Chosen by Halfdan

not edited sorry.

+

A large amount of ships sailed into the bay of Kattegat. People gathered by the shore, including the queen and her sons. Ubbe stood closely to his mother, clinging to one of her legs and Hvitserk hugged her other one as little Sigurd slept in her arms. The queen squinted her eyes, trying to see who had decided to pay them a visit. She didn't recognize the ships which only intrigued her.

Harald and his brother Halfdan, the Norwegian brother had set sail to Kattegat a month ago. They wanted to meet the famous Ragnar Lothbrok. They had heard stories about him and his journeys to England. Harald wasn't only here because he wanted to explore England, he had ambitions to become the King of all Norway.

Harald's brother Halfdan joined him because their strong bond. Halfdan wanted to see his brother succeed and to see England. Both brothers smiled at each other when they saw the banners on the shore, they had made it. Harald smirked when he locked gazes with a beautiful woman with long brunette hair with children clinging to her legs. Halfdan followed his brother when they stepped off the boat and onto the dock. Halfdan wanted roll his eyes when his brother gave the woman a large charming smile.

"Who may you be?" She asked and Halfdan smirked. He felt the children's eyes on him, they observed him with wide eyes.

"I'm Harald Fine-hair and this is my brother Halfdan. We're here to meet the great Ragnar Lothbrok," He said and the queen smiled. "And you must be a queen, just seeing how beautiful you are," Harald continued and the queen smiled.

"I'm Queen Aslaug, Ragnar is my husband. I welcome you to Kattegat however I have the sad news to inform you that my husband isn't here at this very moment," The queen said and the brothers frowned. If the greats warrior Ragnar Lothbrok had died they would've known yet they had been at sea for a while. "Ragnar and his firstborn are away to discuss their future travels but please feel welcome and follow me and I'll make sure you and your men will be fed," She continued and they nodded.

"Thank you my Queen," Harald said and smiled widely at her. The brothers followed them inside as their men unloaded the boats. When they walked inside they saw the tables filled with food yet what filled the tables didn't caught their attention. It was the five women standing behind the large table in the great hall. They were clearly slaves, dressed in cheap clothing and their hairs were only braided in single ones.

"It almost looks like you were expecting us, Queen Aslaug," Halfdan said as his eyes inspected the women. A smile visible on his lips when he saw how shy they were, he liked them shy. His eyes stopped on one in particular, she had long blond hair, a few strands hung over her face, plump pink lips and blue eyes. Her skin was slightly dirty, as everyone else. When their eyes locked she looked to the ground and he licked his lips.

"We saw your ships and quickly gathered some food, you didn't seem to come with an aggressive manner," The queen said as her sons sat down by the table, close to their mother, before filling their plates. Harald sat down and Halfdan soon followed after forcing his eyes off the young slave. The women filled their cups with mead and Halfdan fought the urge to touch the young woman as she filled his cup. "These women are yours as long as you stay here, choose one and she'll be your personal servant. Help you with your tents, baths and such," Aslaug said when she noticed the glances the brothers gave them women.

"The blond one is mine," Halfdan said quickly and looked at her. Harald chose the brunette woman beside his girl. Halfdan almost didn't look away, his eyes glued on the woman as Harald kept speaking with the queen.

"Y/n, why don't you show Halfdan to the guest hut and Sophie why don't you do the same with Harald," The queen said after they were finished eating. Y/n nodded and looked at Halfdan as she walked up to him.