Hvitserk the stay at home father

a/n: sorry for the wait

+

Hvitserk sat with heavy eyes on the end of the bed with his screaming daughter in his arms. It had almost been a half an hour of screaming. His two sons, Erik and Torbjörn, refused to be quiet as they played which didn't help the tired crying Saga in his arms. Hvitserk groaned when he looked at his sons.

"Erik, stop pulling at your brothers hair!" Hvitserk scolded his youngest son who didn't listen. Instead he continued to annoy his brother while laughing and kept his baby sister awake. She was almost two years old who had the same fiery temper as her mother.

"Erik now!" Hvitserk now yelled and Saga continued to cry in his arms. Hvitserk couldn't help but to curse at the gods and his wife for leaving him alone when she had decided to go hunting with Ubbe and Björn. It was good for her to leave the house and for him to be with his children, Y/n, his wife had told him yesterday. Since Y/n was going out hunting Saga had awoken at the same time early this morning and was now very tired.

Hvitserk had been arguing with Y/n about a week ago when Ubbe had kindly taken the kids out with him and his wife for some fishing. Y/n had been complaining about him never being home when he wasn't on raids. She had missed being with him and his brothers hunting, training and simply just being free.

"Erik, listen to your father and take your brother outside!" Hvitserk scolded and the blond haired boy looked at his father with big eyes as he slowly let go of his older brother. Erik nodded and ran outside with Torbjörn hot on his heels. "Don't go further than I can see you okay!" Hvitserk yelled after the boys who had found their sticks and fought each other with playful sparks in their eyes.

Hvitserk let out a sigh when it was quiet enough to make his daughter fall asleep. Standing up with his daughter on his hip he started to pace slowly back and forth as he carefully bounced his child on his hip.

"Shh baby... I know you're tired," Hvitserk mumbled against Saga's forehead before placing a gentle kiss there. The baby just screamed in response. "So am I baby, so am I," He continued as the girl in his embrace slowly started to relax. After about fifteen minutes Saga was sleeping peacefully in his embrace.

Slowly and carefully he placed her in her bed before waking outside to join his sons. The door was open so he could hear if Saga woke up.

"Join us father!" Torbjörn said cheerfully and Erik nodded equally enthusiastically. Even if Hvitserk was extremely tired he wouldn't turn his sons down. Their cheerful mood and happiness always stained his own mood. Hvitserk took a stick of his own and then joined his sons.

He didn't know how long he had been fighting his sons and how much he had laughed but it didn't matter. The smiles on his sons faces ment everything to him. Erik chuckled as he roughly yet gently placed his stick between his fathers arm and chest, "killing" him. Hvitserk looked at his sons with a dramatically expression before falling onto his knees then falling onto his side to then roll onto his back. His sons laughed at first but when their father didn't move they got worried.

"Father, you can die. We were only playing right?" Erik mumbled sadly as Torbjörn poked at him with his stick. When Hvitserk didn't move tears welled up in the youngest sons eyes. "Father!" He demanded through tears. Hvitserk soon smiled and opened one eye to look at his sons.

"Father!" Erik now said with joy lingering in his voice before hugging him. Hvitserk embraced his sons.

"What does my little men say about some dinner?" Hvitserk said as he quickly looked at the woods to see if his wife and brothers would walk out from it, but nothing.

"Yes I'm so hungry I want to eat a whole chicken," Erik said and his brother agreed.

"Yeah and some potatoes," Torbjörn said as Hvitserk laughed when he walked inside the hut with his sons. Saga was still asleep but he knew she wouldn't for much longer with his sons inside. Hvitserk fixed the fire which was about to die out any moment so they could fix something to eat.

Even if he was a prince, even the prince of Ragnar Lothbrok and could get anything he wanted to his wife liked the thought of cooking at home. She wanted to teach their children that everything in life won't come to you, you have to get up and get it yourself.

A few hours later Hvitserk was sprawled out on his bed with all his children fed and asleep. Hvitserk had to wake his daughter for dinner but after eating she was filled with energy and he had been forced to play a little while longer as his body screamed for sleep. He was exhausted.

Y/n hadn't returned home and he was seriously getting worried. Björn and Ubbe wouldn't let anything happen to her and she was fully capable of taking care of herself. Hvitserk let out a sigh as he felt his eyelids closing.

He loved his children but they wore him out. He had so much respect for his wife who put up with this everyday and had to when he was on raids. He had been sexually frustrated for months about not being able to lay with his wife but he understood why she sometimes turned him down.

Suddenly the door opened and he quickly sat up with his axe in his hand. However he quickly lowered it when he spotted his wife. Her hair was a bit messy but a smile spread upon her lips as their eyes met. Hvitserk was too tired to walk so he simply sat up in bed and waved her over. She smiled but walked over to her children and kissed their cheeks or foreheads before walking over to him.

"How did it go?" Y/n whispered as she placed her arms in his shoulders. Hvitserk's hands quickly found her legs and let them slowly travel up to her ass to give it a firm squeeze. He craved his wife and had been since that one time before giving birth to Saga. Björn played with the Erik as  Ivar taught Torbjörn how to use a sword when he really wanted to have a ride on his chariot. Hvitserk had pulled Y/n into a small shed, pushed her up against the wall and quickly let them take out their frustrations on each other.

"Great, but I could sleep for days," He said and Y/n chuckled. "Did you catch anything?" He continued.

"Yes, two dears and four hares," She said proudly and kissed her husband passionately. "And Björn that bastard was close to kill a bear again but we stopped him," She continued before attaching her lips on her husbands once again. The kiss got quickly heated.

"I really think we need to ask Ubbe if they can watch the children tomorrow because I need you," Hvitserk mumbled against her lips and she chuckled. "And I don't care if it's only a little while we need to have some alone time," Hvitserk said as his wife pulled away. She smiled as she looked him lovingly in the eyes.

"I've missed you too," She said shyly and Hvitserk smirked. His eyes was tired and were almost about to shut themselves. Y/n's heart heated at the cute sight of her husband exhausted. They got comfortable under some furs and she placed her head on her husbands chest. Hvitserk let out a loud sigh.

"Did they behave?" Y/n asked, not sure if her husband were awake.

"Nope," Hvitserk chuckled and Y/n smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"That's because they are your children," Y/n said and cuddled closer into his chest. Hvitserk chuckled once again and nodded.

"And hopefully the gods will give me a little break next time I sleep with you so we wont have baby number four that quickly," Hvitserk said and Y/n shook her head. "I'm not that great of a father to keep up with four of them,"

"You're amazing,"