oh Ally, this place is great. I can't wait for your first exhibition. I'm going to be your number one fan." Max grins, picturing where the paintings will hang.

"I decided to call it Emma's Brush. My mom would have loved it." I sigh, biting my lip. Max's eyes turn soft, and he gives me a tight hug.

"I know for a fact that she's smiling down at you right now, proud of what you are doing." He reassures me.

"You think so?" I ask, and he nods his head.

"Absolutely. Let's go get something to eat, I'm starving." He announces, pouting at me. I check the time before I answer him.

"I'm sorry love, I have a lunch date with Mila in 30 minutes. But I left some of last night's Alfredo in the fridge. Knock yourself out." I grin before kissing him.

"Your pasta is the best, so it's a win-win. I'll see you later then?" He asks, taking his keys from me.

"Yes, and don't forget tonight is your night to cook. I love you." I say as he heads to the door.

"I won't, I love you too." And with that, he was out the door.

I switched off the lights, and locked the door behind me. The little restaurant I was to meet Mila at was just down the road, so I decided a little walk would do me good.

By now, everyone knew I was Max Verstappen's girlfriend. People often stopped me in the street, asking for pictures, or to sign something, and at times it got overwhelming. Especially when you're online and you read the speculations about your relationship from someone who doesn't know you. That was probably the worst.

Today was a quiet day at the restaurant, so nobody was going to bother us. I headed inside to look for Mila, and almost froze on the spot. She had on the same white and blue dress I brought from La Belle.

"You also bought that dress?" I smile as I sit down across from her.

"Ofcourse, your fashion sense is impeccable, I just had to have it." She giggles, and I chuckle along. We order a pizza and fries, with some iced tea.

"So, how was last night between you and Daniel?" I ask her, taking a sip of my iced tea. She shrugged.

"He wasn't that great after all. But I really liked spending time with you guys. Max is the coolest." She laughs, and I see her eyes light up.

"Yeah I know, we have that effect on people." I grin.

"Hey, how do you get your hair so curly?" Mila asks, pouting at me. I laugh loudly, causing an elderly lady to angrily glare up at us.

"This is my natural curl. It doesn't straighten properly, and it looks like crap, but it suits my art persona." I say to her giggling, and she nods in comprehension.

"I'm just love the look so much, we should start a trend. Everyone wants to be you." She says, looking at me seriously. I think about it for a few seconds before answering.

"I get that, but trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." I say, putting on my best wise-voice.

"Someone knows her Marilyn Monroe quotes." She roll her eyes at me.

"I just don't want everyone to idolize me, that's Max's department. I don't want to be known as his girlfriend, I want to by known as Ally, the crazy curly haired artist." I finish the sentence before taking a slice of pizza.

"That can be your catchphrase: The Crazy Curly Haired Artist." Mila laughed. "I like it."

"Speaking of art, I bought a gallery right down the road. I'm calling it Emma's Brush, after my mum." I say, and Mila gives a small smile.

"I'm so happy for you, when are you moving your stuff? I'd love to help." She offers.

"Yeah that would be great. I'm looking at tomorrow or the day after, but I'll let you know. It's not a lot, but it will be quicker if I had help." I give her hand a squeeze.

"Then it's settled. Is Max helping?" She takes a bite of her fries.

"Probably after Jake has finished with him, but I begged him, so he will." I smile confidently.

"You sure hit the jackpot with him." Mila whistles.

"You have no idea."

We end up talking about everything and anything crossing our minds, our friendship getting stronger by the minute. We both liked the same things, and we had the same taste in music.

I glanced at my watch, almost having a heart attack.

"It's so late, I'm going to miss date night. If have to go, but thank you for today, I'll let you know about the moving!" I say before heading out of the restaurant.

Mila is the best, I think to myself as I speedwalk to our apartment.