Married Ivar

a/n: not really detailed mature content

+

People walked quickly through the market. Salesmen were selling different kinds of meat and fish, wool, leather, herbs and vegetables. I walked up towards a smaller hut with two large buckets of water to my mother.

As I felt my bare feet hurt from the harsh ground I saw the familiar brunett crawl outside the great hall. I stopped and let myself admire the handsome man on the ground. Even if I stood far away I could still see that jawline and handsome face. A small smile played on my lips as my heart started to beat fast in my chest.

Ivar was talking to his brother Ubbe on the porch. They both seemed rather relaxed. It had been a few months since Sigurd had been buried and killed by his own brother. When the news quickly had spread I got a bit scared, the first time I actually feared someone of the now royal family.

My smile faded a bit when the way to familiar blond woman stepped outside the great hall, Ivar's wife. Her dress was a light blue color and her hair was made to perfection. My eyes quickly fell to the ground, the sight of my dirty and old dress made me ashamed. I looked back at the people on the porch after taking a deep breath.

I wanted to scrunch my nose up in disgust by the sight of his wife gently pulling her fingers through his hair. It looked like she was petting an animal. Ivar looked at his wife who smiled at her husband sweetly and he returned it. They looked out on the market and I quickly lifted the buckets of water once more before hurrying back home. They wouldn't notice me no matter how much I wanted it, I didn't stand out.

"Mother, here's your water," I said as I walked inside. She stood and prepared a fire as my sick father were in bed coughing every now and then. She gave me smile and walked over to me and before she took a bucket she kissed my forehead.

"Thank you sweetie," She mumbled. "Tor was looking for you earlier," She continued before placing the bucket in the small kitchen. I did the same and hummed in answer before walking over to my father. A pained smile covered his lips as I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling father?" I asked, it was a frequently asked question of mine and every time I asked I dreaded the answer he would give me. I smiled at him as I fixed his blanket.

"Like I could live another day," Was all he said before he started to cough again. When he had calmed down he smiled at me. However there was sadness in his eyes which made my heart ache for my father.

"You're a true fighter father, the gods are proud of you and so am I," I said before kissing his sweat covered cold forehead. "Now rest while mother cook something for you," I continued and he smiled kindly.

"You are going to make a man very happy one day," He said before closing his tired and water filled eyes. I smiled before turning to my mother. She was a rock for taking care of the house when her husband was sick. I had heard her silent cries at night or when she cleaned our clothes but she never gave up.

"I'm going out to find Tor," I said before kissing my mothers cheek. "Don't wait up!" I said before leaving. I couldn't help but to take a quick look at the entrance to the great hall however Ivar was gone as well as his wife and Ubbe. I shook my head quickly by the thought of what Ivar might be doing and how pathetic I was being.

"Hi Tor," I said and smiled as I found him by the beach. I could recognize his long blond and braided hair from afar. He usually sat there and admired the boats. He had talked to Floki a few times and even helped him since he wanted to become a boatbuilder himself.

"Hey Y/N, I was looking for you earlier," He said and patted the spot next to him. I smiled and I sat down.

"I know, what do you want?" I said as I brushed the sand off my hands.