Mourning with your brothers.

a/n: requested.

+

Water welled in your eyes as you looked at you mother. She was surrounded with flowers as she was placed in the middle of a bed. People were standing around her, watching her as she was about to be sent off sea. You looked at Lagertha who stood with an unreadable expression on her face. You quickly looked away as you felt rage fill your body and your stomach twisted.

Ivar sat on the ground by your feet, Hvitserk stood on your left, Sigurd on your right and Ubbe stood behind you. Your brothers. They were everything you had left. Not only did your mother got killed, no, Ivar had came back from England and told us King Aella had killed our father with King Ecbert's help.

A shaky breath left your lips as you looked at you mother once again. How peaceful her face was and you felt a hand place itself on you shoulder. You quickly looked over your shoulder and saw Ubbe. He gave your shoulder a squeeze.

People came walking towards your mother with their hands with flowers, gold, axes and bowls filled with different kind of gifts. They neatly placed everything around her before they placed the huge horse head by her feet.

Ubbe still held his hand on your shoulder as the large crowed move towards the shore. They placed the large bed with our mother in the water and they pushed her away. She slowly floated out in the open sea under lit torches. You avoided looking at Torvi as she lit the arrows, preparing to sink our mother.

I placed my hand on Ivar's shoulder and gave him a squeeze and he soon placed on of his hands on yours. Hvitserk and Sigurds placed their arms around your body as all of you watched your mother slipping away. Burning arrows were shot at the boat and soon your mother were covered by the flames. You closed eyes and a tear slowly fell from your eyes.

When your mother was out of sight you pulled your brothers into a bit hug. You needed them close, despised their usual nagging on each other and towards you. It felt nice to feel the love between you and your brothers. As you pulled apart your eyes met Lagertha's who stood with Torvi and Astrid. Your jaw clenched as you were sure your gaze shot daggers at all of them.

You were a shield maiden. You had always fought with your brothers and you father had treated you like one of them. Lagertha had trained you and let you train with the other shield maidens. You had looked up to that woman because she was an incredibly strong woman and a skilled shield maiden.

You had early memories of watching her when you were a small child. How amazing you thought she was when she trained. However all that had disappeared. She went behind your back and made dust of all the faith and loyalty you had towards her.

After taking a smaller walk through the woods alone you had managed to anger yourself. A lot. Without hesitation you walked with determined steps towards the great hall. Your heart beating heavy in your chest. When you walked inside you saw Lagertha sitting at your mothers seat, the throne. Astrid stood beside her as well as Torvi.

All your brothers accept for Ivar stood inside as well as a few other. It felt like they could see the anger oozing out of your pores.

"Are you happy now?!" You yelled at Lagertha. Your brothers eyes widen at the tone in your voice.

"What do you mean?" Lagertha asked. Your felt your body shake from anger.

"I looked up to you Lagertha. You promised me that one time you taught me how to fight that you always would be there for me and back me up, to never cause me pain. Yet you did exactly the opposite. You killed our mother," You started and tears welled up in your eyes. Lagertha opened her mouth to speak but you ignored her.

"Or no you didn't, you made Torvi do it because you're a coward!" You yelled and walked towards Lagertha in full speed. "You're a disgusting coward Lagertha!" You yelled once more and were about to reach out for her when Astrid stepped in-between with an axe before your brother pulled you away.

"Sister, calm down," Ubbe mumbled as they dragged you towards the door. However your mind and body had other plans. You managed to get out from their grip and run towards her once more. Astrid raised her axe ready to strike.

"You're dead Lagertha, you hear that. You're dead!" You screamed and you failed once again when your brothers lifted you from the ground. On the other hand you spit in her direction and kicked with your legs, still trying. Astrid looked mad as he walked towards you.

"Astrid!" Lagertha said and she stopped. Lagertha simply shook her head at the black haired girl as you got carried outside.

"Let go of me, I almost got her!" You growled at your brother who ignored you as they walked you to your hut in the woods.

They let go of you inside the hut and your anger turned into sadness. Tears fell from your eyes, more than you wanted to but you couldn't control it. You knew you mother would want you to be strong, and your father.

When you turned around you only looked at your brothers they all looked at you with compassion before pulling you inside a big hug. Your tears didn't stop pouring down you cheeks as them held you close.

"What do you say about we all sleep here tonight? Just like the old days." Ubbe asked and you nodded.

The night had arrived and you were seated at the large table in the hut. Margrethe had made all of us food that we had enjoyed. Torches were lit as well as the fire. You felt a lot better now after calming down for you melt down with Lagertha. You brothers were always there to cheer you up.

"Did she really say that?" Ivar asked and he looked at you with a wide smile.

"Yes, if we hadn't been there Astrid had probably killed her," Hvitserk said and you rolled her eyes. Ivar placed his arm around your shoulder and hugged you.

"Or if Björn was here, he'd been all protective of his mother. Like always," Hvitserk mumbled under his breath.

"Just like Y/n," Ivar said and you smiled at him. 

+

I made this a combo request. Both dead parents and having the younger brothers as siblings. Had a lot do to these past days and I got some writers block when I wanted to please you guys. I hope you like it anyways! :)

Hope you had a great easter everyone. x