A Party And A Present

Max

Today is the big day, Ally's birthday. Victoria and I have been secretly planning this for a week now, even though Ally knows we're up to something.

This morning I snuck out of bed early, to make Ally breakfast in bed. My cooking skills aren't the best, so my sister also got up to help me, and together we made one massive breakfast. We put it all on a tray with a little vase containing white daisies, and carried it to our bedroom. When we opened the door, Victoria and I started singing "Happy Birthday" to the best of our abilities without scaring Ally or the dogs to death.

Ally was already awake, and she started blushing profusely. She sat up against the pillows and laughed as we made our way to the bed. We carefully set the trays down, and joined Ally on the bed.

"Happy Birthday, Als!" Victoria brims while giving Ally a huge hug. She hands Ally a box with a bow tied neatly around it.

"Aww thank you guys, and Vic thanks. You didn't have to get me anything." She starts, but my sister cuts her off.

"But I did, so come on and open it!" She exclaims, looking excited. Ally carefully tugs at the ribbon, letting it fall on the covers. When she opens the box, she gasps, and even I get curious. She takes out a delicate silver necklace, with a daisy pendant. The daisy is encrusted with crystals, giving it a beautiful sparkle.

"Oh my gosh, Victoria Jane Verstappen, this is amazing." Ally says, still looking at the necklace.

"Look on the back..." Vic says, and Ally flips the flower over gently. On the back, it had the engraved words: "For mom."

Ally's eyes started tearing up, and she struggled to fund her smile.

"This is the most special thing anyone has ever done for me... This means so much." She says quietly, looking up at the both of us. "Thank you for being here for me. I love you guys so much." She finishes, and we envelope her in a group hug, almost upsetting one of the trays.

"Let's not get to emotional, breakfast is getting cold!" I whine, and both of the girls just laugh. The three of us start eating, chatting about the simple things in life, and telling endless jokes. When we're done, I decide to tell Ally about the rest of our plans.

"Okay babe, so don't freak out. But we kind of took the liberty of planning you a party... I mean a get together." I correct myself, and Ally just stares at me.

"This can't be good." Ally chuckles, and Vic and I look at each other.

"It will be, we promise. But right now, you and Vic need to get ready, because it's a kind of morning/afternoon party. You know, a party for a twenty year old." I joke, and Ally fakes a hurt look.

"We'll be in my room, and we'll be ready in an hour, so don't be late." Vic informs me before dragging Ally out to the guest room. I clear up the trays, taking them back to the kitchen. When I pass the lounge, I look to see of the girls' door is closed before I make an important call. Luckily it is, so I start dialling the number on my phone, waiting for them to pick up.

"Good day, this is Alfred speaking." The male voice answers.

"Hi Alfred, it's me, Max. I was just phoning to confirm the Range Rover Evoque's delivery to the harbor?" I ask, and I can heard the man typing on a computer.

"Yes sir, it will be there at 12 o' clock at the latest. With a bouquet of red roses, am I correct sir?" The man asks.

"Yes. Thank you very much, see you're later." I say before hanging up the phone. Everything is going according to plan.

I headed to my room to get dressed for Ally's party. The weather is really nice, so I opt for my beige shorts and a white button-up shirt. Not to casual, not to formal, just the way I like it. I styled my hair and put on my favourite pair of sneakers, and headed for the girls' room. I knocked on the door and Vic opened up.

Ally was sitting on the bed, putting her stilettos on. Her hair was completely straightened, and almost twice as long as it is when it's curly. When she sees me, she gives me a huge smile.

"You look handsome, Verstappen." She grins while getting up and walking to me. I give her a peck on the lips before Victoria ushers us out of the door.

"We don't want to be late come on people." She says, rolling her eyes at us. We just grin, walking hand in hand to the front door. When the three of us stand in the elevator, Ally starts looking nervous.

"Where are we going?" She asks, looking up to me.

I smile devilishly.

"It's a surprise."

***************

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yells as we step onto the yacht. Ally takes a moment to register it, and then starts smiling like an idiot. On the boat was Daniel, Martin, Carlos and his girlfriend, and Ben Grey. Ally's eyes widened when she saw Ben, and she rushed straight to him. They hugged for a good minute, making up for lost time.

Martin was paying music from his laptop, and everyone was just having a good time, just like Ally would have wanted.

"Vic, did you bring the cake?" I ask my sister, and she nods.

"It's in the car, should I get it?" She asks, and before I could answer, she was headed to the parking lot with Dan. Ally and Ben walked towards me, Ally smiling as bright as ever.

"Thank you for inviting Ben!" Ally giggles as she gives me a kiss.

"Anything for you, my love. I didn't want to make this too big of a deal, so I only invited the losers." I say, and she giggles.

"Hey, I heard that mate!" Daniel says from behind me, setting down the cake on a table. He grins, and Ally gives him a hug, thanking him for coming.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Ally-cat. Happy birthday." He says to her. I see the perfect opportunity, and start with the birthday toast.

"Allison Carling, you are one of the best people in my life. I wouldn't trade you for a million podium finishes, even if it means I get to beat this guy." I say, and everybody let's out a chuckle.

"I'm so glad I get to spend my days with you, and that you let me into your heart. This adventure has only just begun, and I tell you, we are going places, you and I. You are there most wonderful being in this world, and I love you always." I finish, and I hear a collective "awww" from our friends.

"And I got you a little something, it's down by the parking lot, so happy birthday Ally!" I say and everyone cheers. Eager to see what it is, Ally and Vic walk to the side of the boat.  When she sees it, Ally's mouth drops open.

"You didn't!" She exclaims, eyes wide.

"Ooh but I did." I smirk, and she runs up to me, jumping into my arms.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank youuuuuuu!" She yells, smiling from ear to ear.

"You're welcome babe, now you get to drive." I smirk, and we both look down at her new present.