Fighting with Ivar.

You walked together with Ubbe in the darkness. The village except a few guards had went to sleep. You quickly thanked Ubbe for his help before you went separated ways. Ivar and your hut were completely dark and silent. You quickly thanked the gods before entering.

Suddenly a small fire ignited and your eyes met the familiar icy blue ones. A scream almost left your lips when you saw Ivar sitting there. You placed your hand over your heart before trying to calm your breathing.

"Why are your awake?" You carefully asked. Ivar didn't answer. Instead he kept silent and continued to look at you. You tried to read his expression. It was bitter and sour. Nothing really out of the ordinary when it came to Ivar but he usually smiled when you were together.

"Ivar,-"

"What were you doing out so late with my brother huh?" Ivar finally spoke as he cut you off. He crossed his arms over his chest as he raised his left brow.

"I was just getting some fresh air. I couldn't sleep-" You answered but he snorted.

"Don't lie to me y/n," He said as his expression grew stone cold. "Are you enjoying it?" He asked suddenly and you only frowned.

"Enjoying what?" You answered as you felt your temper shorten. An evil smile spread across Ivar's lips.

"Sleeping with my brother behind my back?" He said and it felt like my eyes were about to pop out from their sockets. How could he think so low of you. You had done nothing but shown your true love for Ivar. You had fallen for Ivar since the first time you laid your eyes on him. His beautiful features. Plump pink lips, blue eyes and broad shoulder. Even though his extremely short temper and cynical mind you loved him.

"Are you kidding me Ivar?!" You yelled at him. You felt anger spread through your body like venom. Your jaw tensed as well as his. He slammed his fist onto the small wooden table.

"Don't lie to me. You are always sneaking into the house late at night when you think I'm asleep. I've seen you and Ubbe leave into the woods every night and the looks you give each other." Ivar yelled loudly. I didn't care about the village hearing. His words stung like fire and your heart broke.

"You pig, Ivar! May Thor strike you dead!" You yelled loudly before rushing out from the hut. Tears streamed down your cheeks and you quickly wiped them away. You quicken your pace as you rushed towards your horse. Jumping up on the back quickly you saw Aslaug peaking out from her hut as Ubbe, Hvitserk and Björn were outside to watch the commotion.

"Yeah, just leave y/n! You're a fücking disgusting coward!" Ivar yelled as he had crawled out from the hut. You ignored his rude words as you rode towards the woods. Quickly speeding up as your got further away.

Ivar however didn't care if his words hurt. You had betrayed him and soon his eyes landed on his brothers who frowned he felt the anger pump through his veins faster. His eyes shot daggers at Ubbe who looked clueless.

"What are you looking at!" Ivar yelled before crawling back into his hut. Björn, the second closest to you out of Ivar's brothers had jumped onto his horse before riding after you. He knew Ivar was way to stubborn to change his mind about whatever had happened between the two of you. While Björn disappeared into the dark woods, Ubbe had decided to check on his ranging little brother. Before he could even knock Ivar's angry voice was heard.

"Don't even try Ubbe. Go. Away!" Ivar yelled causing Ubbe to roll his eyes before entering. Ivar was seated on a smaller chair next to the burning fire in the middle of the room. Ubbe sat down while Ivar gave him an angry yet disgusted look before looking back at the fire.

"Are you happy now huh? You had to ruin our relationship? Only because you share your girlfriend with everyone doesn't mean I do," Ivar's voice were deep and filled with venom.

"What are you talking about?" Ubbe asked and a slight pissed off tone could be heard. "You mean what you have ruined between the two of you?" Ubbe asked back and Ivar snorted.

"My fault huh? Why's that? Because I'm a cripple? Is it my fault that I might not be able to please her the way you can who's not a cripple?" Ivar spat back at him and Ubbe snorted back.

"Don't play that cripple card every single time you hit a bump in the road Ivar. Y/n she loves you very much. There's nothing between the two of us if it's what you believe." Ubbe said as he looked Ivar straight in the eyes.

"You know nothing-" Ubbe interrupted Ivar.

"I know shit Ivar and let me speak. There's a reason why y/n and I have been sneaking into the woods it's because she wanted me to help her train," Ubbe said and held up his finger. Ubbes body were tired from the late nights with you training different combat techniques with swords, bow and axe.

"Why would she train with you when I've offered to help her?" Ivar asked while thinking that you had to be stupid and very childish for not training with him. He was the best at different combat techniques and you knew that, hence everyone probably knew that. 

"Because she wants to impress you Ivar. She wants you to admire her and not see her as weak," Ubbe mumbled before standing up. Ivar frowned at his words. He truly admired you for the inner strength you had. Ivar knew he wasn't the easiest person to love but you did. His constant cynical mind that taunted him but you were always there to cheer him up and kept on pushing him to higher levels. Maybe he needed to do the same to you.

"But I guess now when you have faced everything up you'll probably never see the incredible talent she has, little brother." Ubbe said before leaving Ivar alone in his hut.