Death to love.

a/n: requested.

warning: death.

+

Y/n hugged her cloak closer to her body as she walked out from her cabin. Peeking over her shoulder at her sleeping husband Ivar. He looked so relaxed and innocent when he slept. A small smile almost covered her lips before closing the door.

She had quickly gathered a dress for her too sleep in before leaving Ivar alone. They had been arguing this whole week. Ivar had been very angry with her, accusing her of not loving him enough and that she had become more in love with the title of being wife of Ragnar Lothbrok's son, wife of Ivar. Which she wasn't, she had drifted apart from him since she was scared of him. His short temper had made him cross the line one or two times before.

As she made her way towards the woods and the hunting cabin she didn't know that Ivar wasn't a sleep. He opened his eyes and crawled off the bed before quickly pulling his shirt over his head before his cloak. Before leaving he peeked outside and he could faintly see her silhouette walking towards the woods however his eyes widen when he saw Hvitserk walking in the same direction not long after.

Rage filled his body as he couldn't help but to accuse his wife of cheating. A low growl left his lips before taking his knife with him then he left the cabin. His usual cynical mind and blood thirst didn't make the situation any better. When he had killed his brother months ago, his mind wasn't functioning like normally. All he could hear was the blood rushing though his veins and his extreme anger got he best of him.

Grunts left his body as he quickly crawled through the woods. The only feeling he was pure rage oozing from his body, his heart pushing it around his body. He didn't stop when he saw the familiar cabin in the dark woods. Light bleeding out from the cracks. However he stopped when he got close enough to hear voices.

"I-I can't go back to him, Hvitserk," Y/n almost cried as she looked at her brother in law. Hvitserk's eyes filled with sadness as he saw how she fell apart from him.

"He won't hurt you Y/n, both me and my brothers will make sure of that," He said before pulling her into his embrace. Tears left her eyes and she so desperately wanted the old Ivar back. When they met, yes he was an angry man but there was some light shining through. The sweet memories of all the simple things like testing Floki's boats, training and all those nights he stayed up with her when she couldn't sleep.

"Stay here tonight, I can stay with you if you want," Hvitserk asked and she nodded.

"Yes, that would be nice," She said before wiping her tears. Hvitserk wiped one with his thumb as the door got forced open. Both their eyes widen when they saw Ivar with an angry scowl on his face. She moved closer to Hvitserk as she crawled inside.

"So this is what you do when I'm asleep or think I'm not seeing," Ivar said accusingly and Hvitserk frowned.

"Shut up Ivar," Hvitserk said sternly in a low voice.

"Keep out off it brother," Ivar spat, venom dripping from each and every word.

"Wife, get over here," Ivar ordered her but she refused, her body refused. It didn't move and Ivar clenched his jaw. "Get. Over. Here. Y/N." Ivar said, warning her but Hvitserk quickly stepped in between and due to his quick moments Ivar brought out knife. Hvitserk only chuckled.

"Stop being a baby Ivar, you already fücked up with Sigurd and we all know that won't happen again," Hvitserk warned him. Y/n was rather shocked since Hvitserk was one of the best people to keep out of Ivar's messy business. Whenever Ivar and Sigurd argued he kept to himself, letting Ubbe interfere if things got to far.

"Don't push your luck brother and move," Ivar said, the anger got a hand of his as he felt like his lost control of the situation. He crawled over to Hvitserk who refused to move. Ivar's nostrils flared before quickly taking a grip on his brothers leg, pulling it towards him which made him fall backwards.

Hvitserk lost balance and tried to grip anything but failed and prepare for a harsh fall but he landed softly. The sound of something colliding with the table was heard almost echoed in the cabin. Hvitserk's eyes widen before he quickly got up. Both brothers looking at Y/N who got squeezed underneath Hvitserk and blood oozed from the back of her head.

"Fùck she hit her head in the edge of the table," Hvitserk cursed and panic filled his body. Ivar's eyes was wide when he saw his wife's lifeless body only lay there. "I'll get Helga," Hvitserk said before quickly running outside. Ivar crawled over to her when he heard a sharp yet faint inhale.

Y/'s eyes opened her eyes a bit and Ivar looked at her with an empty expression. The smaller couch wasn't too far away so he took the pillow on it, letting out short and rugged breaths before placing it above her head. With the help of his upper body he pushed the pillow down, his body almost possessed. Only hatred and a powerful feeling spread across his body.

He almost smirked when her felt her trying to fight back but he was stronger and not to mention the cut on her head. He didn't remove the pillow before she was completely still. When he threw the pillow away he saw her white skin and a light blue shade on the lips. Her eyes were slightly open and they didn't have the usual shine to them, they were foggy.

"We got here as fast-" Helga said as she rushed in with Hvitserk behind.

"She didn't make it," Ivar said coldly as he looked down at her, caressing her cheek. Hvitserk squinted his eyes as he looked at his brother yet he didn't say anything. 

He killed her. He killed his wife.