Scarred.

a/n: requested.

+

Ivar had been sitting by the water when his brothers were swimming. Ubbe left to meet Margarethe and Ivar decided to take a longer way home through the woods. As he crawled he heard loud pantings which made him stop in his tracks. He hid behind a tree when he saw someone ran towards him. He saw uneven short hair blowing in the wind and as he squinted his eyes he though he saw a boy running what seemed for his life.

His jaw dropped slightly when he saw it wasn't a boy, it was a young woman with her ugly hair, dirty skin and old torn clothing. Her pace got slower before she stopped. He carefully crawled closer but increased his speed as she collapsed onto the ground.

When he was beside her his eyes widen. Her face looked tired, dark circles around her eyes, fine lines more visible but she didn't seem old. Pink plump lips with a cut and his eyes continued to roam her body. Her full chest was covered in the shirt with large holes but his nose scrunched up in disgust when he felt the smell radiating from her body. His eyes widen he saw scars on her skin.

Ivar bit the inside of his cheek when he started to crawl back towards the village but stopped when he could hear a strangled exhale and a whisper. He turned around and looked at her again. Slowly crawling closer to her, he saw her eyes slightly opened as sounds came from her dry throat.

"Help me," He mumbled weakly and Ivar looked around the woods. He quickly crawled away and her silent weak cries faded as he needed to find Floki. He would be the only one to help him without potentially hitting on her. Ubbe and Björn would only scold him for being reckless, Hvitserk flirted with everything that moved and he wouldn't ask Sigurd.

Floki had carried her to Ivar's cabin. He had asked slaves to fill a warm bath, bring a plate of food and a cup of mead. He had almost forced her to eat and drink after Floki had put her in the bath. Servants had cleaned her body and Ivar looked at her body and he saw more scars on her body. When she was cleaned they dressed her in a dress before placing her on the bed.

It was almost hypnotic as he saw her chest rise and sink as she breathed. He soon fell asleep with a knife close by if the stranger would throw a fit.

When his eyes shot up he saw her still sleeping on the bed. Light made it's way thought the cracks of the cabin as he looked at her. She had turned around to face him. Her expression was relaxed and her hair had were in a small bun. He didn't want to wake her up when he thought what her state was in when he found her but he had to know who she was.

Before he could do anything her eyes opened slowly. Her eyes shot up quickly but Ivar held out his hand as he hushed her.

"You're safe," Ivar said and her eyes was still wide.

"Where am I?" She asked, her voice hoarse as her eyes roamed around the room.

"Kattegat in Ragnar Lothbrok's kingdom, my fathers," Ivar said and her eyes was still wide. "Where are you from?" He asked and she bit her lip.

"A smaller village outside Hedeby," She said and he nodded.

"I can arrange a horse to take you home," Ivar said but she quickly shook her head.

"Please by the gods no, I-I can't go back there," She pleaded and he frowned. "I c-can't he's going to kill me if I return," She said quietly and his eyes widen.

"Who?"

"My owner," She said and her body started to tremble a bit.

"Did he give you those scars?" He asked as she tugged at the long sleeves of her dress. She was thankful that the dress covered her body. She nodded as water welled up in her eyes.