Ivar's love/hate relationship

a/n: requested.

+

Y/n had no idea how long she had been walking through the woods. All she had seen was the green trees, ground and the stones covered in moss. She almost didn't remember the way back to her aunt. Her mother, Kedra, had told her to go back to her child home, back to her aunt Lagertha after she died.

A sad sigh left her mouth when the imagines of her sick mother the last months. She had only been laying in bed, white as the snow in the winter with pain in every part of her body. It pained her daughter to not being able to help her mother. It pained her to see her own mother slowly slip from her grasp. Kedra asked her daughter not to tell Lagertha about her condition. She didn't want her sister to remember her like someone who turned weak from being one of the strongest.

However after her long walk in a rather unknown direction she reached a village, a rather large one. Her eyes widen as relief filled her body when she saw the familiar colors on a pair of shields, red. She picked up her pace and decided it would be wise to enter the largest building.

It was almost like she didn't exist when she walked through the village. No one seemed to acknowledge her as they kept woking on their duties, selling things in the market or playing around. The sound of metal clashing together she turned her head and saw a blacksmith. Images of her childhood when she had been running around her filled her mind. The blacksmith hadn't moved an inch.

The smell of the ocean was filling her nostrils and the sound of the waves was faintly heard in the background. She took a deep breath when she reached the main building. The doors were closed but she could hear faint talking from inside. She started to wonder if they would remember her since it had been so many years. She was only four years old when she had been here the last time with her mother, eleven years ago. She remembered Ragnar, aunt Lagertha's husband and their son Björn. A smile replaced the worried expression by the sweet memory of them playing.

She placed her hands on the wooden doors, breathing deeply before opening them. The people inside stopped talking as she entered. She gulped when she didn't recognized anyone around the table. Five younger boys and men sat around the table. Yet her eyes locked on the rather large man with blond hair, he seemed rather familiar when she looked closely.

"Excuse me, who are you?" One of the brunette men asked as they all looked at her. The younger men looked at her with fire in their eyes yet the one with dark brown hair shot its fire at her. The blacked haired man looked very young. His skin slightly sun kissed, lips plump and pink as his brown hair was pushed back, not long enough to braid.

"I'm looking for Lagertha," She spoke, confidence lingering in her voice. Her mother had always told her to speak confidently, not letting anyone see the weakness.

"Y/n?" The blond said, gaining her attention. Y/N looked at the blond as she frowned.

"Björn?" Y/N asked as the blond quickly got out of her chair. He almost ran towards her before engulfing her in bear hug. Björn hugged her tightly and she closed her eyes, feeling revealed that she hadn't entered the wrong village.

"Why are you looking for my mother?" Björn asked as they pulled away. Y/n looked at her feet as she bit her lip.

"Mother is dead," Y/N said only loud enough for him to hear. She didn't need the people at the table to hear this. Björn hugged her again before one of his brother cleared their throats which made them pull apart. They both looked at the table and all of them looked at the Björn and Y/N.

"Who's this?" The same brunette man from earlier asked.

"Brothers," Björn started and Y/N's eyes widen. "This is Y/N, my aunt Kedra's daughter. My cousin," He continued and it seemed like the new information made them curious, except the brown haired boy. He only snorted and rolled his eyes before taking a gulp of mead.