Combat

not edited sorry.

+

Ivar sat outside the great hall on the porch. His eyes were glued on a smaller frame walking by the market place, Y/n was her name and he had spoken to her a few times, slowly getting to know her. A faint smile covered his lips whenever she smiled or accidentally walked into someone. When he had seen her for the first time he though she was the most beautiful girl he had seen in his life. When he had spoken to her for the first time he had adored how kind she had been, it seemed genuine and not a facade because he was the prince of Kattegat.

"What are you looking at brother?" Ubbe said, pulling his youngest brothers hair before taking seat next to him. Ubbe's eyes followed Ivar's icy blue ones and smiled when she saw her. Ubbe had seen the looks his younger brother had given the young woman. Ubbe licked his lips, she was indeed beautiful and if he wasn't already married to Margrethe he surely would given Ivar some competition.

"You know that the blacksmith's son is after her as well right?" Ubbe started and Ivar shot him a glare. "Seeing how much you follow her everyday you probably already knew that," He continued and chuckled when he saw Ivar's harsh glare before patting him on the back.

"The blacksmith's son? Are you sure?" Ivar asked and Ubbe nodded before looking back at the young woman. He hugged his cloak closer to his body when the wind blew.

"Yes, he want's to be the one who raids her body of her innocence," Ubbe said and smiled when he felt pure rage ooze from Ivar's body.

"If he so thinks about touching her I'm chopping his hands off after removing his còck," Ivar spat angrily and Ubbe chuckled.

"Then I guess it would be fair play," Ubbe said with a smirk on his lips and Ivar smacked him in the back of his head.

"Watch it brother, I might remove yours as well when I'm at it," Ivar growled and Ubbe raised his hands in surrender. "I bet Margrethe wouldn't like that, yet Hvitserk would love the idea. He might even help me hold you still while I cut," Ivar taunted and Ubbe rolled his eyes.

"You wouldn't dare brother and Margrethe would've killed you," Ubbe said and Ivar snorted.

"She deserves it, spreading lies about me and her," Ivar growled and thought about the horrible memory, Sigurd's constant nagging and bullying. Ubbe only rolled his eyes, both of them knew the truth yet Ubbe cared for his little brother. He despised Sigurd for constantly nagging on Ivar for what had happened, he didn't ask for it.

"Anyway, you won't get her if you're sitting her everyday and only look at her," Ubbe said and Ivar rolled his eyes. "I've spoken to Margrethe and she knows the girl," Ubbe said and looked at his little brother who's eyes widen.

"Did she say anything?" Ivar asked and Ubbe smiled.

"She think's you're cute," Ubbe said and chuckled as Ivar snorted.

"Cute? A dog is cute, a lamb can be cute. Me Ivar, son of Ragnar Lothbrok and prince of Kattegat is not cute," Ivar spat and his gaze hardened when he saw the blacksmith's son walking out from his fathers hut. A disgusted look on his face when he saw how the boy smiled cheekily to Y/n. Rage filled his body, he pulled his body off the porch before crawling over there. Ubbe's eyes widen as he decided to follow his brother.

People looked at them as they walked over. The blacksmith's son stood there and occupied Y/n so neither one of them noticed that they walked over.

"What's your stupid name?" Ivar spat when they got closer. Y/n turned around and smiled when she saw Ivar yet he didn't look at her, his focus were completely on the blacksmith's son.

"Karl," Karl said, trying to sound confident and brave in front of Y/n. Ivar only spat.

"Stupid name on a stupid boy. Don't you have a sword to sharpen or something?" Ivar asked, trying to get him away from Y/n. Y/n frowned when she noticed how angry Ivar sounded. She looked at him before moving her gaze to Karl. Karl clenched his jaw but didn't cower.

"I was actually busy with taking with Y/n here and don't you need to crawl back home soon so you don't miss you dinner at sundown?" Karl snapped with a smirk. Ivar clenched his jaw tightly, Ubbe placed a hand on his brothers shoulder, trying to stop him and to hold him back. Rage oozed from his body. Y/n frowned when she looked at Karl, it was incredibly rude of him to pick on Ivar's lack of legs.

"You piece of scum, do you know who you're talking to!" Ivar growled and Karl only chuckled.

"Someone who thinks Y/n wants to be with a cripple," Karl taunted him and Y/n snorted.

"Karl are you serious?" She asked him, giving him a harsh glare.

"Okay, you piece of scum. I challenge you to combat, the winner gets Y/n," Ivar said sternly and Karl smirked.

"I think I'm the one who should be choosing that," Y/n spat but neither one of them listened.

"It will be ridiculous when the prince of Ragnar Lothbrok, cripple Ivar Boneless get's beaten by the blacksmith's son," Karl snapped and Ivar growled. Ubbe tried to stop his younger brother from doing something stupid. He didn't fear for his brothers life, Ivar was skilled at combat even if he didn't have legs to move him around.

"What are you doing?" Karl asked as he took his sword, eyes as Ivar took a seat on a stump. Ubbe handed his brother his sword before patting him on the back.

"Take it easy brother," Ubbe whispered into his ear but Ivar only smirked.

"Don't worry brother, he'll get what he deserves," Ivar said and he ignored the sound of Y/n trying to stop them from harming each other. "Thinking he can compete with the son of Ragnar, with the prince of Kattegat. I pity him really," Ivar said with a wide grin on his face.

"Okay men, fight until the other fall," Ubbe raised his voice as people started to gather around. "Do you guys want with or without rules?" He asked and begged them both to choose fair play and no death.

"No, rules. Karl seemed sure enough he'd win so why should he worry and I'll no the opposite will happened," Ivar said and smirked at the blacksmiths son who didn't realize what he had agreed to. His eyes widen when he realized Ivar might kill him. He gulped before getting into position.

"It's no use trying to stop Ivar, Karl doesn't seem to want to stop either," Ubbe told Y/n who's eyes were wide in panic. Karl were a nice guy but she thought Ivar had more depth, she knew she could've talk about everything with Ivar, things that Karl might no understand nor care about. Ivar gave her good attention and didn't ask if she wanted to sneak into a hut somewhere. Yet Karl always made her laugh when she was a bit scared by Ivar.

"Ready men? Fight!" Ubbe said and soon Karl attacked. Both of them grunted when the sound of their swords clashing together over and over again. Ivar smirked when the blacksmith's son wasn't as good as himself. He saw the lack of training yet had some good hits but not enough. Soon Karl struck Ivar so he lost balance and fell to the ground. However he turned around in the right time to dodge another hit. Ivar smashed the sword from Karl's hand and before he could run to grab it, Ivar grabbed his feet so he fell. Ivar being the one with the strongest upper body he crawled over to Karl as he turned around. Ivar smirked when he took his danger from his pants and looked Karl in the eyes.

"I yield!" Karl said and Ivar chuckled.

"Speak to Y/n again and I promise you I won't be as merciful," Ivar growled before stabbing the dagger a few inches from Karl's face. Karl closed his eyes, preparing for a hit that never came. He let out a shaky breath before Ivar grabbed his sword and dagger. Ivar only chuckled.

"I guess I won you Y/n," Ivar said with a smile and looked at his girl.