A Flight And A Lonely Hotel Room

Max

I'm sitting at the desk in my hotel room, busy on my laptop. The promo office sent me an email about some Team Red Bull gear I need to sign for the online shop, and they need it asap. I sigh as I think of all the signing my poor hand is going to have to do.

I hear a stirring from the bedroom, and glance towards the bed, only to see a disheveled and confused Ally. Her dark hair was falling loosely over her shoulders, and her gray eyes were piercing. She had on one of my Red Bull team t-shirts, and even barely awake, she looked amazing.

"Hi, Miss Ally, slept well?" I ask casually, and she narrows her eyes.

"Where are we. And why am I in other clothes.. Oh my god, did you undress me?!" Ally looked at me, then looked back at the bed she was sitting up in. Her eyes grew with shock.

"Did we.. Did you.. Were we together.. In this bed?" She looks up at me, embarrassed.

"First of all, we're in my hotel room. You undressed yourself and you stole my shirt. And no, I slept on the couch over there." I say in one breath, pointing to the couch in the living area.

She covers her face with her hands, and she looks soo cute. I walk to the edge of the bed, and sit down on it.

"I already let your mom know you're safe- your phone was unlocked. And I ordered breakfast, because I'm starvin' Marvin." I say, and Ally starts to giggle.

"How long have you been up?" She asks, stretching out against the pillows.

"Since 5:30. I train every morning, comes with the job." I say, while grinning.

"Okay Verstappen, so what happened last night? I only remember.. The glowing drink. That was so cool, my brain melted." Ally recalls.

"Ah, not much... We had fun, and Harry Styles almost pulled a pervert on you." We both started laughing.

"Oh, I remember. You called me babe, and kissed me right after that. Well, you kissed my hair, I think." Ally says, and she pretends to think hard.

I start to blush, and I crawl closer to her over the bed.

"I couldn't help it... It's just that your hair smelled of strawberries and cream. I'm hooked." I say, suddenly pulling her closer to me, mock smelling her hair. As I pull her closer, the covers shift, and I see the top of her thighs.

'Keep it cool, Max.' I mentally say to myself.

She lays her head on my chest, her curly hair framing her slender body.

"So what's our plans for the day?" She asks me as we both stare at the city life outside the bedroom window.

"Uhh.. Actually Ally, I have a flight to Holland in 3 hours." I say, looking away to the ceiling.

She props herself up on her elbow, and stares at me intently. I lock my eyes on hers, and for a moment I get lost.

"So this is a one-night stand, but also not." Ally said, narrowing her eyes.

"Am I going to see you again?" She asks. There's something in her voice, but I can't quite place it. Sadness? Loneliness?

"Oh ofcourse Ally, you're my favourite sarcastic person ever. I can't just walk away from that, can I? I really enjoy your company, and that's why I'm going to ask you to join me on a yacht party in a week's time." I study her face before continuing.

"It's in Monaco, so for the weekend we can stay at my apartment, but that's only if you really want to. No pressure." I finish by holding her hand, and she laced her fingers with mine.

"How do I know you're not a pervert?" Ally says with a mock sad face, and we both burst out with laughter. Her laugh is soft, and contagious. Never have I heard something so sweet.

"I promise Ally, you'll have your space, and I'll have mine. I just want you there with me." I still hold on to her hand.

"I'll talk to my mum, and let you know. But I'd love to go, especially if Daniel is going. That guy cracks my uppp!" Ally states matter-of-factly. We both smile like idiots.

"Okay deal." I say.

"Deal." Ally says, before getting up and walking to the kitchen. The shirt stops mid-thigh, showing off her amazing legs. I can't help but stare, this girl is out of this world.

In the kitchen, the breakfast table is laid with all sorts of delicious treats. Ally grabs two plates, and start filling them. She climbs back into bed and hands me my plate.

"Hey, why is mine fuller?" I ask, laughing.

Ally shakes her head and giggles.

"You're bigger than me, obviously." She points at me with her fork and smiles.

"So tell me, what is Ally short for, except Alien?" I ask her, eating a pancake with bacon on it.

"Allison. My grandmother's name." she says nonchalantly. "And Max?" she asks.

"It's Max Emillian. It's like a name for a warrior like Maximus. Name of kings and so on." I say, and Ally nods her head approvingly.

"I like it. I like it a lot." Ally smiles.

"I like you a lot." I wink at her, and she almost chokes on a grape.

"Stop being so cute, I can only handle so much, jeeez." She blushes furiously.

After we finish breakfast, Ally takes a shower and puts on her dress of last night. In the daylight, it looks even better on her, the dark material contrasting with her pale skin. She walks over to desk I'm sitting at, and looks at me.

"My mother is probably worried about me. I should go." She says quietly.

I look up at her, and I see the sadness pooling up in her gray eyes. Before I can say anything, she continues.

"I'll get a cab downstairs, no need to bother with taking me home." She looks around the room.

"You still have to pack, and you only have an hour left. So this is my que okay? Please text me when you're safe, and with your family?" she finishes, and I hug her tightly.

"You are so stubborn, you know. I'll text your head off, don't you worry." I say, and she looks relieved.

She takes her bag and heads toward the door. With a wave, she closes the door, and loneliness hits me in the big hotel room.

Am I dodging a bullet, or am I possibly loosing the love of my life?