Ivar's twin.

a/n: requested.

+

Y/N sat beside her twin brother Ivar. Well, she was the female version of him but her legs wasn't deformed as his. No one knew why she hadn't been born the same way as her twin brother, her mother had even talked with the seer when even Helga didn't know why. Since Y/n could walk their parents had been curious if Ivar would be able to walk in the future, if his legs would heal but they never did. Y/n didn't care personally if her brother could walk or not, she loved him anyway.

Ivar had been angry about it his whole childhood. He had a difficult time accepting that her twin, what was supposed to be the exact same as him didn't have deformed legs. His heart broke when he saw Y/n and her brother running around. He had felt like a burden when she had to drag him around everywhere in a trolley. He let out a sigh as he continued to watch the ocean beside his sister.

He loved his sister and had always been protective over her. He remember when he threatened a six year old boy to kill him when they where children. He would always protective of her. Ivar knew that things would get difficult now when they were getting older. He saw young men leave their eyes on her body too long for his liking when she walked past. He knew he one day would have to let her go but it was all that; one day.

"Those brothers got some beautiful boats, yet nothing like Floki's boats," Y/n said as she looked at all the boats by the dock. The Norwegian brothers and their men had arrived yesterday, claiming to be interested in joining father on his raids. Ivar didn't bother to ask if he could join them, he was a cripple but he knew Y/n wanted to join them. She was a great shield maiden to be, he knew when she stepped on the battle field she would become a real one. She was only sixteen years old but her combat skills could be compared to Lagertha's.

"Nothing will ever compare to Floki's handcraft, that man's a genius." Ivar said, avoiding to talk about the Norwegian brothers. He hadn't fully decided if he liked them yet. Harald was a flirt who charmed his way to Aslaug as Halfdan was more close to Ivar personality wise, blood thirsty maniac but treated women too badly. Ivar would just be happy if someone took an interest in him. But when he thought about his failed moment with Margarethe and what he did to her when he failed to get it up made him rather similar to Halfdan.

Ivar snorted when he thought about all the glances Halfdan had given to his sister. Yes, she was beautiful but he was almost twice her age and a perverted idiot who would never lay a hand on his sister. If that would happen Harald could forget about become King of Norway and would become a decor instead. Halfdan would of course join him.

"What?" Y/n asked and looked at her brother. The space between her brows almost nonexsiting as she frowned. Ivar didn't answer, he was all to busy with thinking of ways to kill the Norwegian brothers in the most painful way. As Y/n got up from the sand to get a more present company she saw Ivar smiling, looking pleased with himself. She only shook her head before walking away.

The sky was slowly turning dark as she walked to the great hall. Dinner was served and she wondered if she would sit next to Halfdan tonight again. She couldn't exactly pin point what she found so interesting with him but there was something. She blushed when she realized she actually thought he was rather handsome. His bad behavior, inked face and hair covering parts of his face made her a little hot and bothered. Last night they were eating together her eyes had been glued on his rough manly hands around the cup of mead. She couldn't help but to wonder how it would feel of they roamed her body.

She felt contented when she saw that Halfdan was sitting on the same spot as yesterday, next to her seat. She smiled at everyone as she took her seat, Halfdan on her right and Ivar on her left. She flipped her long brown braid over her shoulder before filling her plate. She listened to the conversation. They were talking about another raid to Paris and excitement filled her body. She wanted to come with. Face her uncle who just left them, joined the other side. Thanks to that she never got the chance to develop a relationship with him. She only got angry when she thought about him.

"Are you joining us to Frankia?" Halfdan asked her as she took a gulp of mead. She shook her head.

"I don't know, I would love to though," She said truthfully and he nodded.

"I think you should, I've seen and heard that you're a very skilled fighter," He said and gave her a wink. Her core muscles contracted by his actions and she chuckled.

"Try to convince that stubborn man over there," She nodded towards her father who talked to Ubbe. As she continued to talk and laugh with Halfdan she could feel a pair of eyes burn two wholes into her skull. She tried to ignore it as the conversation with Halfdan got deeper, they had moved slightly closer and the mead was kicking in. When Ragnar asked Halfdan something about the raid she turned to her twin.

"Stop staring!" She warned in a low tone and Ivar only rolled his eyes.

"I'll stop staring when he stops trying to get into your pants," Ivar whispered so only she could hear. She rolled her eyes before continuing to listen to the conversation. The night went on and she started to feel tired. She excused herself from the table and when we had reached the door she could hear Halfdan do the same. When outside she started to walk towards her cabin but stopped when she heard his voice.

"Y/N! Let me walk you to your cabin," Halfdan said and she turned around. He walked over to her and soon they made their way towards her cabin. She didn't know why he wanted to follow her to her cabin, nothing could happen there anyway, she shared it with Ivar.

"This is where I live," She said as she stopped by the door. She turned around to look at him and he smiled.

"Nice, quite big for you isn't it?" He asked and she held in a laughter.

"I share with my brother," She said and he nodded.

"You're a nice woman Y/N, you know that right," Halfdan said as he took a step closer. She blushed and looked up at him through her lashes. "I really like you," He continued as he got a little closer.

"You're not as bad as I thought either," She answered him and he chuckled. Their faces was now only inches apart and she could feel his breath fan over her face. Before she knew it their lips touched in a gentle kiss. His lips felt smooth against his and she soon felt his hand on her waist, pulling her closer to his body. She didn't know why but she wanted it. Soon Halfdan's tongue licked her bottom lip and not long after that their tongues danced together.

"Y/N!" Her eyes widen when she heard her brothers stern voice. She quickly pulled away and saw Ivar not far away from them. Halfdan only laughed before he gave her wink then he made his way back to the great hall.

"Touch her again Halfdan and you're dead do you hear me!" Ivar yelled after him in a low and warning tone.

"Y/N, get inside!" Ivar growled.