A Daniel And A His/Hers

Max

Just as I open the door, the dark haired aussie storms right passed me, depositing his bags on the floor. He pulls me into a bear hug, patting my back.

"Long time no see, teammate." Daniel beams, his white teeth almost blinding.

"Daniel, I saw you last week." I sigh, grinning at my teammate. Daniel notices Ally coming down the hall, and he runs over to her, picking her up and spinning her around.

"Good to see you too, Dan." Ally laughs when he sets her down. When she stands next to Daniel, I see her being dwarfed by his massive frame. She's lost weight.

"Let me show you your room." Ally leads Daniel down the hallway.

"Oh yeah, Max, the package is by the door." Daniel informs me, before following Ally to his room. I rush to the door, looking at the carrier stashed behind it. I open it,  taking out the dachshund puppy and cradling it in my arms. I close the door, sitting down on the sofa with the newest Verstappen addition. Senna jumps up, sniffing at the spotted bundle in my arms.

Ally walks in the room, freezing at the sight of the puppy.

"Is that...?" The question hangs in the air, and Daniel joins us.

"It's a pupehhhhh." Daniel yells, scooting up next to Senna, looking at the puppy. Ally squeezes in next to me, her eyes still wide.

"You got us another dog?" Her smile is almost radiant. I nod.

"Seeing that you have a racing affiliated dog, I decided we need an art affiliated one too." I explain, and I see Daniel getting confused by the statement.

The puppy was a dapple dachshund, with one blue and one brown eye, he stared up at Senna, trying his best at a bark.

"His fur looks like it's been done by Picasso." Ally giggles as she picks up the puppy, cradling it like a baby.

"Hey, that's an alright name for the pup!" Daniel exclaims, and both Ally and I turn to him.

"Picasso... I like it." I say, smiling back at Ally.

"I love him." She says, her eyes focused on the drowsy puppy, a small smile painted on her lips. It made my heart skip a beat.

"I thought we're going sailing this afternoon?" Daniel announces, staring at the harbor from my balcony. I see Ally's amused face.

"We're going sailing?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.

"Technically... We are going to be residing on a boat, and boat is going to be moving on open ocean waters..." I try to sugar coat it, but Ally just laughs.

"I'll ask Sierra to dog-sit." She winks at me before placing Picasso down next to Senna, who is already in big-brother mode.

"Hey Daniel, first one in their swimwear wins!" Ally announces before sprinting to our room, with Daniel trailing right behind her, shouting that she had a unfair head start. I also follow Ally to our room, opening the door to see her half naked next to the wardrobe.

"Max, oh my word!" she yells, grabbing the nearest piece of clothing to cover her chest. I immediately spin around, starting to laugh.

"I'm so sorry baby, I wasn't thinking." I apologize sheepishly through my laughter.

"Yeah, you were hoping." She giggles. I hear her continuing to dress, and before long I could turn around.

"Okay, I'm phoning Sierra, you get dressed." She instructs, and I pull her in for a kiss.

"I love it when you're bossy." I smile cheekily at her, and she blushes.

"I love it when you love me." She answers before pulling away and heading for the door, leaving me alone in the room. I quickly throw on my swimming shorts with a gray shirt and my favourite Red Bull cap. I walk back out to the living room to join Ally and Daniel, who are currently fighting over who was finished first.

"Excuse me ladies, can we go now?" I tease, and they both glare at me.

This is going to be a fun weekend.

********************************

"I could get used to this." Daniel mumbles as the pretty waitress hands him another drink. She smiles at him before walking away with a inviting swing of the hips.

"Why don't you let loose for once? It's been two months since you and Jasmin split up, live a little." I encourage my teammate, who is staring after the pretty girl.

"I can't do it mate. Jasmin was my everything, I still miss her." A frown sets in his eyes, and I look back at Ally. She's sitting with the Captain's young daughter, braiding the little girl's hair. They laugh and make jokes, and I feel relieved seeing Ally happy.

"Ally is a keeper Max. She's changed you, but in all the right ways. She's your polar opposite, and I swear to god if you hurt her, I will accidentally murder you." Daniel casually says to me, and I almost fall off my chair laughing. He chuckles along, his white teeth blinding in the sun.

"I love her to death, Dan. I'm only 19, and I don't know much about the world, but I know that if I let her go, I will never be able to replace her. She's a beautiful mess. But she's my beautiful mess." I say quietly to him as Ally approaches us.

"I hope I can have what you guys have." Daniel answered with a jealous smile.

"And what will that be, two dogs and no life?" Ally asks giggling, sitting across from us. From behind her, I could see the sparkling blue water of the ocean. Daniel and I look at each other, the same thought crossing our mind. We both get up, walking towards Ally.

"Wait what are yo... " We cut her off by suddenly scooping her up, carrying her to the railings.

"Guys nooo, I will kill you if you throw me overboard!" She squeals, trying her best to break free. Dan tightens his grip around her legs, laughing loudly.

"We thought you could use a bit cooling down." He chuckles.

"Any last words?" I ask, and she glares at me.

"I know where you live." She threatens.

"Lady overboard!" I yell as Daniel and I tip her over the rails. She corrects her position mid air, diving perfectly into the crystal clear water. Daniel and I waste no time, tugging off our shirts and diving into the water after her.

When I resurface, I see Ally floating beside me with an outrageous smile. She swims towards me, leaning in to kiss me. Just before our lips meet, I feel a powerful hand pushing us both underneath the water. When we get back up, Daniel was grinning like an idiot.

"No kissing in the water." He grins and Ally tries to wrestle him. We end up wrestling and having fun, and even watching the sun set over the water's horizon.