A Torture Session And A Skype Call

Max

I wake up to the sight of Senna sitting on Ally's side of the bed, staring at me. He lies back down, resting his head on my legs.

''Goedenmorgen, Senna.'' I greet the dog with a smile, but he doesn't react. I should probably teach him Dutch first...

''Hey, wake up sleepy head!'' I yell in english, and he wags his tail. That's better. I get out of bed, walking to the kitchen to get some coffee and feed Senna. He eagerly eats the left over pizza I give him, whilst I sip my coffee, and try to text Ally.

Max: Good morning beautiful. How r things?

Ally: Hiii, I really mis u. it's hard, seeing the lawyer today..

Max: So soon??

Ally: it's medical stuff.. my mom has to sign DNR papers, it's how she wants it

Max: DNR??

Ally: OMW we watched Greys Anatomy together

Ally: It's the papers that Denny Diquet signed

Ally: It says that if she dies, they should not try to bring her back.

Max: Ohhhhhh, those papers Izzy ignored?

Ally: Exactly, my brainiac.

Ally: How's training?

Max: Jake is coming over, torture is starting today

Ally: If you die, let Jake look after Senna

Max: That's a bit harsh :(

Ally: Then don't die. Making a will is hard, trust me, I know.

Max: I'll never leave u.

Max: U know that.

Ally: I know..

Max: How are you holding up baby

Ally: I'm not, my mum is keeping me together

Ally: Which is funny because that's my job

Ally: You should hear her death jokes

Ally: They are god awful.

Max: She's joking about death?

Ally: her way of handling it, she's doing pretty good, making peace and all that.

Max: That's good, baby x

Ally: Have to go , lawyer is here.

Ally: Love you.

Max: Love you more.

I put my phone down, looking back at where Senna is laying on the sofa. I really miss having Ally around, and I'm sure he does too. It's only been a week, and Ally isn't coming home until her mother... I don't even want to say it. Just as put my cup in the sink, there's a knock on my door.

Jake is here.

I open the door, letting Jake pass with his gym kit and his gym bag. Today is going to be hard.

''Good morning, champ. How's everything?'' He asks, smiling broadly. I wish I could smile that way.

''Things are okay, I just wish I could be with Ally, but with the unveiling in a few days, and season almost starting, I can't be there.'' I sigh, walking with Jake out to the balcony. He starts setting up, and we are silent for a few moments.

''When is she coming back?'' He asks without looking up. I sigh, barely being able to an the words out loud.

''When her mother dies, Jake... She only has a month or so left.'' I say, feeling my heart break. I really like Ally's mom, and I still can't believe this is happening. Jake walks towards me, resting his hand on my shoulder.