A Move And A Celebration

Max

"Where can I put this one down, Ally?" I grunt, heaving one of her brush boxes up the stairs. She points to the corner where her desk is standing under the portraits of her parents. Mila is already sitting there, sorting Ally's paints from one another.

"This is so much work." Ally pants, leaning against me. We look around, admiring our haphazard work. Boxes were still standing around, being sorted through. One huge wall cabinet was half full of Ally's paint, the rest being sorted by Mila. The wall near the stairs had three different sized easels leaning against it quite comfortably.

"We still have two more boxes down stairs by the van, let's go." Ally pulls me toward the stairs and I gladly follow.

We race each other to the front of the gallery, and I beat her by almost a stride.

"It's not fair, you had a head start!" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"No, you're just really short." I smile, leaning in to kiss my girl. She cups my face, pulling me closer into the kiss, filled with sparks. She pulls away, smiling sheepishly.

"Let's not get carried away, Romeo, first one to the top wins!" She exclaims grabbing the smaller box and heads running for the door, leaving me grinning like an idiot. I pick up the larger box, looking up towards her studio window, only to see Mila gazing down at me...

I look away, quickly heading into the building. When I get up the stairs, Ally is sitting with her friend, quickly packing away the many tubes and bottles of paint.

"That's about it for today, I'm officially moved in." Ally grins, and Mila starts clapping her hands.

"This calls for celebration." Mila beams, glancing my way.

"Sorry to disappoint, but tonight I'm taking my girl out to dinner, but she'll catch up with you again tomorrow." I say to Mila, and her smile fades.

"I didn't know we had dinner plans?" Ally asks, eyes widened.

"If you knew, it wouldn't be a surprise. Let's go home and get ready." I say, pulling Ally up from where she was sitting cross legged.

"Thanks for helping today, Mils. I'll see you tomorrow, then we can sort the brushes, yeah?" Ally asks, and Mila nods vigorously. The three of us walk to the door, and part ways as Ally and I get into my car.

"I'm going to have to get my own car, you can't drive me all the time!" Ally roll her eyes as we pull away.

"You barely even drive, Als." I laugh, resting my hand on her lower thigh. She plays her music, a new Ed Sheeran song called How Would You Feel, all the way until we stop at our building.

"So where are we going tonight?" She asks excitedly as we head up home with the elevator. I grin, avoiding her curious gaze.

"To the best view in Monaco. Joël Robuchon." I say, and her eyes twinkle.

We head into the apartment, and our pups are all over us. Ally picks Picasso up, sitting down on the couch.

"They have a five star rating, what's the special occasion?" She asks, suspicion written all over her face. If sit down across from her, with Senna resting his head on my knees.

"Well, I thought we could do something special for our five month anniversary... I love odd numbers." I smirk, and her whole faces flushes red.

"Has it been five months? It literally feels like days being here with you." She laughs at me, her smile melting my heart.

"Oh my god, if we are going there, we better dress the part. I think I'll wear my white dress again?" Ally asks as if to get my permission.

"Actually, there's something for you on the bed..." I trail off, and she jumps right off the couch, leaving Picasso wondering what just happened. From within our room, I hear her shriek, and she runs back to me, with her new dress.

"Max! This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!" She exclaims, brimming with happiness. She holds the golden dress up to hey slender body, the gold shimmer bringing out her eyes.

You're welcome. Now go get ready, tonight we celebrate." I instruct her, and with a peck on the lips, she disappears into her old bathroom. I've decided to wear a simple cut black tux with a crisp white shirt, because classy was never out of style.

I went to our bathroom, taking a quick shower, doing my hair, and eventually getting dressed. I look in the mirror one last time, just as Ally walks through the door.

The golden dress was clinging to her curves, showing off her beautiful legs, and had a deep neckline. Her hair was fixed in a long ponytail, and she took my breath away.

You look... There are no words." I whisper, and she blushes.

"Come on, I've been unpacking boxes the whole day, I'm starving!" She grins at me, and I don't even hesitate before following her to the door.

************************

"A toast to my beautiful girlfriend. The strongest, most amazing person in my life, who sometimes can be such a pain in my ass." I joke, and Ally giggles loudly. Her cheeks were flushed, probably because we both drank too much.

"To Emma's Brush, to Senna and to Picasso." I finish, before I down the drink.

"Hey it's my turnnnn." Ally accentuates the word, smiling lazily at me. I hand the glass to her, and she clears her throat.

"To my boyfriend, who is the love of my life, and the most bad ass person in the world." She smirks at me before continuing. "You've supported me, and I've really pushed you to the limit, but you always say #KeepPushing." She laughs at her joke, and I chuckle along. She downs her drink, and leans over to me.

"Let's get out of here, and have the real celebration at our place." She whispers in my ear, ending it with a wink.

We were out of there before I could say Bad Toast Speech.

The drive back home was hilarious, with Ally laughing and telling the lamest jokes, both of us laughing just because it's lame. We got into the elevator, and Ally stared at me for a really long time.

"You know, you've never seen me naked-naked." Ally narrowed her eyes, still staring at me. My brain started working over time, and suddenly we were kissing. I pressed her us against the wall, kissing her hard. As the door slid open, she threw her legs around my waist, and I carried her to the couch, never once breaking the kiss.

At that moment, her lips tasted like wine, and I wanted to get drunk.