Unknown pregnancy

this is very long, really got into it.

not edited sorry. and sorry for being absent.

+

Ragnar laid down on his bed and his youngest son Ivar was sitting on a chair silent next to him. His min was filled with ideas and potential outcomes to each and every one of them. Pain had flowed through his veins for years, in the beginning he thought that the pain would slowly turn numb as he grew custom to it, yet it never happened. He still felt pain whenever he moved. He knew he didn't have a lot of time left.

He had hopes when he one early morning left the comfort of his bed, rode out deep into the forest to a smaller hut that his pain would disappear. It did, for a short amount of time. Y/n lived in the hut, he had stumbled upon her when she had visited the market place in his village. Since he didn't recognize her, her got intrigued by her. She was younger than him, years separated them yet she almost had the same amount of knowledge as him if not more.

Ragnar had spoke to her the second time she visited the village, she had told him she was indeed a healer. When she had saw how much pain he was in she had offered to help him and that he was welcome to visit her hut in the forest whenever he felt like it. Ragnar had thanked her for her generosity, it felt genuine, like she wasn't begging for the great Ragnar Lothbrok, the worlds most dangerous man to sleep with her. She wanted to help him because she didn't like to see people in pain and he was no excuse.

That night he rode into the forest the pain had almost been unbearable, he was almost certain that he would've died and his minutes were numbered. Yet he managed to leave the warm bed beside his wife Aslaug and ride deep into the forest. He almost missed the hut, no candle were lit yet he could feel the smell of put out fire lingering in the air, being his compass.

Y/n's eyes had been wide when he almost fell through the door when she opened it, only dressed in a thin and old nightgown. She had quickly helped him inside, lit a fire before examined him. She gave him some herbs. His eyes had been glued on her every moved through the night and before both they knew it, with a thick tension in the air, he had been thrusting his manhood deep into her over and over until the sun decided to bless them with its presence. When he left her that morning he didn't know if it was because of her or the herbs he didn't felt any pain flow through his body.

"Ivar, both you and me know that I won't be breathing for long. The gods are waiting for me in Valhalla, but I need you to do me a favor," Ragnar spoke as he remembered when he a few weeks after that night returned to the hut in the forest for more herbs or just to enjoy her presence, to hopefully feel nothing remotely close to pain again. Y/n's eyes had been wide, as a hand quickly place itself over her smaller bump on her stomach. His eyes had been wide when he knew was slowly grew in her stomach. Ragnar closer his eyes when he remembered the pained memory of him being angry with her, she was indeed carrying his child yet he felt disappointed. Both of them knew how sick he was and he didn't want more children to lose him as a father when he died. He already had five of them at home.

Y/n had screamed and cursed after him as well as throwing things after him as he rode away, saying a final goodbye before never returning again. Her cries had almost echoed through the forest and actual tears had formed in his eyes. He didn't know why, he didn't hadn't know the woman for ages, he had only met her four times yet he had felt something too delicate those four times he hadn't felt for a long time.

"I need you to travel into the forest, find a hut out there and the owner is Y/n. She's a healer, a beautiful woman and she should be pregnant still," Ragnar told his son, opening his eyes to look at those familiar blue eyes he had passed down to one of his many heirs. "She's pregnant with your sibling and I need you to help her raise that child to be the father figure it needs," He continued before closing his eyes again from the pain.